+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Post 1.1 DPs Spec. 750+ dps

Default Post 1.1 DPs Spec. 750+ dps

Take 2 on this . Last time I posted it, no one seemed interested, but since we're in the hereafter of sab nerf, here you go again.

Dps Chart 1:

http://bayimg.com/HaEmdAADM

Dps Chart 2:

http://bayimg.com/jAeMLAadM

Spec :

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....V0tMb.0VRcxob

I've had problems with the link working to Zam before.

This is a melee ranger build. It takes advantage of all the + dmg % abilities of NB/Assassin and Ranger. As well as the 2cp builders in Assassin and NB.

The Rotation is a bit tricky. You try to keep headshot buff up ( 1 minute duration, pretty easy ), Fiery Spike , ( little harder ), Piercing Shot ( It's getting harder ), and Puncture Bleed ( not for the lazy macro masher warrior ).

As DpS Chart 2 shows, we do cross the 900dps threshold quite often.

Truth be told this build requires a lot of attention to maintain, but it's rewarding for it, and it only grows exponentially in a group as the main dmg is % based, rather than base dmg, so debuffs, buffs, and so on have a higher growth. You will have +35% dmg at all times.

I have :

394 atp
    622 phys crit - ( 36.55% with talents )
    177 hit

2x 29.2 dps weapons

Enjoy testing.

~Satyrnos
    Satyr-knows Best!
    Satyrnos - 50 Rogue - Shatterbone
    Religion - XX Warrior - Shatterbone

Telaran

with only 32 point into ranger in a raid say bye bye to your pet in 2 seconds

Telaran

I assume you're moving out of melee to headshot/piercing shot? Sounds really complicated.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Footsz View Post
    I assume you're moving out of melee to headshot/piercing shot? Sounds really complicated.
    or we can just re-roll a warrior to do 900 dps without needing to solve some kind of god damn relativity physics equation

Shadowlander

nah, it's just working as intended that as a rogue you're forced to do complicated things while other callings can do more dps by spamming a macro
    Long time ago, on Daoc Caerleon cluster
    Sharteel, Hero <Legionaries>
    Zandes, Druid <Legionaries>
    Ybelid, Eldritch <Legionaries>

Telaran

Testing on a dummy, there's a roughly 2 meter window we can stand in and do melee + ranged attacks.

Obviously this wouldn't work on most any real boss fight.

Shadowlander

I applaud your creativity I will check this out for melee friendly encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by SharTeel View Post
    nah, it's just working as intended that as a rogue you're forced to do complicated things while other callings can do more dps by spamming a macro
    yea, why is it we have to take rediculous actions to do any dps? like moving into melee to autoattack as a sab? i mean wtf?

why cant our souls do what their supposed to do?
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Testing on a dummy, there's a roughly 2 meter window we can stand in and do melee + ranged attacks.

actually- having ranger in my PVE tank spec- there is a window where i can tank the boss and still get in headshots. I generally dont worry too much about it since guardian phase makes headshot hit for like 350 at best, but just saying... you can always jump while holding back and spamming your headshot/ranged finisher and it will go off as soon you are in ranged range....

I noticed this as well...though my dps report doesn't abuse it. I actually weave in and out to try and be accurate.

I'm sorry to those who want a perfectly viable range spec that does warrior dps. I doubt it'll happen. We didn't even have it with pre-nerf Sab, even less likely after. Warriors have to be in melee. So will we. We do have the advantage of this spec being able to do ranged dmg....Fiery Spike does Procc serrated blades on crits as well, so you'll be able to keep up your dot dmg for the most part. Warriors don't have that luxury of doing the majority of their dmg from the safety of ranged like we can. I'll come back with some expert numbers if you'd like later.
    Satyr-knows Best!
    Satyrnos - 50 Rogue - Shatterbone
    Religion - XX Warrior - Shatterbone

Champion of Telara

Ranger based specs are the new "Best dummy dps"

There is also the 26 NB/23 Ranger/ 17 Sin spec

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...00zc.VhxM0Vx0o

Not sure about the Nightblade stuff..you can take 1 point from Melted Skin..put it on Twilight Force i guess.

Which is basically around the same concept.

The rogue that i talked with and tried this spec was at 780 DPS on the dummy and he has some serious gear and stuff.. Essences from raid rifts.. Greenscale items..rest T2.

He said later in the raid it didnt perform that great as expected..but need to test myself..In the dummy its really strong..but in most fights in T2 pet will never be alive..i

In raids it will probably be since there isnt so much anti-melee..and you can pull it out at Duke.

I will stick with the 42(43)NB (Twilight force or not)/17(18) Sin/6 ranger for now..rotation is easier ;D
    Last edited by potis; 03-30-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Rift Disciple

Wait. So why are so many rogues crying? This looks like good damage.

Champion of Telara

Cause its theory damage and in raids/groups its much different.

Sabo's in dummies pulled 750-820 DPS

Add raid buffs you are supposed to be at 900-1k.

Some cases you were..Some others you werent..It scaled from 750 to 1k depending on the fight.

Now it goes from 650 to 750 in ranger theory dummy specs..and in raids its gonna be even lower if the pet remains alive its gonna be okay..but most cases it doesnt in T2's and raids. not with the 1 shot it gets from anything.

As i said above..Raids dont have such huge anti-melee..you can pull it out at duke etc..but still.

And warriors are pulling 900-950 on the dummy..with a couple of buttons :>
    Last edited by potis; 03-30-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Cause its theory damage and in raids/groups its much different.

Sabo's in dummies pulled 750-820 DPS

Add raid buffs you are supposed to be at 900-1k.

Some cases you were..Some others you werent..It scaled from 750 to 1k depending on the fight.

Now it goes from 650 to 750 in sepcs and in raids its gonna be even lower.

And warriors are pulling 900-950 on the dummy..with a couple of buttons :>
    How do you know what you were SUPPOSED to be at. The majority of souls in both mage and rogue were hitting down at the 500 mark.

I'm thinking that maybe the 500 mark was where sab was SUPPOSED to be at but was a bit too powerful. Warriors have got a slight nerf as well and will be seeing further nerfs in future I assume, along with clerics.

Quote Originally Posted by Anost View Post
    Wait. So why are so many rogues crying? This looks like good damage.
    Do you not understand what the OP is having to do to maintain that?
    He is using a ranged spec in melee range while dancing into and out of melee range to keep buffs up, and, while doing this in a raid environment would also have to micro a pet.

We are being forced into these bat**** insane specs and playstyles to be 10-15% behind every other classes DPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast