Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dear Trion

Soulwalker

Default Dear Trion

Rogues aren't broken like these QQers on the forums say

I just got done rolling through a couple of T2s with 3 rogues/war/cleric. We rocked them all and aren't fully geared. In fact, our healer hit 50 3 or 4 days ago.

In PvP, I do fine. I am only Prestige 2, but generally, I can take down a single target relatively well depending upon if the target gets outside heals. My spec is Sin/BD/inf and I can keep the target CCed for the entire fight as long as they are not immune.

I feel assassins and possibly ranged specs could use a slight buff, but other than that, rogues are fine.

You made a good game Trion. Keep balancing it and adding content and you will keep my subscription
    Last edited by cone0; 03-30-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Champion

If your party had 3 Rogues, it meant they couldn't find 3 Mages.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Shadowlander

As mainly an assassin here's my experience:

I accept that my dps is rather crappy in both PVP and PVE,
    I also accept it that my survivability is mostly laughable in both as well.
    I am okay with that because i can pick and choose who and when to attack because i have stealth.

Now though with stealth severily reduced, i feel like my character is both useless and helpless.

Me and a guildmate were toying around with mobs, she was aggroing - i was (supposed to) catch them
    mid-run and paralyze, which would have been awesome if they were not insta-detecting (and de-stealthing)
    me no matter which direction i came from thereby nullifying my stealth-dependent attacks.

Point is, the only factor mitigating a melee rogue's other inadequacies has been taken away.

p.s. yes sabo was overpowered, i never played as one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostcolony View Post
    I'm in T1 and T2 gear. I've completed every dungeon but CC and DD (never seem to be around when the guild is doing those two), multiple times for most of them. Numbers are pretty damn important.

Troll harder.
    Not standing in fire is generally more important than numbers. Most of the "DPS checks" require everyone to just target the mob and continue what they're doing, not really blow up with CDs or anything so specialized. And if mana is an issue... get better Tanks/Healers or stop standing in fire or both.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    As mainly an assassin here's my experience:

I accept that my dps is rather crappy in both PVP and PVE,
    I also accept it that my survivability is mostly laughable in both as well.
    I am okay with that because i can pick and choose who and when to attack because i have stealth.

Now though with stealth severily reduced, i feel like my character is both useless and helpless.

Me and a guildmate were toying around with mobs, she was aggroing - i was (supposed to) catch them
    mid-run and paralyze, which would have been awesome if they were not insta-detecting (and de-stealthing)
    me no matter which direction i came from thereby nullifying my stealth-dependent attacks.

Point is, the only factor mitigating a melee rogue's other inadequacies has been taken away.

p.s. yes sabo was overpowered, i never played as one though.
    +1

____

Soulwalker

Assassin combined with another soul (the other soul is debatable) is some of the best single target DPS in PvE.

Depending on the fight, you should be topping DPS charts. If you aren't, you're bad/do not have the proper spec.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by cone0 View Post
    Assassin combined with another soul (the other soul is debatable) is some of the best single target DPS in PvE.

Depending on the fight, you should be topping DPS charts. If you aren't, you're bad/do not have the proper spec.
    Wrong answer. Try again. Please remember you are in the Rogue Discussion group.

You're trying to go against many well-renown posters who have all claimed, and shown, how low Rogue DPS is using parses. And what do you have to back up your claim?

Nothing.

Telaran

lols fail troll is fail

Parses or ****. You get carried, son.

Shadowlander

Now here you are absolutely wrong.
    Yes assassin has dot but unless i catch someone completely off guard in pvp - best i can do is stall them
    until others arrive. I've literally spent a minute chopping at a warrior that just stood there and laughed
    which i admit was a hilarious sight as his health did not change much.

Assassins in pvp, in my humble opinion are extremely useful for things like stalling valuable targets,
    think ctf or black garden. Other than that - no, sorry, the dps is way below what you are implying.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Left View Post
    You're trying to go against many well-renown posters who have all claimed, and shown, how low Rogue DPS is using parses. And what do you have to back up your claim?

Nothing.
    Well renowned posters AKA I don't actually play the game I spend all my time on forums

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Do you really think it's that hard to PVE????????????????

You admitted you're only "like" rank 2 prestige. It takes 0 skill to PvE. Only focus. You pay attention to the fight, follow orders and do your rotation.

PvP is much harder. I think I'm a better rogue than you ;) Btw let's see some parses! pull up the old ACT meter and paste us some rogue glory!
    I am only prestige 2 but that has nothing to do with skill. Prestige has to do with how much time you've spent on the game, and I have had it for less than two weeks. You're bad because instead of playing the game and figuring out how to be successful you QQ on forums.

I agree PvP is much harder. You're a bad rogue, and once again, fights in both PvE and PvP come down to a lot more than Parsers and straight numbers.

However I don't expect any of you to understand that due to the fact that your solution to your lack of skill is QQing the developers

Telaran

If you've actually played this game, fights come down to a lot more than Parsers.

Me > u
    You said you topped the dps charts.

Apparently at some point in your life you thought it'd be fun to be a dbag to complete strangers on the interwebs.

Congratulations, you've succeeded at everything you always thought you could be.

Telaran

I am only prestige 2 but that has nothing to do with skill. Prestige has to do with how much time you've spent on the game, and I have had it for less than two weeks. You're bad because instead of playing the game and figuring out how to be successful you QQ on forums.

I agree PvP is much harder. You're a bad rogue, and once again, fights in both PvE and PvP come down to a lot more than Parsers and straight numbers.

However I don't expect any of you to understand that due to the fact that your solution to your lack of skill is QQing the developers
    Bro you don't know me.

Of course PvP has nothing to do with numbers... you came in here talking about PvE for some reason........ rofl. PvE is ALL numbers. and people have proven the numbers. You can't argue that. You're just making a huge fool of yourself.

However, if you came in and argued PVP and said you were better than everyone at it and they just suck, then you might have some ground. Oh, and if all you do is spend your time trying to be successful, hopefully you're on Reclaimer and can come duel me a few times. Maybe i'll record it and post back here.

That would be fun for everyone

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Phineus View Post
    You said you topped the dps charts.

Apparently at some point in your life you thought it'd be fun to be a dbag to complete strangers on the interwebs.

Congratulations, you've succeeded at everything you always thought you could be.
    I did our tank had the parser.

Yes, I do enjoy being a dbag to morons who QQ on the "interwebs."

Finally, thank you for your congratulations I am the best around...nothings gonna ever keep me down

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast