Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4 Days left to cancel

Shadowlander

Default 4 Days left to cancel

For those of you who are curious, Trion will charge accounts in 4 days when the free month ends.

I just cancelled my sub, and I'm not going to renew if I don't see changes to the class that I've invested a month of playtime into.

Just wanted to inform those who were considering, before you paid for a game that only cares about 75% of it's playerbase.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by sigmachi View Post
    For those of you who are curious, Trion will charge accounts in 4 days when the free month ends.

I just cancelled my sub, and I'm not going to renew if I don't see changes to the class that I've invested a month of playtime into.

Just wanted to inform those who were considering, before you paid for a game that only cares about 75% of it's playerbase.
    Already cancelled 2 weeks after I started raiding, and felt how clunky my Rogue Sab spec was, the only remotely viable DPS for my calling.

The game is rearing its ugly side. The rogue class feels, bad, plays bad, is poorly conceived, and F***K Bard.

Soulwalker

I also canceled.

Rift Disciple

Cancelled too.

I'll be back when they fix Rogue class or allow a class reset to Mage or Warrior.

Rift is great in other regards. I'm having a lot of fun exploring, questing and digging up the lore. Yet class balance may very well be the reason for me leaving as well. I'm undecided as of yet, but after seeing mages, clerics and warriors given plenty of love I can't help but feel as though we're getting the short end of the stick.

Soulwalker

A shorter thread would be. "Who didn't cancel?"

Quote Originally Posted by dufford View Post
    A shorter thread would be. "Who didn't cancel?"
    Mages, I'd wager.

I'm glad you posted this. I was going to go check the exact date for when it was going to hit my card.

Going to cancel the day befor it renews if they dont put rogues back the way they was befor the patch, OR at the very least give it another shot at balancing them.

No reason to pay more money if there stupid enough to leave things this way for more then a couple days, because they will just keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Sadly i have yet to EVER see a game company admit there in the wrong totally, and then change it back.
    Probably just have to find another game. I'm not rolling a new toon and play some class i didnt want to play in the first place.

Yes I've cancelled my sub as well. PvP is so dismal now and there is no place for rogues in PvE (other than bard)...
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 03-30-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Shadowlander

Hey thanks for sharing. Got any other money saving tips?

Shadowlander

And at the going rate of Trion's in game customer service... I doubt that someone's even reading these forums. I hope they have a little chart of subscriptions showing growth level off as people give up hope for fair changes.

Telaran

Took me a few seconds to find the correct button but alas i did. Nice work trion

Shadowlander

I've never had a game piss me off so much in one moment like this. The next two days are my days off and I was looking forward to doing the world event, PvP, and experts.

I never liked the saboteur. I started a bladedancer originally and although I enjoyed it, it felt weak at first. I played a bard to lvl until ~42, and then found that bladedancer guide and played that again. Lvls 42-50 were a blast to solo PvE, although it was fairly rough in PvP. I mostly switched back to bard for that.

When I did parses and research to find out how I could do the most damage possible to be a useful part of expert groups, I found the sabo spec. I didn't particularly like it, but I felt that it was the most beneficial for a group. I was doing stupid amounts of damage in PvP, I have a screenshot of me in port of scion ending the game with 366k dmg (next highest is 217k) and 25 killing blows. The very next game I got about 440k damage and 42 killing blows. It was the only time I felt I had any effect whatsoever against the other callings. It was overpowered in my opinion (putting up those numbers with a mix of green/blue/epics) and rank 1 prestige, but it was the only really viable spec.

Even bard feels weak in warfronts to me. Nowhere near survivable... I can't last through a warriors stunlock, mages tear me apart, hell - even clerics kill me. And I can't kill anything by myself. My raid healing which has been nerfed wasn't hugely effective either.

I DO think sabos needed a pvp nerf, although i thought all the charges having separate chances to crit would fix or help in that regard without directly nerfing pve.

But now I don't feel like there are any viable specs. Warriors are complaining that they only do 900 dps now, down from 1200-1400... jesus I wish i could do that much single target. I had to respec to nightblade (which i hate) and on the test dumby I was around 550 dps, down from the 650-700 my saboteur was doing. Why bring me to a raid or group? There's really no reason.

After playing a class with a 1second GCD, the other classes feel extremely slow-paced and easy, and I don't feel like investing more time into another character if trion is going to swing the nerfbat at that one next. I don't like jumping back and forth between characters. I have played underpowered classes before, but to have absolutely NO benefit to a group over the other callings, and being unable to kill anything except other rogues in PvP - it's frustrating.

I attacked a cleric in Stillmoor today and she just stood there casting a heal every 5-6 seconds and said "Why even try? You can't kill me." I thought - you're right. Why even try? I canceled my account about 10 minutes later.

Rift Disciple

I canceled prior to the patch coming out. I canceled as soon as I saw the initial patch notes with the initial sab nerf without buffing any other souls. I then gained some hope back by saying they weren't going to nerf sabs yet because they didn't want to rush it.

Now they went ahead and nerfed it even worse than they were initially planning in an EXTREMELY rushed effort.

I'll resub ONLY if they buff a rogue soul to the point where its viable.

Plane Walker

cancelled tooo

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast