+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 2 cents on how to make bards better in dungeons or long fights.

Soulwalker

Default My 2 cents on how to make bards better in dungeons or long fights.

Four different ways to help Bards that I see would help. Using one of these would help a lot but I would love other suggestions.

1. Give us a bonus for keeping Motifs up. It should be high in our tree and could be called "Without missing a beat". For every rotation I do not let my Motif drop it gains 5% to a max of 30% increase until I mess up my rotation.

As an example.

Our Motif that adds 5% to healing.

If I keep a Motif up the full 27 seconds the next time it will add 10%, then 15%, then 20%, then 25% and last 30%. That would allow us to stack all of our Motifs and actually do a better buffing / healing job while forcing us to keep them up correctly at all times.

It can be on a per fight basis.

This means once you gain aggro it can start building but once you lose aggro it will go to 5% and start over again. This will keep bards from keeping it up at all times or spamming a macro 24 hours a day to have it up at all times and won't help a ton in small fights but with fights longer than 2 1/2 min it will keep it maxed if you do not mess up.

2. Another way to do it would be add a buff to Cadence somewhere high in our tree where as long as it hits within another 10 seconds etc it will keep the buff up and add a stack. It would stack up to 5 times and not fall off till you missed your rotation or lose aggro. This would allow you to use a finisher or cast a Motif without losing the effect but you would have to get right back to Cadence.

Example:

Mob comes in cast Cadence. You get the first stack and a 5% buff, second cast within 10 seconds you get the second stack and a 10% buff and so on like below.

Stack 1. 5% Buff to all Cadence Damage and healing / 5% Buff to all Motif Effects.
    Stack 2. 10% Buff to all Cadence Damage and healing / 5% Buff to all Motif Effects.
    Stack 3. 15% Buff to all Cadence Damage and healing / 5% Buff to all Motif Effects.
    Stack 4. 20% Buff to all Cadence Damage and healing / 5% Buff to all Motif Effects.
    Stack 5. 25% Buff to all Cadence Damage and healing / 5% Buff to all Motif Effects.

3. The same idea as two but use combo points instead of a buff. For every combo point we have up we get the buff and when we use them or the mob dies we lose the bonus and we have to build it back up. This is probably the least favorable as honestly a raid would want you using your 5 point healing finisher or a dps finisher throughout the fight to help with the mob(s).

4. The next option is a general buff or Motif for a bard that ups all of our Cadence, heals and buffs. If you keep a certain Motif up, maybe make a 51 point talent called "Motif of augmentation". It could do the same thing for all of our healing / buffing skills. Up our Anthems, Cadence, healing and Motifs by 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% depending on how long we kept it up once we got Aggro.

Those are just a few suggestions and I am open to ideas or other options too.

Soulwalker

Default Am I off on this?

No one think this might help in some way?

Soulwalker

Default Bump

I figure I will bump this till we can get some discussion. I would really like to get some ideas on how we can fix the soul.

Soulwalker

Default Last Bump

Anyone have any ideas?

Soulwalker

I like the 1st suggestion.... though I know id hate it only cause in usually 1 second too late X(

Though I really would like a freaking out of combat res...... everyone else has a way to get one... why cant rogues get 1? (and no Call of Ascended doesnt count)
    Last edited by Gindorf; 04-02-2011 at 07:48 PM.
    Hey look I finally got one of these

Soulwalker

Default Agree

I agree, we should have some sort of rez to help in wipes. Even if it is on a long cool down like 30 min or something.

Telaran

My own personal opinion is to add a bit of the Everquest bard ability into Rift. Give us a top tier talent that allows us to charm a pet. This would allow the bard to put out slightly more dps while maintaining their Cadence, Burst heal, motif rotation. I mean I have seen fully support specced bards who have less healing done then Chloro by 80%, and while said Chloro was pulling 400 - 500dps said bard was pulling 80 - 150dps. They just need something small to help them out.

Also from what I have heard and seen, raiding is almost ridiculous now with bosses critting and bards only healing 5 people instead of 10. Clerics just cant cut it half the time unless they are just amazing. Recently noticed a lot of "X cleric is just a garbage player" chatter when in reality the 1.1 patch made their jobs twice as hard.

IDK thats just my 2cents. Dont really care either way. I picked rogue to play bard hoping it was gonna be like EQ where the bard was the master of pulling, splitting packs, crowd control etc... but in this game they have one job stand there spamming cadence and press your 5 motif buttons once every 30 seconds. Absolutely trash gameplay if you ask me.
    Last edited by Aandolas; 04-02-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot.

Soulwalker

I agree that I miss EQ bards the most. But they are not looking for that I think. I am trying to suggest things that might be easier to do with the current mechanics. That said charming would be fun, hell a game where some class was required or at least wanted to pull would be nice. I miss EQ for all of the grouping / pulling required. It made us come together as a group, but this is RIFT and not EQ so I am happy if they just give us more want in groups.

Telaran

While you are correct, my whole position since beta has been they need to pick a update and take the entire rogue calling back to the table and start over and re-release it by that update. Be it in 6 months or a year whatever but the current rogue souls are unimaginative, useless, sub-par, and poorly designed. So I mean I will wait out until somethign different comes along and decide at that time if Trion has earned my business, or lost it.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot.

Soulwalker

I changed my sub to 3 months. I will give it that and to try and have a good experiance here. They might suprise me, but I do agree that it would take a Soul Revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Aandolas View Post
    My own personal opinion is to add a bit of the Everquest bard ability into Rift. Give us a top tier talent that allows us to charm a pet. This would allow the bard to put out slightly more dps while maintaining their Cadence, Burst heal, motif rotation. I mean I have seen fully support specced bards who have less healing done then Chloro by 80%, and while said Chloro was pulling 400 - 500dps said bard was pulling 80 - 150dps. They just need something small to help them out.

IDK thats just my 2cents. Dont really care either way. I picked rogue to play bard hoping it was gonna be like EQ where the bard was the master of pulling, splitting packs, crowd control etc... but in this game they have one job stand there spamming cadence and press your 5 motif buttons once every 30 seconds. Absolutely trash gameplay if you ask me.
    ya i play a barb and its felt fine until t2 i seen a chloro aoe healing more doing 2-3x my dps +bards lose 5 secs of gcd just to keep a buffs up.So no one wants a bard off heal when chloro is way better.
    what i think is they need to add a Motif cadence even if it dont add combo its dumb bards lose 1/6 of every boss fight just buffing. healing is ok but they need one single target heal. bards cant even off heal some T2 bosses its so lame.try doing cc with a bard it sucks

+ Reply to Thread