+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not sure what Rogues are for in PvP post 1.1 patch

Rift Disciple

Default Not sure what Rogues are for in PvP post 1.1 patch

I'm not trying to cry or whine, but I really am curious here.

My build is 34 Assassin / 32 NB. Level 50. I've attacked several classes, Mages and all alike with the following rotation.

Stealth
    Jagged Strike
    Foul Play
    Puncture
    Scourge of Darkness
    Fiery Spike
    Dusk Strike
    Blazing Strike

By this there's generally about 2 ticks of SoD left, and Puncture/Jagged Strike are ticking away. Jagged does maybe 200-250 on crits I believe, not sure about Puncture.

Consistently this rotation ends with people with 100% health. Literally a bar that hasn't moved. Now, I understand there are buffs and heals and everything else to consider, but.. 100%?

I just ran some Warfronts where in the past I could sometimes get to the top of the list when I played to my strengths and worked with my team. But I really feel like I'm swinging Nerf daggers here compared to the ~1200 Fireballs and Titan Strikes I've been eating.

Something is wrong here, and not balanced. Between this and them deciding the +Hit +Physical Crit Rune recipe I purchased with Artisan Marks is now going to add Strength and Dexterity instead without a refund, my morale and enjoyment of this game have taken serious drops.

Telaran

I've been having some success with a 49rng/17sin/0inf setup. Kite's fairly well, the Greater Dire Wolf brings a 30% healing debuff, and you have some surprisingly decent burst. It isn't "LOLTITANSTRIKE" level or pyromancer level, but its close enough for government work. You also get a ranged interrupt/silence to go with it all.

Rift Disciple

I really like the idea of a melee rogue. In past games, I'd outplay my opponents with Stealth and proper use of my cooldowns and abilities. As the game stands now, though.. It just doesn't feel possible for me to do that. We'll how it goes, but it's pretty sad that Trion literally acknowledged the situation and told us to 'wait a few weeks'.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Footsz View Post
    I've been having some success with a 49rng/17sin/0inf setup. Kite's fairly well, the Greater Dire Wolf brings a 30% healing debuff, and you have some surprisingly decent burst. It isn't "LOLTITANSTRIKE" level or pyromancer level, but its close enough for government work. You also get a ranged interrupt/silence to go with it all.
    Uhh... you wanna point out the ranged interrupt/silence for me?

Soulwalker

I would be interested in hearing of a viable post 1.1 ranged build. i agree w/ OP that i have encountered the same exact situation. I was previously able to do satisfactory dmg as a melee rogue (33 sin/27 bd/ 4 rs) but now it is useless. I either go ranged, always bard or simply reroll. melee dps is just like you stated, their bar does not move now and they just laugh at the attacks.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Uhh... you wanna point out the ranged interrupt/silence for me?
    Concussive Blast. It's the 16 point spell from Ranger. It's a finisher but that isn't a huge deal due to Opportunity, you'll always have combo points on your primary target. I'll admit it isn't as versatile as I'd like (its a bit of a pain to use on a focus target due to it being a finisher) but for most situations it's really nice.

+ Reply to Thread