+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 700+ DPS :: Boss Dummy, no buffs [nb/assassin w/rotation]

Soulwalker

Default 700+ DPS :: Boss Dummy, no buffs [nb/assassin w/rotation]

Hey all. I've been playing around with NB/Assassin since beta, and never really got on the sab wagon. After lots of playing around with builds, and a lot of hearing people complain about the nerfs, I figured I'd chime in with what I'm using. Hope it helps some of you anyhow:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...TMcc.0VRcxob.V

Here's a 2:30 min parse, with ability break-downs:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7258/dps1e.jpg

So yeah, first thing you might notice (or 2nd thing if you're perceptive) is that I prioritize Fiery Chains in my dps rotation. With 3/3 Enkindle, this is actually a single-target dps upgrade... even without the combo point. The other thing is, I'm using a crappy aggro-trinket for dps currently, since trinkets hate me and it's the first one I've gotten that actually "adds" damage. But it's okay... we actually have great tanks.

Basically... standard open with Dark Malady. Then 2 spikes, and I use this macro until 5pts:

#show Backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Backstab
    cast Fiery Spike

Finisher macro @ 5pts:

#show Blazing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

Then I use this to alternate 2pt abilities post-finisher:

#show Dusk Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Puncture

Then into the 1st macro... rinse repeat until 30% boss health, then pop Ebon Fury and spam Macro 3 / Finishers.

The 5 pts in Sab is up for debate. I like having access to Frag Bomb for extra aoe dps. Anyhow, in raids with 220 hit and some T2 gear, I've been able to pull upwards of 800-900 single-target dps depending on the fight:

(not my best, but the only one I had access to atm)
    http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6469/dps2z.jpg

EDIT: Don't take Dusk to Dawn ;P I was just experimenting with it. It's not bad for the few ranged occasions you might need it, but I'd drop it for 4/5 Heat Retention.
    Last edited by CrowneVict; 04-01-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: UPdate

Plane Walker

Cool story bro. Got any parses on some Boss fights? You know, some relevant numbers? Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I think we put too much stock in the practice dummys and not enough where it matters. Doesn't matter if you do 900 DPS on the dummy. If you can't do it on a boss fight then why should anyone care.

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    Cool story bro. Got any parses on some Boss fights? You know, some relevant numbers? Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I think we put too much stock in the practice dummys and not enough where it matters. Doesn't matter if you do 900 DPS on the dummy. If you can't do it on a boss fight then why should anyone care.
    Sad, but true.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Soulwalker

Actually, those blue things with lines under them are links to screen shots of my meters for the dummy and one for the Death Raid boss.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6469/dps2z.jpg <--- Luthas Darkblade, 3:50 min, single target.

To link it again. In case you missed it in my rotation talk.
    Last edited by CrowneVict; 04-01-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Soulwalker

Would it have been better if I labeled the thread 911.9 dps single target raid dps? I guess. But it won't let me change it now. So w/e. Some constructive feedback to go with my 'cool story' would be appreciated.

Rift Disciple

Great, now we know which soul will be nerfed in 1.2.

Plane Walker

I stand corrected. Thank you for posting that. I'm on a little crusade to get people to start doing this.

Soulwalker

I stand corrected. Thank you for posting that. I'm on a little crusade to get people to start doing this.
    No problem ;P

Thx for sharing your info.

I was on the sab-wagon until 1.1 and have been looking for a nb/sin setup with a little explanation.

It's a fun spec to have around.

Rift Disciple

5% crit is nice from lethal blades, have you considered using smoldering blades instead though? (the 30% bonus from NB tree would make it worthwhile)

I'd take 1 out of Fire and Death attunement (lose 1% damage) and put a 5th point into Heat Retention.
    Last edited by Nyah; 04-02-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
    5% crit is nice from lethal blades, have you considered using smoldering blades instead though? (the 30% bonus from NB tree would make it worthwhile)

I'd take 1 out of Fire and Death attunement (lose 1% damage) and put a 5th point into Heat Retention.
    I've tried 5/5 heat retention, and what I run into is that, with this build, you effectively get 5 combo pts in about 3 global CD's. Which means, you won't have the +30% finisher buff every finisher anyhow, since you're not using 5 globals to generate 5 pts. With that in mind, using 3/5 or 4/5 gives you +30% every other finisher, which is what you'd get with 5/5 anyhow.

As for Smoldering Blades, the damage is horrible currently... or at least it has been every time I've parsed it. I'm willing to try it again, of course, but it was giving me very sub-par numbers. Maybe it will be better now that I'm spec'd into 2/2 Improved enchants.
    Last edited by CrowneVict; 04-02-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by CrowneVict View Post
    #show Backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Backstab
    cast Fiery Spike
    Oops, should read:

#show Backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Backstab
    CAST SAVAGE STRIKE
    cast Fiery Spike

But you get the idea.

i'm curious as to why you didn't get scourge of darkness. i was under the impression that it was one of the better moves NB's had in pve. correct me if i'm wrong, as i'm not 100% sure on this.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Soull View Post
    i'm curious as to why you didn't get scourge of darkness. i was under the impression that it was one of the better moves NB's had in pve. correct me if i'm wrong, as i'm not 100% sure on this.
    Can't really correct you, since I haven't tested it in a raid environment first-hand. I use Blazing / Flame Thrust exclusively because it gives you a free combo pt and refreshes your Fiery Spike stack. But who knows. Worth testing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast