+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stealth is broken.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Themistocles View Post
    So in other words they nerfed it to below release levels.

Yeah, that's pretty much what everyone else is saying to. So we agree.
    I should correct myself. I don't have Shadow Stalk in my solo PvE build, so I never tested it for that and so I can't actually say that it wasn't working like that pre-1.02, I just assumed that it wasn't.

However, I can definitely say that stealth isn't "broken". I have no trouble doing any of the "stealthy" things I did pre-1.02 like stealthing along the walls in Caer Mathos for the dailies or getting the orichalcum vein in the cave with 52's in Iron Pine (often using Elusiveness at certain times for both), nor do I have trouble using openers on mobs of any level. Occasionally I get the Incapacitated-but-in-combat-anyway issue, but only when using Incapacitate from the front.

That said, stealth is a bit weaker than I would like (and has been since I started in beta). It's certainly weaker than WoW stealth, but perhaps they want it that way. We'll have to see how they change it.

Rift Disciple

This is got to be gross exaggeration. I just spent the last 4 hours pvping on my rogue and not once did I get pulled from stealth by anyone. I always got my opener first. From the slight amount of grinding I did today as well, mobs were reacting just fine. If I got right in their face they would aggro, but if I approached from behind they were fine. Seriously? WTF is with the QQ?

Rift Disciple

The brokenness seems to vary, depending on the game account, maybe even on the gaming session? As some ppl claim trouble while others report "no problem".

What I do know is that my lvl44 rogue with silent footsteps and improved stealth was taken out of stealth by lvl19 (!!!) mobs in Freemarch several times, BEFORE I could get into incapacitate range and while approaching from the BACK. A bit later, I did NOT experience much trouble in Shimmersand, whith mobs only 2 levels below me. Yes I heard the whistle when approaching but USUALLY I could incapacitate them before they broke my stealth. However, about half of the mobs I approached, even with Elusiveness, turned around to face me (whistle too) before I could use assassinate, so I had to incapacitate them and walk around them to attack their back.

Yes I do believe the current version of stealth is much more "working as intended" and I don't mind the fix, BUT I also believe that the fix takes the correction of the previous problem a bit too far and in the current situation elusiveness is a waste of time and improved stealth is a waste of soul points. Neither seem to make any difference as far as I tested.

Before 1.1 I could indeed stand on top of a lvl50+ elite and not get noticed, I can perfectly well see how that's unintended...
    Last edited by DooieAap; 04-01-2011 at 03:23 AM.

Rift Disciple

yeak im so pissed allso...
    tried to do some quests without killing 100 moobs with low rogue dps...

died 3 times because the lvl 50 moobs can see me from 5-10 meters...

offline - go to work.

thanks trion - kicking someone allready laying on the floor feels bad.

i really think about canceling my account instead of 6 moth package...

im sick of rogue after 1 month now...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Viashiva View Post
    yeak im so pissed allso...
    tried to do some quests without killing 100 moobs with low rogue dps...

died 3 times because the lvl 50 moobs can see me from 5-10 meters...

offline - go to work.

thanks trion - kicking someone allready laying on the floor feels bad.

i really think about canceling my account instead of 6 moth package...

im sick of rogue after 1 month now...

Hmm I'm a lvl 50 rogue also, didn't see the big diff of stealth yet. It works fine for me, or at least fine enough.
    But the biggest problem is, I'm trying souls and souls day in day out but nothing seems strong enough..
    And they keep hating, and don't improve it just a little..

I have only experienced stealth at 50 post patch, and that's the one in the assassin line - It's working ok for me, sure mobs detect you if you're close without the stealth buff triggered, but that's the way it should be. Prior to patch they didn't detect you at all, which was a bug.

Anyways, stealth isn't perfect, and never will be. Bit I seriously can't relate to your arguments pve-wise, it's working FINE in my opinion. Like in the last IT run I had, I wasn't detected ONCE, and I had two saps going for a lot of the pulls. Basically what I'm saying is, if you're getting detected at 50 with Sin stealth you're without doubt doing something wrong.

Stealth pvp-wise is another story. Way too many abilities break stealth in my opinion, and players should have a tougher time detecting us, I say.

Soulwalker

It's broken in PvE as well.

I can't even sneak up on npc's that are my lvl with the talents, and using elusiveness. And that's from coming behind them.

*edit* And I agree that mobs should be able to detect you if you come straight at them, but I can't even get close to them with their backs turned.
    Last edited by Jeebster; 04-01-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebster View Post
    It's broken in PvE as well.

I can't even sneak up on npc's that are my lvl with the talents, and using elusiveness. And that's from coming behind them.

*edit* And I agree that mobs should be able to detect you if you come straight at them, but I can't even get close to them with their backs turned.
    I'm guessing you're below 50 then, in which case I can't comment. Either way, I'd be happy to showcase stealth at 50.

I am lvl 38 and I have Silent Footsteps, but I get attacked out of stealth in Freemarch. I am standing close the the mobs, but not on top of them.
    With elusiveness it works fine. But without it, it is close to useless, even in areas that are far below my lvl range.
    Also, my stealth breaks after 30 seconds, even though I have improved stealth.

And while we are on the subject of broken stealth mechanics.
    I know Trion has "borrowed" a lot of stuff from WoW. But did you really have to bring the vanish bug along?

When I use Slip Away, I often get hit out of it immediately. You would think the damage immunity would prevent it from happening, but it don't.

And some times, I use slip away, run to a safe area, only to see a mob running towards me, stopping right in front of me and slapping my face.

I spent enough years in WoW being annoyed by it. Please Trion, fix it!
    Last edited by Idun; 04-01-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    Keep the change, you filthy animal!

Soulwalker

It's pretty broken for me. I can't even get close enough to the trash pulls in experts to use Incapacitate on them. They see me before I get in range of it and start attacking.

Default Incapacitate In Experts - What Matters...

Quote Originally Posted by Ichron View Post
    It's pretty broken for me. I can't even get close enough to the trash pulls in experts to use Incapacitate on them. They see me before I get in range of it and start attacking.
    Exactly - most of these dumb masses posting have no idea....

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Idun View Post
    Also, my stealth breaks after 30 seconds, even though I have improved stealth.
    Are you a assassin/nightblade? If that so, you are using the nightblade stealth instead of the assassin one. Put the good one on shortcut.

at 50 ive noticed it being bugged. not against players as much as mobs.....trying to do the IPP dailies and mobs were seeing me from outside melee range making it quite difficult to get in, incap something and kill a mob i need. before however yes it was quite broken vs bosses and such but right now im pretty much questing with my nb/rs/bd pve build rather than assassin.
    Asesina
    Briarcliff - PvP - US
    Fist of the Empire

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 3.3 GHz stock GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti (Msi twin Frozr) Mobo: Asus P8P67 Pro PSU: Coolermaster 700w Modular Ram: Corsair XMS DDR3 1600 4G x 2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 32 MB Cache 7200 RPM 500g Case: Raidmax Hummer Mouse: Razer naga Keyboard: Logitech G11

Shadowlander

Stealth is really broken? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znf-nYg8Or8

I will upload one without the use of elusiveness too.

Shadowlander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaVpJnjDvKY

Part 2, no elusivness except last group of mobs.

Notice that i could have Sap or Lost hope mob while running if i really wanted to sneak easily.
    Last edited by Thaxlsyssilyaan; 04-01-2011 at 08:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast