+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Razorbeast Charge

Roq
    Soulwalker

Default Razorbeast Charge

After patch 1.1, I think that the razorbeast no longer charges into battle, but instead takes a rather leisurely walk - has anyone else noticed a difference?

Haven't played much with pets, but one thing I can't find a way of doing is to make the pet defend at current location rather than charge off - that's useful for a lot of grinding, but in a rift or difficult area you sometimes don't want the pet to charge off and aggro other mobs and/or charge into the centre of a rift and die. Actually, you can do this with "stay", but it requires constant micro management, since otherwise the pet stays rooted to that spot forever - instead would be nice to have a way to make the pet defend your current location. I initially thought that putting the pet on defensive and pressing follow would do this, but it doesn't work that way.

lud
    Champion

Yeh i noticed it, he used to charge from 200 metres away sometimes i left him on stay and attacke something and he'd come flying accross the map. I was using it to pull a boss and notice his charge range was low.

Another subtle and unannounced nerf, then?

Shadowlander

I'm not sure about the differences to range of the charge since I didn't actually start using a pet until the day before 1.1 anyway, but Roq to get my pet to stay near me, I keep him on passive stance while I pull a mob (backpedaling if I need to) until it's closer to me, then put the pet on defend or deliberately tell him to attack my target (this literally only requires one more click than just letting the pet do it's own thing on "defend me mode") and it prevents it from aggroing at bad times.

I also tried warfronts last nite (my first time, only been playing the game a couple of days) and used passive/deliberate attack key more than the defend mode, in order to make sure the pet stuck to my preferred target. Worked very well for me. I know the pet does minimal damage but its a distraction and screws up tab-targeters pretty well for me, giving me precious seconds to stack combat points for a finisher. I found myself doing pretty well per match in the "favor gained" category that way, altho we lost the majority of the matches that nite....for other lack of coordination/focus fire reasons :P

To go along with the charge range not being as large as it was, I also noticed pathing has gotten worse for our pets as well. My Greater Razorbeast use to fly across rivers, canyons, etc head on into the enemy. Now it seems to think that it should run off about a hundred yards and then circle around behind the mob before it decides to attack. If the mob moves to far my Razorbeast will sometimes double back on me and go at it from a different angle... Might just be an issue with Scarwood though as I have seen some mobs make some funky pathing choices there.
    Warp

+ Reply to Thread