+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sab Nerf = Rogues suck now?? Why?

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default Sab Nerf = Rogues suck now?? Why?

    I know sabs got nerfed pretty hard (some say balanced, some say nerf, but moot point)... I am trying to follow the corollary on it though... Why does Sab Nerf = Rogues Suck now? I was doing pretty good damage with my Ranger/Assassin/Riftstalker (but then again, I look at more than pure dps, there is also survivability while DPS'ing)... and... I am still doing pretty good DPS while enjoying just as much survivability...

    Out of 4 characters (one for each class), my rogue is my 2nd most enjoyable (Cleric, Rogue, Warrior, Mage)... for having riftstalker in my set of 3 (and a good portion of my points in it), I would expect low DPS if any at all from all I have read on these forums... yet in a group of 5 (two rogues, a warrior, a cleric, a mage), I am getting around 120 DPS + pet with 20 DPS consistently, while the top person besides me is getting around 85-90 total...

    So why does the sab nerf = rogues suck? The broken class got fixed (maybe a bit heavier than it should, but still fixed from being just plain absurdly broken) and this has made a ton of rogues say that rogue as a whole is useless now...

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    lmao at Sabo tears.

    WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE CANT 1 SHOT PEOPLE ANYMORE!? ZOMGOSH

    Play a different spec with a real playstyle behind it. Stop being a little *****. Sabo soul should have been deleted in the conference room a year ago.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched ShinChan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pelham , AL
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosho View Post
    lmao at Sabo tears.

    WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE CANT 1 SHOT PEOPLE ANYMORE!? ZOMGOSH

    Play a different spec with a real playstyle behind it. Stop being a little *****. Sabo soul should have been deleted in the conference room a year ago.


    Hey I missed the one shot ability sabs have/had , can you point that out ? I mean you're saying there's a one button ability that alone does that with the term one shot - so you can't mean having to load up 5 charges and then detonate because that's a 6 shot.

    Where was/is this one shot ability sabs have ?
    You can be a mature player and still have fun , you can not like 733t/spammer types and still not take everything too serious. Wanting to play without idiots named "pwnsauce" spamming chat about WoW is not that outlandish.

  4. #4
    Rift Master Selo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    660

    Default

    you know people only see numbers flowing over their heads, and the bigger they are the more they should be nerfed

    people dont care about that it happens in 6 seconds and does less damage then what most classes can do in 6 seconds
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosho View Post
    lmao at Sabo tears.

    WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE CANT 1 SHOT PEOPLE ANYMORE!? ZOMGOSH

    Play a different spec with a real playstyle behind it. Stop being a little *****. Sabo soul should have been deleted in the conference room a year ago.
    Whoa... I have no deals with the sabs... Great concept: Bombing, placing mines, etc... is a really cool concept... and yes, all their damage is going to be at one time by default due to how the concept works of placing mines/charges and all...

    I don't see so much to cry about though... they were doing 1.8X what they should have been doing, and got nerfed/fixed in half... so now are doing like 0.9X what they should... so yes, I'd be a bit miffed, but it doesn't mean, "it sucks so much, OMG I wanna commit suicide and delete my character!!! OH the WORLD SUCKS NOW!!!"

    Geez, I'm a parent, if one of my girls does this, my response is simple, "Drama Queen Much?" Take a chill pill people, the game isn't over, and it isn't like you were crippled... you are doing probably about as much as an Assassin is right now (who btw, has been asking for a DPS increase since the game started, so take a ticket and get in line man! lol)... you are now joining the crowd of rogues who do 0.9X what they should be doing, and have still been playing just fine and poking the devs periodically to ask for that slight bump in DPS

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara briskojr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Maybe because there were so many rogues, they figured they'd draw more numbers to mages who are maybe underplayed? No idea.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Funny part is i play a rogue and never played sab in pvp and never saw them as a problem. Sure they do TONS of damage at some random point but whenever i was being attacked by a sabo I knew by the first or second charge and reacted accordingly. It wasnt hard.

    And the sabo nerf is not what people are complaining about, people are complaining that rogues suck in every way shape and form. PvE. There not that good pvp but you can still own people

  8. #8
    Rift Master Selo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoe View Post
    Whoa... I have no deals with the sabs... Great concept: Bombing, placing mines, etc... is a really cool concept... and yes, all their damage is going to be at one time by default due to how the concept works of placing mines/charges and all...

    I don't see so much to cry about though... they were doing 1.8X what they should have been doing, and got nerfed/fixed in half... so now are doing like 0.9X what they should... so yes, I'd be a bit miffed, but it doesn't mean, "it sucks so much, OMG I wanna commit suicide and delete my character!!! OH the WORLD SUCKS NOW!!!"

