+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saboteur Bladedancer Assassin 500+ DPS (with T0 gear)

Default Saboteur Bladedancer Assassin 500+ DPS (with T0 gear)

Ive been playing a sab since level 1, and not because it was the best DPS, i had no idea at the time. I just liked the playstyle a lot. So the nerf hit me hard, i expiermented with other specs but i didn't have as much fun playing the game. I wanted my Sab build back. So I started to examine why my single target DPS sucked (aside from the nerf of course) and found i was very energy starved and nothing packed enough punch. So how do I add more punch to them, and how do i get more energy to blow? More Dex, More Crit, and more energy!

So that line of thought led me to the Bladedancer.

Here is the spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Eb0k0z.0VMcxcb

Basically my key assets from this build is as follows:
    +30% Dex
    +40 Dex Buff
    +4% Physical Damage
    +50% autoattack damage
    +10% Damage buff when I crit
    +15% Poision damage for charges & blade coatings
    +20% Crit Damage
    Crits Cause Bleed for weapon damage
    +10% Crit between assassin talent and Bladedancer finisher
    15 energy refunded on finishers
    +5% chance to hit - helps on boss encounters of course.
    Annihilation Bomb + Demo specalist allows me to keep +5% crit to raid up

My rotation is as follows
    Expose Weakness ->Spike Charge x5 -> Annihilation Bomb -> Dauntless Strike ->Barbed Trap
    Blast Charge x5 -> Expose Weakness -> Detonate
    Spike Charge x5 -> Expose Weakness -> Detonate -> Barbed Trap
    Refresh Dauntless strike with annihilation bomb when its low.

Now i have yet to experiment weaving in say Final Blow in between Dauntless Strike, or Doing a stack of Splinter Charges, or Using Poison Malice or 4x spike 1x blast in place of 5x spike etc.

I was quite suprised by the dps i was able to put out on a single target. When i ended combat it was actually at 520ish but the dots kept ticking afterwards and dropped the DPS lower.

Now my gear is pretty horrible, Level 50 normal dungeon weapons, crafted chest, T1 legs and gloves, Crafted Helm, Cairn drop shoulders. And i dont even have my full slot planar focus fully slotted yet so im still using my crappy low level one. Now this will scale very well due to the % based increase to dex, If i can pull off sustained 520ish dps with this gear I am very interested to see what you guys can do. And if you can figure out a better rotation.

Proof:
    http://i.imgur.com/PjGM2.jpg

Downsides to the spec is it is melee heavy so i have to be in there to get full dps, but it can go ranged being a sab and still do okay.
    All in all im happy with the spec. Its fun, it allows me to keep playing a sab, even if I am doing chloromancer damage =p

Default Possible silly question

Quote Originally Posted by Nadger View Post
    Ive been playing a sab since level 1, and not because it was the best DPS, i had no idea at the time. I just liked the playstyle a lot. So the nerf hit me hard, i expiermented with other specs but i didn't have as much fun playing the game. I wanted my Sab build back. So I started to examine why my single target DPS sucked (aside from the nerf of course) and found i was very energy starved and nothing packed enough punch. So how do I add more punch to them, and how do i get more energy to blow? More Dex, More Crit, and more energy!

So that line of thought led me to the Bladedancer.

Here is the spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Eb0k0z.0VMcxcb

Basically my key assets from this build is as follows:
    +30% Dex
    +40 Dex Buff
    +4% Physical Damage
    +50% autoattack damage
    +10% Damage buff when I crit
    +15% Poision damage for charges & blade coatings
    +20% Crit Damage
    Crits Cause Bleed for weapon damage
    +10% Crit between assassin talent and Bladedancer finisher
    15 energy refunded on finishers
    +5% chance to hit - helps on boss encounters of course.
    Annihilation Bomb + Demo specalist allows me to keep +5% crit to raid up

My rotation is as follows
    Expose Weakness ->Spike Charge x5 -> Annihilation Bomb -> Dauntless Strike ->Barbed Trap
    Blast Charge x5 -> Expose Weakness -> Detonate
    Spike Charge x5 -> Expose Weakness -> Detonate -> Barbed Trap
    Refresh Dauntless strike with annihilation bomb when its low.

Now i have yet to experiment weaving in say Final Blow in between Dauntless Strike, or Doing a stack of Splinter Charges, or Using Poison Malice or 4x spike 1x blast in place of 5x spike etc.

I was quite suprised by the dps i was able to put out on a single target. When i ended combat it was actually at 520ish but the dots kept ticking afterwards and dropped the DPS lower.

Now my gear is pretty horrible, Level 50 normal dungeon weapons, crafted chest, T1 legs and gloves, Crafted Helm, Cairn drop shoulders. And i dont even have my full slot planar focus fully slotted yet so im still using my crappy low level one. Now this will scale very well due to the % based increase to dex, If i can pull off sustained 520ish dps with this gear I am very interested to see what you guys can do. And if you can figure out a better rotation.

Proof:
    http://i.imgur.com/PjGM2.jpg

Downsides to the spec is it is melee heavy so i have to be in there to get full dps, but it can go ranged being a sab and still do okay.
    All in all im happy with the spec. Its fun, it allows me to keep playing a sab, even if I am doing chloromancer damage =p
    This may be a silly question, so I apologize in advance, but how does Annihilation Bomb + Demo specalist help you keep +5% crit to raid up? I'm sure i'm just missing something in the spec from being exausted...

Other then that, I really appreciate you taking the time to find a decent Sab spec for PvE! I've been playing Sab from the start just because I enjoyed it and was extremely dissapointed when the patch came out today, so i'm excited to see how this may work out for me.

Banned

500+ DPS isnt something you make a thread over.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 03-30-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lumenatra View Post
    This may be a silly question, so I apologize in advance, but how does Annihilation Bomb + Demo specalist help you keep +5% crit to raid up? I'm sure i'm just missing something in the spec from being exausted...

Other then that, I really appreciate you taking the time to find a decent Sab spec for PvE! I've been playing Sab from the start just because I enjoyed it and was extremely dissapointed when the patch came out today, so i'm excited to see how this may work out for me.
    The bladedancer finisher dauntless strike adds 5% chance to crit to the raid. However since its a finisher and you dont want to give up the dps of your charges, you use annihilation bomb to detonate your charges, leaving you with 5 combo points to spend on dauntless strike or a different finisher.

This spec is mainly intended as T1 running fighting bosses single target dps. I use a different sab build for aoe trash clearing and a riftstalker nb sab build for solo dailies. Those two are still okay for me, its just the longer single target fights that my dps was around 340ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    thats why i prefaced it with T0 gear. With my horrid gear and the old spec/rotation i was only able to do about 380 dps to bosses in T1

And im asking someone with decent gear to give the spec a try and post their numbers

The bladedancer finisher dauntless strike adds 5% chance to crit to the raid. However since its a finisher and you dont want to give up the dps of your charges, you use annihilation bomb to detonate your charges, leaving you with 5 combo points to spend on dauntless strike or a different finisher.

This spec is mainly intended as T1 running fighting bosses single target dps. I use a different sab build for aoe trash clearing and a riftstalker nb sab build for solo dailies. Those two are still okay for me, its just the longer single target fights that my dps was around 340ish.
    Oh! For some reason I completely overlooked that was a finisher. My mistake. >.> Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    It is now.
    Briarqueue

Telaran

thats why i prefaced it with T0 gear. With my horrid gear and the old spec/rotation i was only able to do about 380 dps to bosses in T1

And im asking someone with decent gear to give the spec a try and post their numbers
    And you'd probably be pushing near the same numbers with just your weapon equipped and running around nude. Gear, beyond weapons, scale awfully for rogues.

i fiddled around with the spec a little bit and moved some points around for more overall damage
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Ebxk0M.0VMcx0b
    mostly just some points around to do more bomb damage because the poison damage just didnt seem as though it would offer as much as 15% bomb damage increase
    Last edited by Tikiru; 03-30-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    And then i told him, "Thats not a Rift, thats my wife!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mondays View Post
    It is now.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    And you'd probably be pushing near the same numbers with just your weapon equipped and running around nude. Gear, beyond weapons, scale awfully for rogues.
    This build would benefit a lot from dex gear due to the +30% to dex. And yeah my weapons are 20.8 dps axes with a 35-65 dmg spread...=/
    Quote Originally Posted by lumenatra View Post
    Oh! For some reason I completely overlooked that was a finisher. My mistake. >.> Thanks again!
    np
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikiru View Post
    i fiddled around with the spec a little bit and moved some points around for more overall damage
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Ebxk0M.0VMcx0b
    mostly just some points around to do more bomb damage because the poison damage just didnt seem as though it would offer as much as 15% bomb damage increase
    It would if +15% poison dmg only applied to the poison coatings. But since our charges are considered poison, the charges also gain +15% dmg. So in this case you would be trading 15% extra dmg to charges for 15% extra dmg to the 1 annihilation bomb you throw every 50 seconds or so hehe.

im gonna have to check that out, i mean i know they show up as a poison debuff but at the same time dont do poison damage lol

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Ebxk0M.0VMcxcb i took the points to get 15 energy back with a finisher and put that into the poison buff talents and really only seeing like a 20 or so increase in damage per blast charge with expose weakness on

yeah its odd, +physical and +poison dmg adds to them, but they only deal physical dmg not water like poison does.

Lets hope they dont "fix" that too.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Ebxk0M.0VMcxcb i took the points to get 15 energy back with a finisher and put that into the poison buff talents and really only seeing like a 20 or so increase in damage per blast charge with expose weakness on
    with just level 50 instance blues/greens with expose weakness on when i det 5 blast charges they hit roughly about 260 or so and crit for almost 500 a piece, and spike charge bleeds for about 500 a tick

I seem to remmeber it helping more than that when i tested it before, but that was prior to 1.1, i would assume separating our charges into their own dmg per charge is lowering the amount because 15% of 220 isnt much but 15% of 1800 is a lot.

Im freaking broke now though, so ill have to get more money before i can test with and without poison increase. over 2.5 mins or so to see what the dps diff is.

EDIT:
    The downside to your spec is, it would be better for aoe but less dmg on bosses. 15% bomb dmg does not add up to much since bombs are not that useful against a single enemy. Also you gave up the 5% to crit buff which would lower your dps over time, as well as the raid/groups.

I plan to use a different spec to do aoe dmg and just switch to this one before t1/t2 bosses.
    Last edited by Nadger; 03-31-2011 at 12:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast