+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: As a melee rogue I demand an equivalent ability to GOS

Default As a melee rogue I demand an equivalent ability to GOS

Ground of Strength - 44 point pyromancer ability. 30% damage reduction, complete CC immunity, 30% chance to stun target with each spell cast, and if it's picked up off of the ground they get a damage shield and the next GOS becomes instant cast granting them nearly 100% uptime of the buff.

Now lets compare that to what the melee rogues get as 44 point root abilities.

Nightblades get Blackout - a 6 second immunity to all damage on a 2 minute cooldown. Clearly useful but I think its safe to say pales in comparison to the OP'ness of GOS.

Assassins get Poison Gas - a 6 second area confuse on a 30 second cooldown. Again useful but doesn't have the effect on the battlefield that an un CC'able and un damageable cannon class does.

Bladedancers get untangle - a CC breaker that grants an 8 second CC immunity on a 2 min cooldown. Yep, pretty certain that GOS trumps all here too by a considerable margin.

Infact, is there a single other 44 point ability in the entire game that offers the type of combat effectiveness that mages get from GOS? I doubt it.

But thats cool I mean if the "genius" braintrust over at Trion actually think it's a good idea to make mages into undamageable and unCC'abe killing machines that require no skill to play beyond standing in 1 spot for the duration of a battle while casting the same OP spells over and over without the threat of death then why would they be opposed to more class destroying abilities? I mean clearly the "glass" part of "glass cannon" isn't key to Trions vision for mages, and since we already know that stealth isn't exactly their vision for rogues either then lets start proposing some ideas for rogues that fit into what Trion thinks balance is.

So for rogues I propose that at 44 points we get some kind of a cage. It could be like 5m by 5m, and when we're in it we're immune to all damage from anybody outside of the cage, can randomly teleport 1 person at a time into the cage with us, once that person is in the cage with us we're immune to CC and get a 30% chance on every attack to stun them. Oh, and upon the odd chance that we have to move the cage we get a damage shield so that we don't die before we get to put it back down again in the new spot.

/sarcasm
    Last edited by Smashapotamus; 04-01-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    Briarcliff * Defiant

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Smashapotamus View Post
    Ground of Strength - 44 point pyromancer ability. 30% damage reduction, complete CC immunity, 30% chance to stun target with each spell cast, and if it's picked up off of the ground they get a damage shield and the next GOS becomes instant cast granting them nearly 100% uptime of the buff.

Now lets compare that to what the melee rogues get as 44 point root abilities.

Nightblades get Blackout - a 6 second immunity to all damage on a 2 minute cooldown. Clearly useful but I think its safe to say pales in comparison to the OP'ness of GOS.

Assassins get Poison Gas - a 6 second area confuse on a 30 second cooldown. Again useful but doesn't have the effect on the battlefield that an un CC'able and un damageable cannon class does.

Bladedancers get untangle - a CC breaker that grants an 8 second CC immunity on a 2 min cooldown. Yep, pretty certain that GOS trumps all here too by a considerable margin.

Infact, is there a single other 44 point ability in the entire game that offers the type of combat effectiveness that mages get from GOS? I doubt it.

But thats cool I mean if the "genius" braintrust over at Trion actually think it's a good idea to make mages into undamageable and unCC'abe killing machines that require no skill to play beyond standing in 1 spot for the duration of a battle while casting the same OP spells over and over without the threat of death then why would they be opposed to more class destroying abilities? I mean clearly the "glass" part of "glass cannon" isn't key to Trions vision for mages, and since we already know that stealth isn't exactly their vision for rogues either then lets start proposing some ideas for rogues that fit into what Trion thinks balance is.

So for rogues I propose that at 44 points we get some kind of a cage. It could be like 5m by 5m, and when we're in it we're immune to all damage from anybody outside of the cage, can randomly teleport 1 person at a time into the cage with us, once that person is in the cage with us we're immune to CC and get a 30% chance on every attack to stun them. Oh, and upon the odd chance that we have to move the cage we get a damage shield so that we don't die before we get to put it back down again in the new spot.

/sarcasm

+1
    Well thought out post.

/agree

Telaran

That cage move would be so awesome lol, If only..

Rift Chaser

I'd like to see an ability that let us use all our skill at a range of 0-60 meters. Backstabs from 60 meters away lawlz!
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

Last edited by Banthaz; 04-01-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Champion

As someone posted before, it's ridiculous to give that much bonus without giving up something.

For example, the first ground skill Pyros get increases their damage by 10%, but it also increases the damage they receive by 10%. So it's of situational use, and there's a trade off to be made by using it.

With Ground of Strength, for some reason they didn't give that skill a tradeoff. It's just increases their everything. There is no disadvantage to using it or standing there. "Oh, but we don't get to move while we're standing in it." Oh my god, a ranged class concerned that someone might run out of range?

It still amazes me how GoS didn't get nerfed by the last patch. Like... absolutely ridiculous.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

I approve this thread
    True mastery is to feel the flames of your passion, to dance with the fire, to live in it, to fully embrace the primal forces of destruction and creation, and not be burned to a cinder, to survive and prosper because you loved the flame, used the flame, but did not allow yourself to be consumed by it.

Soulwalker

i have always played bard/rift but after 1,1 it s a very hard play a rogue, ok this game is balanced for pve but this damn class sucks even in pve! it s good only for tanking, bard in pve? are u creazy? dps? better mage or warrior!
    I have chose rogue because i love classes stealther/dps but in this game rogue sucks in all, i have deleted my sub after patch 1.1, this is a beta game, and I do not like give my money to trion for a serius unbalanced classes pve/pvp

Telaran

Good post, don't know why you added the /sarcasm. It's no more ridiculous than GOS is. I wonder who had the bright idea to put this into the game? Oh we don't have to wonder, it's the same people who ruined WAR. Give us our cage.

Plane Touched

I will only approve of the cage, if it transform our toons to have huge silly looking punching gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post
    Rad.

/10chars

Shadowlander

You come from an assumption that people in Trion actually think. Which has been proven wrong, i mean half brained monkey wouldn't approve this patch to go live. Either they don't play the game or they play mages and want them to be buffed, so that means this game is "designed" by bunch of kinds. This was the worst patch in my almost 12 year history with MMOs hands down.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    You come from an assumption that people in Trion actually think. Which has been proven wrong, i mean half brained monkey wouldn't approve this patch to go live. Either they don't play the game or they play mages and want them to be buffed, so that means this game is "designed" by bunch of kinds. This was the worst patch in my almost 12 year history with MMOs hands down.

Um no.

They messed up on the mages, but the other nerfs were greatly appreciated, as someone who had 2 of the classes that got hit hard .

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Miestro View Post
    Um no.

They messed up on the mages, but the other nerfs were greatly appreciated, as someone who had 2 of the classes that got hit hard .
    What? I was grouping with Mages before in T2 and they outdpsed us even in our "IMBA" 5 types of charges Saboteur PvE spec easily (except for aoe) and now they do even more damage and all we can do is type /cheer all over again so we atleast do some morale support.

What are you smoking? I want some

I actually spent my last 150 plaques to get some tank gear so i am viable as a tank although getting a group as a tank is hard since firstly there are enough well equiped tanks already and secondly other rogues do the same.

LOL

i wholeheartedly approve this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Smashapotamus View Post
    <3 this^^
    Seriously though, its no more ******ed of an idea than the current GoS. I mean pick one---30% dmg reduction or un-cc'able, can't have both (unless they put a -30-50% dmg debuff on the caster. then i would say far trade.)

and i loved the pic. LoL. So true....so true...
    Better to be quiet and let people think you're a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast