+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scott Hartsman Eurogamer Interview

Default Scott Hartsman Eurogamer Interview

Didnt see anyone else post this yet, below is a quote from a eurogamer interview with scott hartsman posted yesterday. I almost cried when I read it.
    Eurogamer: With patches comes the hotly contested area of class balance. What's causing class imbalance in Rift at the moment?
    Scott Hartsman: It depends on where you look. In general things are pretty good. We don't have anybody who's an order of magnitude off where they're supposed to be, as has happened in basically every game in the history of MMOs.
    We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else.
    Eurogamer: The Saboteurs are going to be brought in line - that damage wasn't intended?

Scott Hartsman: No - yeah. In practice what it's doing is adding far more charges to their target than the ability was supposed to add.
    Better
    damage
    in
    the
    game
    than
    anybody
    else.

Do these guys even have level 50 characters in their own game yet?

They probably do, because as devs they can be instant max level with a simple command in order to test max level issues.

Telaran

dude im laughing so hard. better damage than in anybody in the game lmfaofmlamfoa

Rift Chaser

This pretty much sums up the entire issue, devs don't understand their own game. Sabos doing more damage than anyone else? Seriously?
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

Plane Touched

This is the same guy who said they haven't seen any cookie cutter builds in Rift. Are you honestly surprised by this?

Rift Chaser

He kind of reminds me of the BP CEO during the oil disaster. Trion will probably replace him and not let him do interviews anymore.
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

Soulwalker

roll rogue to be one best melee dps yet we ended all useing sab soul becasue melee rogue are so low in dps
    when think about it this nerf today to sab soul to point ware it doing 550dps when classes that under gear doing 800-900 dps some good player doing 1k that x2 more dps that rogue
    or 300dps more any melee rogue

you guys Fail Tron big time . do you think rogue get invit into good Expert party now Tron ? becasue it no they will not

acc close will hold for update buff .

just go look at game like age conan ware nerf rogue so hard game end up fill up with caster all melee are fail class now game called age of caster lol IS tron going same way ? hope not

Telaran

Well this is promising.

Champion

sigh

BM/Champs could do almost twice the sustained DPS that a Sabo could do before the patch (and after...).

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Rift Disciple

The devs are idiots. Either they don't actually test their own **** or there's just a major agenda being passed in by project directors. SUBMIT INGAME FEEDBACK AND BUG TICKETS. FLOOD THEM AND MAKE THEM LISTEN!!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zerixar View Post
    The devs are idiots. Either they don't actually test their own **** or there's just a major agenda being passed in by project directors. SUBMIT INGAME FEEDBACK AND BUG TICKETS. FLOOD THEM AND MAKE THEM LISTEN!!!
    This is a childish approach equivalent to banging pots and pans after being unfairly grounded. I'm not happy about it either, and if you think they're idiots then you should play another game. Idiots don't suddenly become smarter. If you instead think they are reasonable people that lack experience and data, and eventually will come around, all you can do is be patient.

I really wish that devs would publish where they think numbers are at for classes.

Rift Disciple

here's how TRION can make us happy.

Let Rogues have the option of transfer to a Warriors.

You have a lvl 50 Rogues and unhappy? Submit request to TRION and they turn you into a lvl 50 Warrior.

That's all we are asking.

Why in the world would anyone want to play a Melee DPS Rogue when a Warrior Melee can DPS a Rogue anyday and can wear HEAVY ARMOR!!!!

Oh yea, we can stealth and hide if we go SIN. THANKS!

Nice work, TRION

This thread saddens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Librarian View Post
    He kind of reminds me of the BP CEO during the oil disaster. Trion will probably replace him and not let him do interviews anymore.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4PGBSptYCI
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

lud
    Champion

There are players that know this game better then the devs, have these guys not scene mages or warriors dmg.
    They should have made the sab a dot class, all sab charges do there dmg over 6-8 seconds.
    Would have been great for pve as a cleric who likes to react and wouldn't have nerfed pve.

I think they need to add arena to the game, and the reason is, it'd help them balance the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast