+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bards after patch

Soulwalker

Default bards after patch

since the patch i seem to last about 3 seconds in pvp.cant even kill a lvl 11 when im lvl 18.
    nice work!

Soulwalker

Default Change Motifs to Laments

i think they should change Bard Motifs to Laments , because its really sad how the class has progressed so far. They really need to show the bards some love. just feel weak in general.

Soulwalker

I was on a free trial for the weekend and I bought the game because playing bard is so fun. I don't feel underpowered at all. My soloability is acceptable and my raid support is uncanny.

While I agree with you to a certain extent, people need to start thinking outside the box on bard builds to introduce both survivability and dps on top of the healing aspect

The commonly proposed addition of NB for dps might sound good, but it falls short of the mark in pvp due to the actual lack of base dps in the bard build to start with. Increasing cadence from 75 a tick to 8-90 a tick and wrath from 450 to 500 at the cost of 15 points - not viable IMO

Instead start looking at ways to improve your survivability and increase your dps through alternative attacks whenever possible, and save cadence for when you need it -

RS has the endo buff (which stacks with bard endo) , endo% increase and 6% dam reduc all for 13 points

Ranger has crippling shot, 5% crit or 5% extra endo and 6 % dam reduc + predatory instincts close to a 50 AP buff @ lvl 50 for 9 points. 3 extra points will get you a 100% effect bleed on quick shot, giving you a massive improvement on insta cast dps + bleed compared to stationary cadence. I actually prefer going all the way to 24 in ranger and getting a 50 pet, escape artist and other ranger tools to go with bard

Melee bard - 21 points into SIN on top the 13 RS and Bard will get you a solid perma stealth but fully raid capable healer
    Last edited by Carnagel; 04-02-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Safacon View Post
    I was on a free trial for the weekend and I bought the game because playing bard is so fun. I don't feel underpowered at all. My soloability is acceptable and my raid support is uncanny.
    w8 till you get 50 then you'll notice how useless they become

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bahizret View Post
    w8 till you get 50 then you'll notice how useless they become
    I dissagree from all rogue souls this is the most usefull soul in grouped pvp at the moment ,

still weak but capable of making the game turn becouse of the buffs and heals
    id like to see cadence scale better with stats

but my overal sur5ability is great

The spec im using is

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x.EIdVVcskqz.V

Im Blue geared about to get my first rank epic items and i am self buffed at 6.7k hp not bad,
    i can teleport in and out of battles pretty easy
    and my cadence just does a bit more damage with the NB soul.

Tobad riftwalkers guardian phase lowers damage done by 30% otherwise id take 18pts there id be at 8k ish hp then wich i think is what should be fair concidering howmuch damage we take.

Virtuoso is bards most importand skill in my opinion, shoot rif get 5 combo pts instand then spam coda of restoration, dont forget motif of grandeur and you will top the healing meters
    would be nice if there was a lower cooldown on virtuoso, its our 1 zomfg pwnage skill but 3 minutes is tomuch,
    2minutes at max maybe
    Last edited by Esxca; 04-02-2011 at 08:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread