+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why Rogues are upset

Champion

Default Here's why Rogues are upset

It isn't because Sabo was nerfed. We all secretly knew that the spike damage on it was OP, even if we didn't want to admit it.

Rogues are mad because our top DPS build currently falls in fourth place behind Warrior DPS, Mage DPS, and Cleric DPS. Sabo was the only build that allowed us to actually be a viable DPS class. Instead of lowering Sabo and bringing the other souls up, they dropped a brick on Sabo and didn't do a thing to our other DPS souls.

If that weren't bad enough, our support soul (Bard) got hit with very hard nerfs which gimps our viability in Raids. Trion expects us to be running 4 Bards in Greenscale just to be able to provide heal support and still have the spots for enough healers, tanks, and dps? What a joke.

And if that weren't bad enough, Rifstalker was hit with a huge nerf (30% healing -> 6% healing) not even a month ago.

So if you look at every aspect of our game:

DPS: Nerfed
    - We never were top DPS. Now we are bottom of the DPS charts.
    Support: Nerfed
    - We were always third in healing and second in buffs. Now it's even worse.
    Tank: Nerfed
    - It is arguable that we were the best tank before the nerf. Now we are definitely behind Warrior and Cleric tanks.

This is why Rogues are upset. Not because we though that Sabo was perfectly balanced before the patch.

Trion, you can't take a dump on every aspect of a Rogue's viability and not expect this reaction.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 03-30-2011 at 04:28 PM.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Telaran

dont forget they eviscerated stealth as well.

Shadowlander

Yea but we still have sap, i mean its op it can stun mob out of combat for 45 seconds, NERF it!

I rerolled mage anyway, i wasn't viable in a T2 dungeon even though i am fully T2 geared allready so i should go Greenscale. Rogues are a complete joke now. Trion should wake up, some of us spent weeks almost non stop playing to tune up our characters and now we are supposed to do what? Watch mages and warriors kill us in PvP while being ignored in PvE?
    Last edited by Sappho; 03-30-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Soulwalker

I agree 100%. Personally I hate the play style of Sab but it is the only spec that makes me as valuable as I can be as a Rogue DPS in a raid. I'd much rather play a ranged DPS in raids.

On a further note what the hell is the thought behind making Marksman a PvP spec with ****ty DPS but ridiculous burst?. Why is mobility paired with burst? Shouldn't their range be enough of a buffer for intelligent players to stay out of the fray?

Marks should be a viable RAIDING PROLONGED DPS class and SAB SHOULD BE THE BURST PVP SPEC.

Love the game, losing faith in it's developers.

Soulwalker

I don't see why everyone is so pissed off. I'm a rogue and I'm loving it. And i own **** in PvP and PvE.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by thedeadwalkk View Post
    I don't see why everyone is so pissed off. I'm a rogue and I'm loving it. And i own **** in PvP and PvE.
    1-49 doesn't matter bro.

Then you, my friend, are either:
    • Not level 50
    • Not running a parser
    • Comparing yourself to bad players
    • Doing drugs
    • or, most likely, trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    1-49 doesn't matter bro.
    Bigger picture: rogues aren't phenomenal even 1-49 any more. The rift scavenger heal makes them decent grinders, but that's about it.

Shadowlander

This is obviously a troll post, i mean i rarely QQ on boards and i was a DPS Druid in Vanilla WoW so somewhat smaller DPS wasn't that much of problem for me, but this? THIS is getting ridiculous, Mages out DPSed us even before patch and they got boost while we got nerf, What kind of logic is that? This is almost suable that Trion is making fun of us.

Champion

And you are fully allowed to keep loving it in ignorant bliss.

I enjoy playing the class, I won't stop playing it because of the nerfs (however, I have started playing more alts...). But what I enjoy most is actually being useful.

Balance does not mean that all DPS needs to max out at 754 dps or something. Balance is that there is give and take between your roles. For example, maybe Cleric doesn't have the highest DPS, but they are the best healers. So they aren't best in 1 area, but they are best in another.

There is currently no area that Rogues are best in (there's very few areas that we AREN'T WORST in, honestly).

That isn't balance. And as for "this patch was just to fix bugs, not to balance" then why did they attempt to balance Sabo? That line is bull.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DocRx View Post
    Then you, my friend, are either:
    • Not level 50
    • Not running a parser
    • Comparing yourself to bad players
    • Doing drugs
    • or, most likely, trolling
    loled

/10char

Rift Master

Sab DPS is down. No doubt about that. I switched to 34RNG/15NB/17Sin and I'm pulling around 800 DPS on boss fights. Only downside is the pet gets insta-gibbed by certain bosses. What are other Rogues doing now besides complaining :P

Banned

Nice parse you've got there to support your claims.

Soulwalker

My rogue rocks

Your rogue sucks

Continue to QQ on forums instead of learning to play the game

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zooks View Post
    Sab DPS is down. No doubt about that. I switched to 34RNG/15NB/17Sin and I'm pulling around 800 DPS on boss fights. Only downside is the pet gets insta-gibbed by certain bosses. What are other Rogues doing now besides complaining :P
    I'll call your bluff, this is simply not possible, maybe with GS gear but i doubt that as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast