+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lets talk about Defer Death. (Riftstalkers. @ 50.)

Shield of Telara

Default Lets talk about Defer Death. (Riftstalkers. @ 50.)

Defer Death.
    Postpones all damage taken for the next 10 seconds, at the end of that time you receive ALLLLL that damage you postponed.

Issues.
    1 - It likes to one shots you.
    2 - When it doesn't one shot you, it normally comes really close to one shotting you.
    3 - Its "Area of great time to use it!" is EXTREMELY niche.

Points of discussion concerning solutions.
    1 - L2P just click it off once you got some heals!
    2 - Have it only do up to certain % of your max health at the end of the 10 seconds. (Like 75% max. Or what not.)
    3 - Have it reduce damage taken while its active.
    4 - Have it make an emote like "Dear Healer, Your tank hates you and is about to get himself one shot. Thanks for letting a riftstalker tank for you!"
    5 - Let the 51pt riftstalker ability immunity to work against defer death.

Thanks for reading.

Rift Chaser

I think it is meant to be difficult to use.

I actually like the skill.

When i use it with my tank spec, which i dont use very often, ive found popping scatter shadows while its active or even planar refuge after scatter shadows while its up buys me enough reduced dmg at the end of the 10 seconds that i dont die. So i use it when im about to die and the cleric needs time to heal me. Pop the other 2 during its duration and you survived death being invincible for 10 seconds saving a wipe.

Though ive never tanked T1s with it so im not sure it would go down well there ;x

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nadger View Post
    When i use it with my tank spec, which i dont use very often, ive found popping scatter shadows while its active or even planar refuge after scatter shadows while its up buys me enough reduced dmg at the end of the 10 seconds that i dont die. So i use it when im about to die and the cleric needs time to heal me. Pop the other 2 during its duration and you survived death being invincible for 10 seconds saving a wipe.

Though ive never tanked T1s with it so im not sure it would go down well there ;x
    I've used it in T2's.

You just have to know when to use it (very tricky)

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Make a macro to cancel it, as opposed to clicking it off. Although personally I haven't actually created a macro for it myself, yet.

It's definitely saved me a few times in various dungeons and encounters up to and including T2.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 03-31-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

+ Reply to Thread