+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pardon the Interuption+Virtuoso+Brush it off

Soulwalker

Default Pardon the Interuption+Virtuoso+Brush it off

Feel like this be pretty OP

15 seconds of 50% chance to interupt every global+removal of magic effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggerz View Post

You are of course aware that virtuoso doesn't work on anything apart from bard codas?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gwailo View Post
    You are of course aware that virtuoso doesn't work on anything apart from bard codas?
    spamming Coda of wrath every second for 15 seconds is a pretty ridiculous amount of damage, specced or not. Specially with NB finisher +dam and nonphysical increases.

Plane Walker

virtuose -> coda's do not consume combo points.

other finishers still do.

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Considering that's one of the big cool down buttons for bard, it's reasonable for the "OP Burst" you are crying about. On a serious note, if you are dying to a bard like that, you're doing something gravely wrong my friend.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by VampiricDemise View Post
    Considering that's one of the big cool down buttons for bard, it's reasonable for the "OP Burst" you are crying about. On a serious note, if you are dying to a bard like that, you're doing something gravely wrong my friend.
    In no way was I "crying". It was more posing a question.

Your elitist air is not needed. Especially when it most likely isnt warranted.

Sounds like someone got killed by a bard..

Instead of coming to the rogue boards and posting a whine QQ post about how much of a bad you are by being killed from arguably the lowest dps build in the game atm, you should have just kept quiet and l2p in a big way

15 seconds every 2 minutes, on a fully comboed target a bard can get...nope still lower dps than any other build lol. There is just nothing here to even contemplate except for captain bad OP

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post
    Sounds like someone got killed by a bard..

Instead of coming to the rogue boards and posting a whine QQ post about how much of a bad you are by being killed from arguably the lowest dps build in the game atm, you should have just kept quiet and l2p in a big way

15 seconds every 2 minutes, on a fully comboed target a bard can get...nope still lower dps than any other build lol. There is just nothing here to even contemplate except for captain bad OP
    Chill with the qqs bads.

How is there nothing to contemplate.

Captain bad op? touch my 2800 ratings in 3s, or any game for that matter, and you can comment on my theory crafting.

ITT: bads calling bads, bads when bads are themselves bads.

but seriously tho, dying to a bard is like dying to tripping over a stick IRL. your an absolute idiot if it happened. Virtuoso spamming coda of wrath will do around 400-500 dps for 15 seconds depending on crits and if you could spam without having to move/cast other stuff. Considering a warrior/mage will do around 700-800 dps constantly without popping a CD its not OP at all.

L2P issue. if the bard is spamming finishers at you then move out of it... CC him and hey look now he's wasted a CD and only gained half the value of it. go and attack him forcing him to use restoration so you and your group that's being stupid and clumping up together don't die.

If your not a rogue kindly go back to your forum area of the class discussion forum lest we rogues get bored of meridian/sanctum and come to yours and crying OP on anything we can find

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrin View Post
    ITT: bads calling bads, bads when bads are themselves bads.

but seriously tho, dying to a bard is like dying to tripping over a stick IRL. your an absolute idiot if it happened. Virtuoso spamming coda of wrath will do around 400-500 dps for 15 seconds depending on crits and if you could spam without having to move/cast other stuff. Considering a warrior/mage will do around 700-800 dps constantly without popping a CD its not OP at all.

L2P issue. if the bard is spamming finishers at you then move out of it... CC him and hey look now he's wasted a CD and only gained half the value of it. go and attack him forcing him to use restoration so you and your group that's being stupid and clumping up together don't die.

If your not a rogue kindly go back to your forum area of the class discussion forum lest we rogues get bored of meridian/sanctum and come to yours and crying OP on anything we can find
    20 yard range or so on fury and wrath. No cast time, throw out a twighlight or something and kite away while spamming.

Well i mean this would easily be solved by say not popping virtu until youve set up your kill?

As to attacking, save defenseive cds for vitruo pop?

Im snagging 2500 fury and wrath crits with full heat.
    Last edited by Swaggerz; 04-02-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Soulwalker

and really dont know who you guys are playing against. I have yet to use a duel as a bard against any class and usually I can easily kill someone in the space of my virt cd.
    Last edited by Swaggerz; 04-02-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Wow, so a Bard can actually rip out some burst for 15 seconds, once every 3 minutes. Gods forbid. I'm sorry but it is far from OP considering some of the other abilities many other souls have.

Oh and, you can't even spec into both Pardon the Interruption and Brush it Off, so nice armchair QQ.
    I'm raging with ire, an ocean of fire.
    My Wrath is the path to all I desire.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggerz View Post

See your first sentence. Sounds like QQ to everyone here. Virtuoso is on a 3 minute cooldown, 15 sec effect.

Vandrin has a excellent point. Mage Squirrel lasts 35 sec untalented. Weapon Barrage on the BladeDancer silences for 5 sec on a 10 sec cooldown which means the bard has 5 sec of Virtuoso. Ranger's Concussive Blast silences for 5 sec. All 3 of these are instant cast spells. There are other interrupts as well.

Finally, Dungeoness' point, you can't spec into Pardon the Interruption and Brush if off. OP said he had yet to lose as a Bard when dueling someone? I guess that's true when one has never played a Bard. Can't lose if you never try.

+ Reply to Thread