+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stealth FIX incoming

Default Stealth FIX incoming

Devs post

[There was a bug that was introduced around the 17th March that could result in mobs being unable to detect stealthed players. This bug was fixed in 1.1; so Stealth is once again working as it did at release and in Beta. However were still not entirely happy with how it is right now, and we plan to make further adjustments to the detection rules for stealth players vs. both NPCs and players to reduce detection range i.e. itll be easier to use stealth. These adjustments are currently in progress and we hope to have them patched soon.]

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis View Post
    Devs post

[There was a bug that was introduced around the 17th March that could result in mobs being unable to detect stealthed players. This bug was fixed in 1.1; so Stealth is once again working as it did at release and in Beta. However were still not entirely happy with how it is right now, and we plan to make further adjustments to the detection rules for stealth players vs. both NPCs and players to reduce detection range i.e. itll be easier to use stealth. These adjustments are currently in progress and we hope to have them patched soon.]
    Good news - can't tell you how many people were wondering what was up with their stealth after the patch.

Plane Touched

Before the patch, I was extremely disappointed with stealth as it was so ridiculously easy to move around that even ?? mobs couldn't see me as I was standing right on them. After this patch though, I was initially excited about the need to be careful again, but the detection was far too sensitive. We were running a friend through a lower dungeon the other night and mobs 15 levels lower than me were acting as if they were several levels higher than me. It was frustrating as just being able to get in and apply CC and setup an opener required lighting fast reflexes or the mob you opened up on would turn and break your stealth. It needs a bit of tweaking, that's for sure.

You shouldn't be able to stand around mobs of equal or a few levels higher for very long, but you should be able to move in and through quickly and carefully without it being a wack a mole contest.
    Last edited by nomander; 03-31-2011 at 04:59 AM.

Plane Touched

Elusiveness is also broken. Stealth is the same whether you use Elusiveness or not.

Tested extensively in the last 30 minutes with and without this skill.

Mobs will see you in stealth during that 5 seconds it is active.
    Last edited by voidtek1969; 03-31-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Ummm, to me that reads like, stealth will be further nerfed, however, we will make it easier for you to enter stealth.

Correct me if I am wrong, but whats the point of being able to more easily enter Stealth mode if mobs will just knock you back out of it more easily? huh?!?!?!

who cares rogues are useless anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhboy123 View Post
    Odd, very odd!

LOL Almost true

As much as I hate this statement, it's true ;)

Rift Disciple

I care actually... As somebody really enjoying playing their Rogue I was finding the current bug with stealth really annoying.

Thanks OP for the info, it's much appreciated. You're just going to have to ignore the petulant emo teens.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    Ummm, to me that reads like, stealth will be further nerfed, however, we will make it easier for you to enter stealth.

Correct me if I am wrong, but whats the point of being able to more easily enter Stealth mode if mobs will just knock you back out of it more easily? huh?!?!?!
    I guess enetering in stealth more easily is a need for the PVP part of the game that is growing very fast in response to what comunity look for.
    While if mob detect you they automatically turn toward you this doesn't apply to player that even if can detect you doesn't mean they see you, target you and hit you.

Plane Touched

The problem with Stealth currently(well, all along really), is Trion is trying to make it both an aggro range reducer(PvE) as well as viable for PvP.

In my opinion, if an Assassin is going to spend all the points towards Stealth abilities as opposed to some other Rogue with the basic 4 pointer, then Assassins should get a cream of the crop Stealth, not a 21 pointer that screams "I just needlessly wasted points on a permanent Stealth that gets detected just the same as the 4 pointer Basic one w/ or w/o Elusiveness"

"Permanent" Stealth which is only permanent when you are all by yourself with no mobs or players around is quite useless. Even then, it's not actually permanent, as Stealth still breaks for no reason. Perhaps the wind was blowing too hard. Trion should consult with the Klingons on how to fix this ability.
    Last edited by voidtek1969; 03-31-2011 at 06:42 AM.

I hope they fix this quickly so they can get back to the important work of fixing rogues themselves.

Shadowlander

lol I actually sent a petition after the patch yesterday because I thought I found a bug.

Even when I use Slip Away mobs aggro me from everywhere.

I don't see why they needed to change Stealth anyway.
    Mobs that are higher than you should of course detect you easier but what did I spend two points in Silent Steps for??

Mobs of same level or below shouldn't detect me, period.
    And yes, Elusiveness is just as useless ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis View Post
    Devs post

Source? I don't see that quote in the dev tracker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast