+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is the purpose of rogues ATM?

Default What is the purpose of rogues ATM?

I've already canceled my sub, but I am looking for a reason to come back. I really do enjoy the game, but I don't want to have to re-level and re-gear another character.

After the patch note here is what I see

Melee DPS - Warriors are pulling 20-40% more than rogues.
    Ranged DPS - Mages are pulling 10-20% more than rogues.
    Support - Who wants a bard over a chloro/archon? Been like this from day 1 though
    Tanking - Warriors again pull out ahead here due to the scaling of block

What is it that rogues are viable in?

Merc - 50 Rogue - Briarcliff
    Sin - Sab - Sab - Rift

Telaran

Nothing. Im not trolling im serious. Yes i am mad as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    The problem with Warriors is that there is no give and take.
    While other class have to decide, "Hrrmm....do I want more health and decreased damage? Or more damage and less survivability? Or sacrifice some for a stun/cc?",
    The Warriors just get to say, "ooohlookiehere! I'll take some more Damage here, some improved survivability here, and some extra aoe-CC and a few stuns here. Hell, lets throw in a charge and some Burst-AoE damage while we're at it. Maybe a self-heal too. Sounds good!"
    That's the problem.

Shadowlander

rogue's purpose is to reroll mages, make the servers' populations consist of 0% rogues, and let trion understand that they ****ed up class balance
    Long time ago, on Daoc Caerleon cluster
    Sharteel, Hero <Legionaries>
    Zandes, Druid <Legionaries>
    Ybelid, Eldritch <Legionaries>

Rogue ATM? I am guessing you can make deposiits and withdrawls and also check account balance. Used to be you had to worry about someone coming up from behind to steal your stuff, but don't worry, the messed up stealth, you will see them a mile away.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

Obviously we're meant to be the best gatherers. stealth+ 2 saps

Quote Originally Posted by DocRx View Post
    Obviously we're meant to be the best gatherers. stealth+ 2 saps
    Actually they nerfed that. Used to be the best gatherers.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

Quote Originally Posted by walkerr View Post
    Nothing. Im not trolling im serious. Yes i am mad as well.

pretty much this. i'm gonna re roll and hope it holds my attention.

Telaran

Our main role is lurking the Rift forums hoping for good news...

Soulwalker

hey mate,

rogues are good , and if you cant kill anything your obviously not playing the class right. u either have a bad setup of souls, or you have speced wrong or your generaly just crap.

rogues OWN in pvp, i rarely ever die and get at least 10+ full out right kills on all diffrent types of classes including warriors.

in PVE rogues also are extreamly versitile, what other class can stealth past 20 mobs to get to that quest one right at the back with out having to spend 20 minutes fighting everything to get to it?

with the amount of Stuns and other attacking imparing effects rogues have, its quiet easy to solo up to 4 mobs +1 lvl to you.

rogues are extremly usefull also in instances, they have good LONG stuns for crowd control, ( if your group marks) they can stealth into a area and mark everything so every one knows what to attack,

rogues can offer lots of stuns through out fights to ease the healers job and make it easyer for him/her to heal.

so either learn to play your class correctly or ask for help in how to play a rogue. don't come on the forums crying that rogues suck. cause they honestly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    I've already canceled my sub, but I am looking for a reason to come back. I really do enjoy the game, but I don't want to have to re-level and re-gear another character.

After the patch note here is what I see

Melee DPS - Warriors are pulling 20-40% more than rogues.
    Ranged DPS - Mages are pulling 10-20% more than rogues.
    Support - Who wants a bard over a chloro/archon? Been like this from day 1 though
    Tanking - Warriors again pull out ahead here due to the scaling of block

What is it that rogues are viable in?
    If you really do enjoy the game, why did you cancel? Just because other archetypes are outperforming you? You can level a toon from 1-50 in a week - 2 if playing a bit more conservatively. Getting gear doesn't take long either.

So really what is your problem?

Soulwalker

Default Rogue's Purpose

Our purpose is what its always been "getting the band back together....we're on a mission from god"

So just sit in town get the band back together and play some good music some buffs come in =)

Quote Originally Posted by sinester200 View Post
    hey mate,

rogues are good , and if you cant kill anything your obviously not playing the class right. u either have a bad setup of souls, or you have speced wrong or your generaly just crap.

rogues OWN in pvp, i rarely ever die and get at least 10+ full out right kills on all diffrent types of classes including warriors.

in PVE rogues also are extreamly versitile, what other class can stealth past 20 mobs to get to that quest one right at the back with out having to spend 20 minutes fighting everything to get to it?

with the amount of Stuns and other attacking imparing effects rogues have, its quiet easy to solo up to 4 mobs +1 lvl to you.

rogues are extremly usefull also in instances, they have good LONG stuns for crowd control, ( if your group marks) they can stealth into a area and mark everything so every one knows what to attack,

rogues can offer lots of stuns through out fights to ease the healers job and make it easyer for him/her to heal.

so either learn to play your class correctly or ask for help in how to play a rogue. don't come on the forums crying that rogues suck. cause they honestly don't.
    Simply amazing coming from someone with 1 post. Either you are level 7, or you rolled a non-rogue.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

Eventually they'll just take away all of our skills. The only skill we'll have left is stealth. Nothing else.

Because stealth is just that powerful.

Yeah, I gotta say, I rolled a rogue, and I'm never lookin back. I love playing a rogue. I don't care if its not the best in anything, theyre enjoyable to play. If you play just to be the best, then you need to play a different game clearly. Granted there are things you can do to make yourself better, but as the saying goes, they're a jack of all trades, master of none.

I wish people would suck it up and stop being such a cupcake. They give you like 7 character slots. Roll up 4 characters, a Rogue, a Warrior, a Cleric, and a Mage. Play them as you will. When you stop having fun with one, try the other. Odds are, they can't nerf them all.

Either that, or ...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast