+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So rogues pretty much useless?

Shadowlander

Default So rogues pretty much useless?

Is that true were basically dps now? I keep reading riftstalket is the worse tank due to that 30% to 6% healing and bards are just easily replaced by chloro/archon.

you are being generous to call rogues dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
    you are being generous to call rogues dps.
    ^ LOL 450 DPS in T1 gear have to break a sweat to hit 500 while our damn cleric going DPS hits 700 lol and he does not know what hes doing

Whatever happened to counter classes? I expect a mage to dish out massive damage, but in turn I expect to be able to tear them up at melee range. One of the biggest problems in recent MMORPG's is the amount of effort put into spellcasters, whilst melee classes feel poorly thought out and unsatisfying.

Plane Touched

Boy I tell you what, my rogue/assassin in Dungeons and Dragons can man up compared to virtual rogues in todays world. What happen to this class over the years? *gets a single tear, pours out a 40 oz or a bottle of rum or what ever it is they do*

Quote Originally Posted by Wifeagro View Post
    ^ LOL 450 DPS in T1 gear have to break a sweat to hit 500 while our damn cleric going DPS hits 700 lol and he does not know what hes doing
    Yep, I have a 50 cleric and 50 rogue and my dps on cleric is higher and easier than on rogue. I wanted to play a ranged rogue but they are just pathetic. So now the rogue is relegated to being a bard alt while a level yet another class.

Plane Touched

I dont know if I believe it yet or not, but I have seen a number of posts on people thinking Sabs were dropped down to balanced levels of other rogue DPS, so that the calling all at once can be raised up. Makes sense, but im still not sure if this is something they actually intend. Just a thought.

Rift Disciple

Thread title = No.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggerr le Vaurien View Post
    ...What happen to this class over the years? *gets a single tear, pours out a 40 oz or a bottle of rum or what ever it is they do*
    Son, you don't pour out a 40oz unless you is a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
    Yep, I have a 50 cleric and 50 rogue and my dps on cleric is higher and easier than on rogue. I wanted to play a ranged rogue but they are just pathetic. So now the rogue is relegated to being a bard alt while a level yet another class.
    and this friggin sucks im pretty pissed , not sure i want to go through all the content i just did to lvl another class. 14 lvls into cleric and now i feel like im grinding .

Rift Disciple

I dont know if I believe it yet or not, but I have seen a number of posts on people thinking Sabs were dropped down to balanced levels of other rogue DPS, so that the calling all at once can be raised up. Makes sense, but im still not sure if this is something they actually intend. Just a thought.
    Hopefully that's the case, but how long will that take? Patch 1.1 basically took a month (5 weeks counting headstart). If Patch 1.2 doesn't come out until May, how many rogues are gonna be left to appreciate the changes?

We should not be the lowest DPS out of all the base classes, we should be small nothch behind Mages. clerics and warrior DPS should be medicore not chart topping they have a job and it shouldnt be DSP

Plane Touched

I wasn't saying were should be the lowest DPS, if that is what you are implying by quoting me. I was just stating that I don't know if the plan to nerf sabs to raise the entire class is what they intend to do. I am sure there will be some bumps for rogues over time, just possibly not all at once. Would be nice though. Either way, I am fairly content with my assassin so far, but I dont PvP often, and I have a group of friends to dungeon with so I dont have the "Your a rogue? And you want to be our DPS? LOL!!!!1!!1one!!" type situations.

I can see how the way I stated this can be confusing, but basically I am saying people think that sabs were brought down to other rogue DPS levels in order to bring the entire class up at once. In other words, the sab nerf is only temporary until they impliment a complete rogue class overhaul. And I am just not sure if thats what was intended or not, but I see a lot of posts from people that believe that it is intented.
    Last edited by Daggerr le Vaurien; 04-01-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazed59 View Post
    Hopefully that's the case, but how long will that take? Patch 1.1 basically took a month (5 weeks counting headstart). If Patch 1.2 doesn't come out until May, how many rogues are gonna be left to appreciate the changes?
    that is the multimillion $$ question..... as much as i liked the game pre 1.1 i'm actually even on the fence atm the nerf was so bad. anyone who isn't mad isn't a rogue and if they are then they are melee sins cause atm that is the only role left and possibly a few decent nb specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko View Post
    Is that true were basically dps now? I keep reading riftstalket is the worse tank due to that 30% to 6% healing and bards are just easily replaced by chloro/archon.
    Haters gonna hate.

Riftstalker is as good as any other tank build: better in some ways and worse in others. Overall very viable with a couple of annoyances.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast