+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Post patch PVP builds....what are you having moderate success with?

Default Post patch PVP builds....what are you having moderate success with?

Just curious what everyone is finding viable for PVP post patch. Gonna run some builds and attempt to parse, what is working well in warfronts / open world thus far?
    Einstein's definition of insanity "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Take note Trion and deliver meaningful RVR.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rache View Post
    Just curious what everyone is finding viable for PVP post patch. Gonna run some builds and attempt to parse, what is working well in warfronts / open world thus far?
    I find that the Assassin build with Advanced Stealth works really well for going into Stealth and running away from players so they cant kill you, provided they arent higher level and/or weren't looking at the monitor at the time you Stealthed,

Quote Originally Posted by voidtek1969 View Post
    I find that the Assassin build with Advanced Stealth works really well for going into Stealth and running away from players so they cant kill you, provided they arent higher level and/or weren't looking at the monitor at the time you Stealthed,
    >.>.........
    Einstein's definition of insanity "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Take note Trion and deliver meaningful RVR.

Telaran

I've been 32NB/32Assassin mostly before patch, it's still working great for me post patch except I am having a harder time with pyromancers, depends if i can time my twilight shelter just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Napkin View Post
    I've been 32NB/32Assassin mostly before patch, it's still working great for me post patch except I am having a harder time with pyromancers, depends if i can time my twilight shelter just right.
    Link that build for me pls, I'd like to see it.

40 sin/21 bd/5 inf. nothings changed for me, i just keep on pokin'!
    RIFT - Fyrieus <Liam Neeson> 50 Rogue (40 Sin / 21 BD / 5 Inf) - Lotham
    WoW - Fyrieus <Cadia> 80 Shaman // Fyrieusz <Reawakening> 85 Paladin - Lightninghoof
    Aion - Fyrieus <Cadia> L50 Templar - Lumiel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fyrieus

Telaran

I LOL'd! Sad but true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    The problem with Warriors is that there is no give and take.
    While other class have to decide, "Hrrmm....do I want more health and decreased damage? Or more damage and less survivability? Or sacrifice some for a stun/cc?",
    The Warriors just get to say, "ooohlookiehere! I'll take some more Damage here, some improved survivability here, and some extra aoe-CC and a few stuns here. Hell, lets throw in a charge and some Burst-AoE damage while we're at it. Maybe a self-heal too. Sounds good!"
    That's the problem.

Rift Chaser

Seen a fair few sab/marks/bladedancers having a bit of success, they sure are hard to catch.

Soulwalker

Pretty much sums up how i now feel about the rogue calling, great post!

RIFT Guide Writer

I actually did ok 44 NB 22 RS tonight.

Will test mroe tomorrow.

As a Cleric I will tell you NB's give me the most difficulty.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 03-30-2011 at 09:01 PM.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    As a Cleric I will tell you NB's give me the most difficulty.
    That's because, stupidly, they are the ONLY rogue calling that has any healing mitigation to combat the overly powerful heals that are available in this game. Frankly I wish I didn't have to put 32 freaking points into NB just to have a half-reliable way to have a chance of killing any class with heals. Even with -50% healing, Clerics are still generally able to heal for more than I can damage for a fairly long time. I find that to be absolutely ridiculous.
    If you don't take yourself to 32 in NB, you are severely limiting who you can successfully attack in PvP.
    Last edited by Calo; 03-30-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Melee dps souls are still pretty worthless.

NB is the same and somewhat viable thanks to the decent damage output, range, utility and defensive cooldowns.

Saboteur is pretty much the same, you weren't the main killer before and you aren't one now, stick to spamming bombs and assisting.

Bard is still the same bullrush fodder, now with less heals.
    Last edited by Terpsichore; 03-30-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Telaran

Moderate? I'm having exceptional success with my NB builds.

32NB/22SIN/12INF and
    32NB/17RS/17SIN

With the change to the Infiltrator soul, the former can put some serious hurt on someone when needed, while the latter has the mobility that's needed in certain wfs/open world situations.
    Aeternalis - Guardian Rogue
    <Deliverance> [Reclaimer]

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. -Ephesians 6:12 [KJV]

Shadowlander

I have been a 51NB + rift all along and have done pretty well. Living flame is great to use in conjunction with our shields when in packs. There weren't any changes to NB so I am happy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast