+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is everyone complaining? Sab is a faceroll spec!

Shadowlander

Default Why is everyone complaining? Sab is a faceroll spec!

By faceroll spec, I do of course mean that sabs in 1.1 can, quite literally, be played with your face. Keybind 1-5, Q-T, A-G, Z-B to spike charge. Keybind 6-0, Y-P, H-;, N-/ to shrapnel charge. Keybind Spacebar to detonate.

The rotation:

Mash your forehead on the left side of your keyboard 5 times.
    Lick Spacebar
    Mash your forehead on the right side of your keyboard 5 times.
    Lick Spacebar.

This achieved a 5 min parse on the boss combat dummy of 633dps with a 31 Sab/15 NB/20 Sin spec.
    It even has dungeon/raid benefits too, you can still move/target using mouse with your right hand, leaving your left hand free to do... anything!

So, all you people saying 1.1 wrecked the class, stop complaining and thanks Trion for the freedom they've granted to your left hand. To Trion, I just want to say, thank you. Your masterful game design team has fixed the PvP burst problem with sabs in a very elegant and well thought out way, I salute you!!

Telaran

Nobody cares that sab was nerfed.

What we do care about is having a competitive soul versus the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikai View Post
    I salute you!!
    with free left hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Raikai View Post
    By faceroll spec, I do of course mean that sabs in 1.1 can, quite literally, be played with your face. Keybind 1-5, Q-T, A-G, Z-B to spike charge. Keybind 6-0, Y-P, H-;, N-/ to shrapnel charge. Keybind Spacebar to detonate.

The rotation:

Mash your forehead on the left side of your keyboard 5 times.
    Lick Spacebar
    Mash your forehead on the right side of your keyboard 5 times.
    Lick Spacebar.

This achieved a 5 min parse on the boss combat dummy of 633dps with a 31 Sab/15 NB/20 Sin spec.
    It even has dungeon/raid benefits too, you can still move/target using mouse with your right hand, leaving your left hand free to do... anything!

So, all you people saying 1.1 wrecked the class, stop complaining and thanks Trion for the freedom they've granted to your left hand. To Trion, I just want to say, thank you. Your masterful game design team has fixed the PvP burst problem with sabs in a very elegant and well thought out way, I salute you!!

wish we had a Thumbs up button cuz that sh*t right there was hilarious!

lud
    Champion

hah good one, but 630 dps was pre patch.

Rift Chaser

Ahaha nice, will try this when I get home!

Also heres a thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lud View Post
    hah good one, but 630 dps was pre patch.
    If you weren't doing 900+ in raid pre-patch then you're doing it wrong.

Telaran

lol ive tried this and its great.... slight loss in overall dps but having hands free to punch myself in the back of the head is a great improvement.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    If you weren't doing 900+ in raid pre-patch then you're doing it wrong.
    Im not sure if its you saying you are doing it wrong over and over in many posts as a standard reply.. but as we are post nerf now, what was the doing it right rotation. I never got to raid pre patch so was curious as to what the rotation was and how many targets.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Efour View Post
    Im not sure if its you saying you are doing it wrong over and over in many posts as a standard reply.. but as we are post nerf now, what was the doing it right rotation. I never got to raid pre patch so was curious as to what the rotation was and how many targets.
    If you were geared for T2s my guildy managed to reach about 1000 DPS on single target rotation.

You probably just weren't geared.

im using the exact same specs as every other sabo did, i could get to 850dps in t2 gear on dummy sure, but in a expert run there are so many situations that brings down your dps, such as melee unfriendly bosses etc. atleast i couldnt get the same results in dungeons
    Last edited by Selo; 03-31-2011 at 08:06 AM.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Selo View Post
    im using the exact same specs as every other sabo did, i could get to 850dps in t2 gear on dummy sure, but in a expert run there are so many situations that brings down your dps, such as melee unfriendly bosses etc. atleast i couldnt get the same results in dungeons
    No we literally ran the parser in the instance (Not on a dummy). He was using a spec I made that had horrible AoE but maximized Single target DPS. That's all it was good for single target. When we ran the parser he achieved I think 950 DPS. The other sab in our group (With more utility then him of course) achieved about 820. This was a build that had no AoE though and was only good for single targets. I'm sure if they both had an AoE fight the other sab would have won hands down.

This was before the nerf of course.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 03-31-2011 at 08:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread