+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue questions. Builds and in general

Telaran

Default Rogue questions. Builds and in general

I'm having some serious issues with my nb/sin. I am level 23 at the moment and I can't kill for crap in pvp and having some trouble in pve. I've bought two different roles with slightly different skillset for each. Am I suppose to be useless? Although, I do seem to get the most favors in pvp for my team. I can't help but feel I don't do enough damage to fill my purpose. I've lost to clerics, mages, warriors, everything but sins.

This was originally going to be my goal for pve
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....iIxMhqgMoc.Vo

pvp
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0VRfx0boz.xb0M

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I don't think that it's my rotation as I am landing absolutely everything but not dealing enough damage. My warrior/MM has done so much more for my team.

I believe those builds are pretty much common/decent.
    Am I suppose to be useless at this level? Stealth doesn't work in pvp, aoe being thrown everywhere. I die very quickly at any encounter because they outheal my dps or they simply have more dps.

Simply, I just need advice on rogues. Reroll a different soul? Continue to level up somehow? I'd like to stick to melee if possible but seeing a mm bhop made me miss mine.

Telaran

Bump for help.

Soulwalker

Little bit hard to say when we dont know how you play your rogue ect however at 23 i wouldnt worry about a pvp and a pve build as you should be able to do both as theres not much difference at that stage. The biggest boost i found at that level was when i respecced to get the 21 point perma stealth. Its gave me alot more time to pick the most effective target as u r not worry about getting into position within a short time frame and u can even pin point routes people will always go by and use this to plan an ambush. U may just want to pump out the most damage but when u can look at the post game stats and see u r near the top but wth no deaths its even more rewarding to me personally. I also found a better strategy at that level was to have a ranged and a stealth melee build and switch when appropriate.

Telaran

I'm not too concerned about the time I have during stealth. It's just whatever happens after I land a hit or get busted that I am asking about

Telaran

How do I pick out my weapons? Based on the amount of useful mods like dex and whatever? Or based on
    dps? or weapon damage?

+ Reply to Thread