+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If you rolled SAB, and you're mad about the nerfs...

Plane Touched

Default If you rolled SAB, and you're mad about the nerfs...

Then it's your own damn fault.

If you're playing a Sab in this game then you probably fall into one of 3 categories:

1) Someone who played Beta and saw how broken the class was

2) Someone who spent hours reading the forums looking for the "best rogue spec"

3) Someone who came to the game without being 1 or 2 and genuinely liked the idea of the class.

If you're 3, then I have sympathy for you. It was a cool spec, and it's a shame the one you played is getting hit.

If you're 1 or 2 then just shut up. Seriously.

If you were in Beta, you knew this would happen.

If you spent hours looking for the omgleet rogue spec, you surely saw the 10,000 posts and replies saying a nerf would happen.

If you were even remotely objective in evaluating class balance, you knew it would happen.

I didn't play beta. And I pretty much blindly rolled a rogue. I ended up as an Assassin with a bard offsoul.

I didn't chase the FOTM.

I didn't spend the three weeks before release fine-tuning my talents.

I didn't make 15 posts asking for the best Rogue spec.

But I did know, from the BRIEF research I did on the class that Sabs would ABSOLUTELY be nerfed.

I spent maybe 20 minutes on the forums before I chose my souls. And even in those 20 minutes I knew the class would be nerfed.

All of you who knew the broken-ness of the class and still rolled have nobody to blame but yourselves.

All your tears and whines are self-inflicted.

It's a lot like irresponsible credit card users. You live it up for awhile, then get mad when the phone starts ringing and people want their money.

So make another "I quit" post.

Make another "I'm rerolling" post.

Whatever floats your boat.

Just remember that all the crap you flood the forum with dilutes the VALID arguments a lot of people are making.

Haha, it's funny. Before Rift finished downloading I knew Sabs were the most OP class in the game (besides Champs). Yet you people who were in headstart/beta stilll were dumb enough to roll one and expect it to stay the same.

Just... rofl.

(fwiw, I'm not laughing at players who genuinely try to pose constructive arguments for/against nerfs/balances, etc. It's the hundreds of knee-jerk crybabies who think their "$15 a month" means the game was made exclusively for them.)

Telaran

there was no sab nerf. they fixed a bug that gave us more stats than we were supposed to have and they changed the range a bit. I still have the same dps i had before. a bug fix is not a nerf.

Soulwalker

....and YOU certainly don't raid.

Plane Touched

BTW...

I'm one of those "gotta have the last word" kind of people.

And that's a pretty stupid thing to try and achieve on a forum.

(almost as stupid as rolling a class you knew was broken then complaining when it's fixed)

So I won't be checking in on this one.

Say what you want. I'll never see it.

But I'm right.

Telaran

Then why the hell post if you arent going to actually contribute anything more? Im not making any of those posts, i still love to play my sab and im still at the top of the dps charts. its not a broken class, you just have to build it right.

Muq

Quote Originally Posted by Murdertrain View Post
    BTW...

I'm one of those "gotta have the last word" kind of people.

And that's a pretty stupid thing to try and achieve on a forum.

(almost as stupid as rolling a class you knew was broken then complaining when it's fixed)

So I won't be checking in on this one.

Say what you want. I'll never see it.

But I'm right.

I know you cant resist.

Shadowlander

Default that would apply if,

you were good at games...

Sab should have never been nerfed. I play sab, but I die about 2 times a game, there are obviously other sabs out there. So, what am I doing? gearing properly and spending points the way they should be...

As far as the nerfs, they just make ups some random numbers and then tell us thats what they did. I doubt, nerfing armor pen by a percentage, would effect overall DPS. People that were hitting 1700, are now hitting 400, I would say that is a ***** of a nerf...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mast3rpyr0 View Post
    there was no sab nerf. they fixed a bug that gave us more stats than we were supposed to have and they changed the range a bit. I still have the same dps i had before. a bug fix is not a nerf.
    there was no Sab nerf? yes they fixed the armor pen bug for Blast Charge, they fixed the bug where we were not getting our damage from Shrapnel Charge, even changing how blast charge detonates from 1 lump sum to 5 diffrent rolls, but the redesign of Charge Booster was a nerf, some report 30-40% less dps. Saddly still making rogues best dps soul Sab at a whooping 550dps in t1-t2 gear. Sabs were nerfed harshly due to other classes thinking it was unfair to rack out a 3-4k crit over 6 seconds...

Banned

Actually, I originally planned on being BD or NB but after allowed in two T1 groups as either (and consequently doing half the damage of warriors) and being told to go sab or bard in every other case I changed to sab. Now sab is a waste of a slot along with every other DPS soul in the calling.

share that uber build then so we can analyze it, or were you just gain saying?

With out the armor ignore spec I still would crit for 2k. Now I crit for 600. If you are still getting the same DPS then you must have had a terrible sab spec. I'm jealous though, because you'll never know how good sab was.

Also, armor ignore bug != Charge booster. That is where all the real damage came from.
    Briarqueue

Shadowlander

You forgot the last option.

4) You dislike the spec, but were forced into it in order to stay viable in raids due to all other rogue callings doing sub-par dps compared to other dps classes.

Do we really need more L2P QQ wah threads?
    Intel Q8300 @ 3.4 | Corsair H50 | Gigabyte GA-P45-UD3L | 8GB Patriot DDR2-800 | MSI Cyclone OC 460 768mb | Antec NeoPower 650w | CoolerMaster HAF 922 | 24" Asus VW246H

Quote Originally Posted by Norsemang View Post
    Do we really need more L2P QQ wah threads?
    Hmm let me think..

Yes.

I had never seen the saboteur spec or anything like it outside of Demo Man in TFC... so I chose it because it was fun and original for an MMO. I hadn't heard of Rift until the final Beta, so I really had no idea it was the "superior" rogue spec. I wish it hadn't been

I'm not enthralled with the Bard spec I'm pretty much forced to play at the moment. I can tolerate it for a bit while they get their balance pass in order, but it has certainly diminished my excitement to play.

My sab build was doing @700 dps in experts single target, the warrior linking the parses was closer to 950 pre-patch. I really don't see what the issue was. If it was PvP burst... well making Charge Booster a 50% damage increase is just going to send more people to the forums complaining that our burst wasn't touched and what the hell are we QQing about.

Please change charge booster to increase our detonate damage by 20/40/60/80/100% for each different type of charge in the payload. Dumbing Sab down to 2 charge rotations killed the fun, and I'd like the variety back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast