+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogues how does it feel being the Lowest Dps Class in Game!

Default Rogues how does it feel being the Lowest Dps Class in Game!

in any Soul Spec! im so over it!

Rift Chaser

Feels good.

I'm okay with it, because I don't really care about how many big numbers I can throw out. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I like playing classes that I personally find fun, as this is a game and I like to worry more about how much fun I'm having over how many big numbers I can throw up. I guess I'm a little upset that maybe people will have less of a reason to invite me to a group, but I hope they can realize that in the end it's not really about big numbers, and more about setting out to accomplish something as a group (like downing a boss or what have you).

People who only care about numbers ruin games, and I wish instead of thinking "I'm not going to invite this class because they can't push out big numbers like this class", they would instead invite me because I'm not a total ******, and I follow orders well. But I guess they will never know that because they are too busy thinking about numbers and which class is better than which class.
    Last edited by Seraphyna; 03-30-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Telaran

Answer: were not

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyna View Post
    I'm okay with it, because I don't really care about how many big numbers I can throw out. I guess I'm a little upset that maybe people will have less of a reason to invite me to a group, but I hope they can realize that in the end it's not really about big numbers, and more about setting out to accomplish something as a group (like downing a boss or what have you).

People who only care about numbers ruin games, and I wish instead of thinking "I'm not going to invite this class because they can't push out big numbers like this class", they would instead invite me because I'm not a total ******, and I follow orders well. But I guess they will never know that because they are too busy thinking about numbers and which class is better than which class.
    Would you want to go with a group, knowing that you were pulling DPS that was underneath enrage timers? That you were dragging a group down no matter how skilled or geared you were? Games are meant to be fun, because they have goals. If my presence in a group makes a goal more difficult than if they had picked someone else, then I don't want to be in that group.

Sure is disheartening raid-leading Greenscale and topping damage charts to not even willing to give myself a damage spot post-nerfs and take one of the few bard slots.

Banned

That relentless optimism must be of great use during the long periods of standing around in Sanctum, hoping against hope, that you get an invite instead of "lol" as a response when you whisper the person looking for DPS for T2.

Shadowlander

You obviously didn't run any T2 dungeons or Raid. Most of the encounters are DPS crucial, its not about lollygaggin and hopping around singing kumbaya being happy. If you don't pull your numbers you get wiped, simple as that. And now we simply don't have them, so anyone with half a brain that does a group will invite Mage or Warrior over Rogue any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaulter View Post
    Would you want to go with a group, knowing that you were pulling DPS that was underneath enrage timers? That you were dragging a group down no matter how skilled or geared you were? Games are meant to be fun, because they have goals. If my presence in a group makes a goal more difficult than if they had picked someone else, then I don't want to be in that group.

Sure is disheartening raid-leading Greenscale and topping damage charts to not even willing to give myself a damage spot post-nerfs and take one of the few bard slots.
    I guess I'm different as I don't really care about topping damage charts. Sure I like to feel like I'm helping my group, but if we set out to achieve what we meant to do, then who cares about who is doing the most DPS? I kind of have a hard time seeing how a party could completely fail because of one person, me. If they were all these amazing classes that you guys are saying are overpowered, then wouldn't they essentially be able to "carry" me in a sense if they were really that amazing? I have to wonder if maybe it's not just because I'm a rogue, and maybe it's because we did something wrong in the fight that caused us to fail. So then we assess what the problem is, and if it happens to be that it is only because one person in the group (me) is not doing enough DPS to get the boss/whatever down fast enough, then yeah, I guess I would probably be upset. It's just, I don't really see this happening.

I'm okay with it, because I don't really care about how many big numbers I can throw out. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I like playing classes that I personally find fun, as this is a game and I like to worry more about how much fun I'm having over how many big numbers I can throw up. I guess I'm a little upset that maybe people will have less of a reason to invite me to a group, but I hope they can realize that in the end it's not really about big numbers, and more about setting out to accomplish something as a group (like downing a boss or what have you).

You dont care that you cant find a group unless you are playing bard and only bard? We are at that point.

Telaran

I feel good. I will get to know Meridian like it's my room in my parents basement. If anyone has any questions on where to find something in the city, whisper me.

Gonna be hard for rogues in T2 CC and GSR...

+ Reply to Thread