Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warranty Refund - Get Yours Here!

Shadowlander

Default Warranty Refund - Get Yours Here!

Link to warranty:
    https://trionworlds.custhelp.com/app...etail/a_id/910

Trion warrants to the original consumer purchaser only that the media furnished in this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase ... Trion will, at its option, (a) correct any defect, (b) provide you with a similar product of similar value, or (c) refund your money.
    - Rift is an MMO.
    - An MMO by definition is a "multiplayer game"
    - Rogues are no longer welcome in Rift's multiplayer experience (warfront PvP, instances PvE)
    - Therefore Rift is defective

Goto
    https://trionworlds.custhelp.com/app/ask
    - Select product = rift
    - Select category = warranty
    - Request Trion either a) correct the defect or c) refund all money(s) paid

If we can get a few 10,000 of these submitted someone might actually start paying attention.

Shadowlander

Your Question has been Submitted

Thanks for submitting your question. Use this reference number for follow up: #110330-005162

Soulwalker

Nice idea/thought.. but i think that the warranty being talked out in your quote is meant to be for the actual physical dvd disc.. and not the actual game/gameplay itself.. so doubt you will have any success getting a refund with your logic there..

Done.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    - Rogues are no longer welcome in Rift's multiplayer experience (warfront PvP, instances PvE)
    I don't think that's quite.. Right.

Rift's multiplayer experience is community-associated. Although Trion has a lot of influence of this, they have no direct connectivity to multiplayer experience. For example, Trion has no control what [Player name here] says to you in-game.

It would be different if Trion didn't allow rogues to be in warfronts or instances.

EDIT: Duzzo123's post cleared things up for me. Read below!
    Last edited by Left; 03-30-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Katalia View Post
    Nice idea/thought.. but i think that the warranty being talked out in your quote is meant to be for the actual physical dvd disc.. and not the actual game/gameplay itself.. so doubt you will have any success getting a refund with your logic there..
    I don't think the point was to get a refund... I think the point was to get Trion to realize that the majority of the rogue playerbase isnt happy

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Katalia View Post
    physical dvd disc.. and not the actual game/gameplay itself..
    I'd challenge them to find any legal definition of 'media' that doesn't include the 0's and 1's in my download ... but then again, it's more about proving customer dissatisfaction in significant enough numbers to raise awareness within trion than about actually getting my hands on the cash.

This only takes 15 seconds to do, and is MUCH more effective than just writing on the forums, because an actual Trion employee has to spend time reading it. Time = money.

Rift Disciple

Somebody doesn't read terms and conditions. (The ones you agree to after every patch)
    Last edited by Anost; 03-30-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Left View Post
    Rift's multiplayer experience is community-associated. Trion has no control what [Player name here] says to you in-game.
    And yet they provide a language filter, as well as mechanisms for me to block players. Clearly they have identified a duty of care within the framework of the player experience to ensure their product meets it's advertised claims.

I'm not asking them to FORCE people to take me into a group. Just to make sure their product does not significantly and adversely impact the likelihood of this happening.

Soulwalker

My rogue rocks

Your rogue sucks

Continue to QQ on forums instead of learning to play the game

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Anost View Post
    Somebody doesn't read terms and conditions. (The ones you agree to after every patch)
    I have not yet applied patch 1.1, and therefore have not accepted the terms and conditions. I reject them outright, and will not apply this patch until my warranty claim is processed.

Rift Disciple

I have not yet applied patch 1.1, and therefore have not accepted the terms and conditions. I reject them outright, and will not apply this patch until my warranty claim is processed.
    You already accepted the terms and conditions when you installed the game.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by cone0 View Post
    Glad to see you had time to read and comment on my thread. I can only assume this was because no group would invite you to an instance.

Rift Disciple

You really have nothing better to do?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by cone0 View Post
    My rogue rocks

Your rogue sucks

Let's back this up with some screen shots/video/parser pix.

I dare you.

You may think you're rogue looks cool, but we're not talking about armor dye.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast