+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: buffing rogues

Rift Chaser

Default buffing rogues

i think most of agree that rogues needs buffage they are being disregarded in every way possible other classes dps better / buff better / support heal better so rogues are subpar in everything!

how about instead of whining about this tho we come up with ideas to make these classes more viable
    ill start with ideas about the assassin tree!

1. make backstab 3 sec cooldown of the GCD so that we can use savage strike or whatever while shooting of backstabs while we do it.
    2. make it so that if ya put more then 21 points into the soul every point after 21 will do 1% extra physical damage on all abilities that do physical damage (also autoattack).
    3. make elusiveness a buff that can be cast and stays up indefinately
    4. drop the cooldown on slip away so that we can reapply our stealth only dot or stun to 30 secs we are assassins afterall 2 min doesnt cut it!
    5. make poison do more damage and make the finisher that increases poisondamage also increase proc rate of poisons.

Assassins lack a lot in single target compared to other classes

greetz styxxey

Rift Chaser

Default bards

1. make motifs / anthems / fanfars more effective and stack with other similar buffs aka endurance cleric buff....or warlord buffs...
    2. make motifs last longer then 30 secs
    3. make cadence do more damage or make it so it also gets affected by spellpower!
    4. drop the recast on virtuoso at least to 2 min

these changes will still not allow us to compete with the chloro mage but it will be a step in the right direction.

Taking Backstab off the GCD would be a great start. Still though it's a positional attack so it wtill wouldn't be anywhere near as good as warrior reactives are.

Good idea though

Rift Chaser

Default bladedancer

1. make the disengage / reprisal abilities also work on a crit and not just a dodge bladedancers are useless (well not useless but less usefull) without actually making use of dodge / parry. or give them an additional buff to the dex buff that if its put on the MT and he blocks / parries / dodges you get the abilty to use those combat arts. (prolly hard to program)

2. make dancing steel do either more damage or have an additional proc like disarm or stun or anything altough i prefer more damage.

3. make the combo point builders that might give ya an advantage also work on crits group dex buff allows for whoever has agroe to dodge and make your abilities available!

these changes wouldnt make this soul op but would make it viable to combine it with an assassin for non pve soloing.

Telaran

Actually backstab off the GCD does sound like a good idea unless it was crippled w/a huge CD.

Rift Disciple

Actually, there are very few changes that need to be made to the Assassin and NB trees. The only balanced changes you should ever make are to make poisons and weapon enchants scale with your characters gear. That will provide a moderate boost in PvE damage, while not having an overly significant impact in PvP. Since those two classes are fairly well balanced right now for pvp, I'd say Trion needs to be careful with touching Sins and NBs.

BDs and Marks however, could probably use a rework. BD most certainly needs some sort of passive DPS increase, because it's terrible unless your target is hitting you, and even then it's lackluster when compared to NB. Marksmen is another adjustment that needs to be made very carefully. They're very mobile, so most likely you should increase damage and slightly reduce mobility.

Also, why are you even using backstab, unless it's for PvE? For PvP you shouldn't be relying on a positional attack, it's rare you will ever get anyones back (who is relatively intelligent and/or skilled). You also can't implement every single buff you asked for, that'd be ridiculously OP. I can tell you right now, if I get the jump on anyone, no matter what class they are, I will win. Especially if I have slip away up.

For everyone worried about Pyromancers, just open w/ Jagged, Puncture, and Impale, then Slip Away. That combo will take him below 50% hp for sure, and most Pyros will panic and run out of GoS. If he does, re-open w/ Paralyzing and finish him. If he doesn't leave GoS, just wait out your bleeds and reapply them again once they wear off, you'll win. If you dont have slip away up, well...open with the same combo and then try and burst as hard as you can, you'll be fine. Assassin is about patience, and hit and run tactics. It's most definitely not a front-line fighter. Once you get into that mindset, Assassin becomes a very, very powerful class.
    Last edited by Selix; 04-02-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Rift Chaser

Default nightblade

nightblade damage just needs to go up.

1. flamethrust finsiher needs to do more damage same as SOD maybe just have SOD do flamethrust (after increase damage) and proc the death damage for a buncha attacks!

2. make lingering flames always add a fiery spike to yer target not only if the target is already affected by one, allows for more rotation creativity.

3. improve the damage of fiery spike and if there are 3 charges make it blow up like smoldering blades and do all dot damage which should have been done over time all at once so ya can reapply the fiery spike again! tru finishers or actual casting of fiery spike!

4 make primal strike always do extra death damage for 3 points spent even if its a low lvl ability i wouldnt expect only 30% extra death damage that does 400 death damage at the most!

5. increase the damage of the weapon enchantments raw damage and increase the talents to increase these from 15x2=30 to 50x2=100

these changes would bring the NB more inline with pure AE/ST damage classes maybe even a lil more then that but since its mostly a melee class.......it should be right!

Telaran

nb is very close to where it needs to be at least for pvp, yeah if you got 1/3rd of all the buffs you are asking for in here rogues would be op as f*ck

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Selix View Post
    Actually, there are very few changes that need to be made to the Assassin and NB trees. The only balanced changes you should ever make are to make poisons and weapon enchants scale with your characters gear.

valid point and this is why i think (since this is untrue right now) poisons and weapon chants need to be more potent!

That will provide a moderate boost in PvE damage, agreed!

while not having an overly significant impact in PvP. Since those two classes are fairly well balanced right now for pvp, I'd say Trion needs to be careful with touching Sins and NBs.

Disagree with this trion has stated they wouldnt balance around pvp and i also disagree with them being balanced for pvp right now assassin dots are pitiful right now! and so is the overall damage!

BDs and Marks however, could probably use a rework. BD most certainly needs some sort of passive DPS increase, because it's terrible unless your target is hitting you, and even then it's lackluster when compared to NB. Marksmen is another adjustment that needs to be made very carefully. They're very mobile, so most likely you should increase damage and slightly

reduce mobility.

disagree again, their mobility is hardly as potent as ya would think. a warrior is in melee range in less then 2 GCD a healer heals tru the damage and since this is pvp what im saying here and trion wont cater to pvp lets talk pve. In pve a pure 51 MM 15 assassin (spec as example) if you attack a mob he will be near you even faster then the warrior in pvp even so since the root of MM breaks on damage and he has no real snares unless ya could the assassin melee one or the ranger crippling shot. so i would like an increase in mobility over a decrease.

Also, why are you even using backstab, unless it's for PvE? For PvP you shouldn't be relying on a positional attack, it's rare you will ever get anyones back

you dont use stuns?

You also can't implement every single buff you asked for, that'd be ridiculously OP.

arent pyros ridiculously op right now too? altough i agree that if they implement all its op but they are just ideas that would help the class out!

I can tell you right now, if I get the jump on anyone, no matter what class they are, I will win. Especially if I have slip away up.

This is pvp based and since again trion does not cater to pvp supposedly....altough i would love to see how ya kill a warlock chloro or a warrior paragon heck even any healer class. maybe im just really bad at pvp (im new to pvp) but i cant seem to do it rather then being lucky at killing them. im 50/50 if i get the jump on someone and i pick the hardest targets to practice.

For everyone worried about Pyromancers, just open w/ Jagged, Puncture, and Impale, then Slip Away. That combo will take him below 50% hp for sure, and most Pyros will panic and run out of GoS. If he does, re-open w/ Paralyzing and finish him. If he doesn't leave GoS, just wait out your bleeds and reapply them again once they wear off, you'll win. If you dont have slip away up, well...open with the same combo and then try and burst as hard as you can, you'll be fine. Assassin is about patience, and hit and run tactics. It's most definitely not a front-line fighter. Once you get into that mindset, Assassin becomes a very, very powerful class.

you know if ya slip away after applying yer dots he will drop out of combat and is able to drink to get health back up while standing in GOS? and i wasnt really worried about pyroes either those ussually die to me cause of the patience you described!

greetz styxxey

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nebmai View Post
    nb is very close to where it needs to be at least for pvp, yeah if you got 1/3rd of all the buffs you are asking for in here rogues would be op as f*ck
    again these are ideas that trion could implement not all of em needs to be implemented! just ideas.

Rift Chaser

Default Marksman

1. rollback the nerfs frmo beta 7
    2. make it so that every point in MM over 21 adds to incombat runspeed passively its a kiting class after all! and as of right now the class does not have the speed boosts or the snares / damage to finish mobs b4 taken heavy damage. it can be done but not viable compared to other classes! also make this stack with the bard buff and ranger buff.
    3. make the root unbreakeable unless tru a CC breaker (pvp reasons) and last longer or change it into a snare thats less potent then the ranger snare!
    4. make crossfire and the other AE abilties do physical damage instead of air damage we debuff AE physcial yet we cant really make use of it with other AEs? or change the debuff to magical debuffs......so that the airdamage hits harder.
    5. drop some of the abilities energy usage so we dont get energy starved while using hit and run combo.

Rift Chaser

Default ranger

1. make the weapon damage increase talent increase for 10% instead of 4....
    2. make bloodrage also affect our damage
    3. make rain of arrow targeteable at a target and non channeled like living flame
    4. increase improved trick shot from 15% to 30%
    5. drop the cooldown of conccusive blast from 30 secs to 15 secs
    6. make pets do more damage

Rift Chaser

Default riftstalker / sabo

i dont know enough of these two souls to give ideas someone else is prolly more qualified to do so. plz endulge yerself!

and again keep in mind these are just ideas that could be implemented. im sure trion wont implement all cause i bet that would make some rogue builds way too op just like pyroes really!

i just wanna play the class i love to play and this is be a sneaky rogue envisioned as a marksman or a sneaky assassin anything like that i like to play!

greetz styxxey

PS: hope people can pick off from what i wrote and think about it and actually comment on it plz with logical mindset

Stop energy starving us.
    Make attack power actually do something.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxey View Post
    [/B]

you know if ya slip away after applying yer dots he will drop out of combat and is able to drink to get health back up while standing in GOS? and i wasnt really worried about pyroes either those ussually die to me cause of the patience you described!

greetz styxxey
    So, you're saying that while he is in combat, say at codex, you can jump him, slip away, and then instead of continuing to fight for his life against whomever he may have been fighting or blasting earlier he'll stop to drink water? If only most players were that intelligent. If it's a skilled/intelligent pyro, he may stop to drink water, but it still takes 5-10 seconds to drop out of combat. In that time your dots have probably already dropped him to 75%. If thats the case, pop out and kill him, if not, then move on or wait for another chance. It's not a big deal.

How many screenshots do I need to post of myself being #1 dps as a sin? Cause I got a few.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast