+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stealth is broken.

Shadowlander

Default Stealth is broken.

By the syntax with which Trion used to describe the changes to the steath in the patch notes:

Occasionally NPCs would be unable to attack stealthed players. Not anymore!

It's clear that Trion hates Rogues.

Stealth after patch is broken. Walking around, NPCs aggro me like I'm a lvl 30 mob trying to navigate around 35s. And if that wasn't enough...

Players have also gained a distinct advantage as they can see me from about 10 feet away. I was standing 10-12 yards away in game, and a chloro mage targeted me and began spellcasting.

So in the patch notes trion should have said "Rogues used to be able to stealth. Not Anymore!

After receiving no love so far as buffs are concerned in this 1.1 patch, and considering now that the only utiliity our class had is now broken (stealth), I'm going to play the rest of the day playing a warrior or mage, and consider the cancellation of my subscription to this game. A big FU to trion for not giving attention where attention is due.

And, for the record, I'm using Silent Footsteps in Conceal, if this helps fix the problem.
    Last edited by sigmachi; 03-30-2011 at 05:56 PM.

My stealth is suppose to be on a 30 second timer.. I don't see the countdown anymore.

Stealth is beyond broken. May as well roll a bladedancer or Bard because right now its pretty much fubar unless you are 50.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lockiszemode View Post
    Stealth is beyond broken. May as well roll a bladedancer or Bard because right now its pretty much fubar unless you are 50.
    It's ****ed at 50 too. Wolves in Freemarch ATTACKED me from my stealth.

Soulwalker

Well the hell is the point of having a stealth skill if NPC can attack you while you're in it? If you're going to play that kind of half-assed **** then just remove the skill completely! You copied so much from WoW already, can't you at least take a look at how their stealth works and get it somewhat close?

Soulwalker

What the hell are you guys smoking? I tried the wolves in freemarch and they can't see me unless I literally SIT on them...

Also tested with my girlfriend (We're both 47), she can't see me until I'm close enough to be able to get the opener on her anyway...

Soulwalker

mobs several levels below are detecting- that can't be right- - most definitely broken. not to mention the still broken visual effects not stealthing.
    wasn't so bad before 1.1

Rift Chaser

omg really? stop crying Its FIXED I have a 50 assassin aswell before you think im a troll ^^ I could stand inside the t2 bosses before ofc it was broken. why give us abiltys what give us better stealth for a short time if your current stealth is 100% invis all the time and perfect?

Rift Disciple

Stealth was broken by patch 1.02 (3/17/2011), presumably related to the aggro radius changes. Even without Silent Footsteps, you could walk right through mobs (even bosses!) or sit on top of them without them aggroing. This was certainly not the intended functionality.

Based on my testing, 1.1 has brought it back to approximately where it was before 1.02. The only problem I have noticed is that Shadow Stalk places you in a spot that is close enough for mobs (even level 12 mobs) to notice you and attack within the GCD, thus preventing you from using an opener. I doubt this is intended and assuming Shadow Stalk wasn't modified, this means the radius is slightly larger than it was pre-1.02.
    Last edited by drakhon; 03-30-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by May Contain Nuts View Post
    omg really? stop crying Its FIXED I have a 50 assassin aswell before you think im a troll ^^ I could stand inside the t2 bosses before ofc it was broken. why give us abiltys what give us better stealth for a short time if your current stealth is 100% invis all the time and perfect?
    I'm not talking about NPCs. The interaction with NPCs is what it was. I also was speaking about my lvl 50 rogue.

My problem is with how the changes effect Player v Player interaction. Enemy players seeing me from 10 yards away. That is a huge problem.

Read the OP before you spaz.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by drakhon View Post
    Stealth was broken by patch 1.02 (3/17/2011), presumably related to the aggro radius changes. Even without Silent Footsteps, you could walk right through mobs (even bosses!) or sit on top of them without them aggroing. This was certainly not the intended functionality.

Based on my testing, 1.1 has brought it back to approximately where it was before 1.02. The only problem I have noticed is that Shadow Stalk places you in a spot that is close enough for mobs (even level 12 mobs) to notice you and attack within the GCD, thus preventing you from using an opener. I doubt this is intended and assuming Shadow Stalk wasn't modified, this means the radius is slightly larger than it was pre-1.02.
    So in other words they nerfed it to below release levels.

Yeah, that's pretty much what everyone else is saying to. So we agree.

Shadowlander

Stealth is without a doubt broken. As an assassin with the 30% better stealth talent I was seen from over 30 yards away by an ungrouped member of my own faction. What the ****.

I gotta admit i kinda freaked when i heard this, but when i got home and tested it, i found little difference.

Sure now I get the whistle but not the insta attack.

So far I have had to make a few minor adjustments, but really it seems to work just fine for me. Maybe for 1-49 its broken?

BTW I am 51 assassin, no shifting so I stalk in.

What builds and style of attack are you that are getting problems?
    Last edited by ralinsilver; 03-30-2011 at 07:35 PM.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

I must agree with the initial assessment. It has been broken/nerf'd.

I am only a lvl40 assassin but everything could see me from players 9 levels lower then me to NPC's of the same level or lower.

Unless you are super quick it can be extremely difficult to get an opener in before they break stealth. Yes as of one of the patches we stopped getting the whistle. I honestly didn't notice it because I thought it had something to do with my improved stealth. Now everything whistles and everything sees me.

Yes we shouldnt be able to sit on a boss mob that his higher level then us but we should be able to navigate through a wide variety of mobs based upon level. And players shouldn't be able to see us as well as they can. Please fix this.

Rift Disciple

Yep still pew pew.

Lvl40 w/ sin build and within a couple hours had to log off out of frustration. A few quests I have atm needs cc to minimize aggro to 2 mobs in a restricted environment...not a chance with the new detection (smells so much like AoC fail in this dept.). If this is intended then 'wtb' more heal power to the leech and hp. It would of been nice to enjoy a class u actualy like without activating another role to improvise.

Wait...other MMOs have far more interesting classes and hybrids.

Sub runs out in a week...will see if it gets fixed.
    Last edited by Hashashin; 03-30-2011 at 07:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast