+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can a Bard heal for a Group by himself?

Default Can a Bard heal for a Group by himself?

With Cadence, Coda of Resto, and Verse of Vitality, plus any other Bard abilities that provide healing, is it strong enough to make a Bard a perfectly functional group healer in instances and other 5 mans? The main concern would be whether or not the Bard can keep a tank up since his heals are all group based.

Still only a level 30 fledgling Rogue, and trying to flesh out options for my 2nd Role (I actually have never played Bard, I just know some of the abilities from looking at them).

Rift Disciple

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL *gasps for breath* LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Bards can not heal themselves let alone a group.

No, Bards won't be able to heal a 5man alone, they are just great buff support/off healers.

You'll heal a lot don't get me wrong, but they have no direct heals to keep a tank alive...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sekky View Post
    No, Bards won't be able to heal a 5man alone, they are just great buff support/off healers.

You'll heal a lot don't get me wrong, but they have no direct heals to keep a tank alive...
    As full bard, I was healing our t1 5man groups all the time... all the way up to boss fights,
    Our guild tank is pretty good, whatever build he uses he takes much less damage then most i have seen

As for boss fights, no... we are just sad. lol

Rift Disciple

If the tank greatly outlevels/outgears the content and has some self heals, it can work. Aside from that, no. You won't keep up with the incoming damage on the tank in any boss fight. Bards are a utility class, not a primary healing class.
    Last edited by Aufero; 04-02-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Rift Disciple too_legit_to_rift's Avatar

After reading this thread, I believe both Trion and the community can agree that bards need another nerf. Please Trion, nerf bards so they cannot keep a tank up during trash in a T1, meanwhile please Trion, continue to allow Chloros to solo heal every t2 in the game.... while doing just under the dps of an actual dps rogue.

Of course they can heal groups by themselves!

hrm...in the 10-20/20-30 pvp bracket....
    Last edited by Zeth; 04-02-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Plane Walker

oh yes bard keeping allive a group. with heals that go to 500 noncrit. while tanks have around 7-9k hp ...

damn your going to spam those heals ^^ oh w8 no you need 5 cp for it. oh that takes aroudn 4-5 seconds ... in the mean time you heal 150-250 every second

that while in general mobs hit over 400/second dmg.

no sir a bard cannot heal a group. except if both bard and warrior highly outgears the place and maybe the tank has a broken build (old reaver ? )

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by too_legit_to_rift View Post
    After reading this thread, I believe both Trion and the community can agree that bards need another nerf. Please Trion, nerf bards so they cannot keep a tank up during trash in a T1, meanwhile please Trion, continue to allow Chloros to solo heal every t2 in the game.... while doing just OVER the dps of an actual dps rogue.
    Fixed

/10char
    Last edited by omgacow; 04-02-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Short answer: No.
    Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Rift Disciple

Tier 1, possibly.

Tier 2, not a chance.
    WoW - Deadenlol/Cika/Vyka/Deaden - 6 Time Gladiator DK/Warrior/Rogue - Whisperwind (US)
    Rift - Deaden - Rogue - Lotham (US)
    DAoC - Fraletlan - r50 rr10 Smite Cleric - Iseult

Dispelling rogue myths one at a time
    Yes, you can parse over 1k as a rogue.
    No, marksman is not an awful tree.
    Target dummies do not give an accurate representation of raid performance. Stop it.

The job of a bard is to keep popping tiny heals to the group until your cleric has time to top them off. A job of a chloro apparently is to keep the entire group up along with the tank.
    Don't Hate The Game, Hate The Chotu.

Chotu - Regulos - Guardian - <Vantage>

Soulwalker

Levelling in instances, yes you can. I have solo healed plenty of 5 mans with level-appropriate tanks. The tank can't run in and chain pull 2-3 groups at once like they might be able to with a dedicated healing cleric, but it's perfectly doable. I even healed FoLH the entire time thinking that there was a healer in the party when really it was only me.

In experts, no. You can't. Maybe when people start wildly outgearing the content.

Champion

I solo healed the third to last boss in DDx (can't remember the name, it's the slime guy). Our Cleric got killed in the first 10 seconds of the fight because they didn't move out of the aoe circle.

However, I have the healing trinket from DSMx that procs 600-700 heals off of cadence (and on Bard, it procs ALL THE TIME) and I am quite geared.

Also, this was before 1.1 and we had 2 BM/Champ DPS that were each putting out ~1600 individual DPS, so the boss went down fast. I had to pop Virtuoso and if it had taken much longer to kill the boss, well, my healing couldn't keep up.

So the short answer is no, you can't feasibly solo heal. You might be able to get lucky (as I did), but probably 90% of the time we would have wiped in that same situation.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 04-02-2011 at 12:54 PM.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Plane Touched

My troll-detector just hissed and then exploded.

Are you trying to kill me or something?

There is soda all over my desk right now.

+ Reply to Thread