    Geez, I'm a parent, if one of my girls does this, my response is simple, "Drama Queen Much?" Take a chill pill people, the game isn't over, and it isn't like you were crippled... you are doing probably about as much as an Assassin is right now (who btw, has been asking for a DPS increase since the game started, so take a ticket and get in line man! lol)... you are now joining the crowd of rogues who do 0.9X what they should be doing, and have still been playing just fine and poking the devs periodically to ask for that slight bump in DPS
    How is doing less damage as a sab then warrior and mage prenerf, all while having less selfbuffs, groupbuffs, hp, selfheals, cc and mitigation 1.8x what they should do?

    after patch their doing 0,6x of what they shoulddo
    Last edited by Selo; 03-30-2011 at 04:09 PM.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Sabo was the only spec that could come close to Warrior DPS. Nothing else was remotely close. And even with the Warrior nerfs, they still do more damage than any Rogue build currently. And with the Mage buffs, Rogues are now sitting in 4th place in DPS (yes, Clerics have higher DPS than Rogues do at lvl 50).

    GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briskojr View Post
    Maybe because there were so many rogues, they figured they'd draw more numbers to mages who are maybe underplayed? No idea.
    I honestly think this is why theyr messing with rogues so much.

    Just make them so horrible than the numbers drop.

  11. #11
    Telaran SmokeyGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Patch downloading now.

    I play a Marksman main with a bit of Bladedancer and Assassin thrown in for Poisons Crit & Dex buffs.

    What drives me nuts is standing at range and trading shots with a Riftblade! There's no way a warrior class should out dps a dedicated ranged spec, even a warrior class with a dash of ranged ability. But prepatch this happened consistently, or at least, the warrior has the armor & health to soak up far more damage.

    I'm very interested to see what the Riftblade landscape looks like post patch.
    Last edited by SmokeyGB; 03-30-2011 at 04:16 PM.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Natsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    Hey I missed the one shot ability sabs have/had , can you point that out ? I mean you're saying there's a one button ability that alone does that with the term one shot - so you can't mean having to load up 5 charges and then detonate because that's a 6 shot.

    Where was/is this one shot ability sabs have ?
    I love people who use this argument. It is considered a one shot when skillboteurs crit for 5k. There is no prior damage until the detonate so yes, if someone dies, technically it's one shotting someone.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natsu View Post
    I love people who use this argument. It is considered a one shot when skillboteurs crit for 5k. There is no prior damage until the detonate so yes, if someone dies, technically it's one shotting someone.
    That you build over the course of 5-6 GCDs. Excuse me while I hop on my warrior alt and blow up an entire ****ing team within the same span of time. Titan's Strike/Bladefury/Perfect Timing FTW. Now with new and improved Strike Like Iron buffs. Mmmmm.

    On another note, while Saboteurs needed adjustment of some sort, healing is now completely out of control. Just did a Codex earlier where we stalemated at the vault for literally 10 minutes during which absolutely nobody even came close to dying since both teams had 5+ clerics, so we all started making jokes cross faction about how broken healing is. I predict that within a couple weeks everybody will be clamoring for healing nerfs, which will never happen due to Trion being lazy and unable to balance it separately for PvE/PvP.

    Ask and ye shall receive. All hail our new healbot overlords.

    EDIT - good healers were difficult to kill even with two Saboteurs focusing firing them prepatch, as they have about a million and one damage mitigation cooldowns they can blow if they build right. It's just laughable now. Expect to find yourselves fighting groups with 5+ healers where nobody ever dies soon, and remember all the nerfs you clamored for when you come onto the forum to throw a hissy fit about it.
    Last edited by Maderas; 03-30-2011 at 04:27 PM.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maderas View Post
    That you build over the course of 5-6 GCDs. Excuse me while I hop on my warrior alt and blow up an entire ****ing team within the same span of time. Titan's Strike/Bladefury/Perfect Timing FTW. Now with new and improved Strike Like Iron buffs. Mmmmm.

    On another note, while Saboteurs needed adjustment of some sort, healing is now completely out of control. Just did a Codex earlier where we stalemated at the vault for literally 10 minutes during which absolutely nobody even came close to dying since both teams had 5+ clerics, so we all started making jokes cross faction about how broken healing is. I predict that within a couple weeks everybody will be clamoring for healing nerfs, which will never happen due to Trion being lazy and unable to balance it separately for PvE/PvP.

    Ask and ye shall receive. All hail our new healbot overlords.

    EDIT - good healers were difficult to kill even with two Saboteurs focusing firing them prepatch, as they have about a million and one damage mitigation cooldowns they can blow if they build right. It's just laughable now. Expect to find yourselves fighting groups with 5+ healers where nobody ever dies soon, and remember all the nerfs you clamored for when you come onto the forum to throw a hissy fit about it.
    So, what you are saying is that healers are OP now? I'm trying to piece together what you are saying... Sabs got nerfed/fixed, healers have stayed pretty much the same btw... I play a healer as my main, and rogue as my second love... from everything I have read, playing a sab is very macroable, allowing the player to simply throw their charges on the target over and over until BOOM! lots of damage...

    Healers, on the other hand (even more so for PVP than PVE) have a tremendously fun time of not being able to macro... if they do, it better be a very easy simple walkthrough of a dungeon... Reasons you can't just macro as a healer: if the DPS happens to do just that amount of damage needed to break the threat-lock on the tank, you need to be on your toes and heal them quick, if unintentional adds show up, you need to watch the group for a few seconds while the tank regains control, if the enemy starts on a great streak of luck hitting crit after crit you gotta make sure to start dropping the big heals instead, maybe drop a shield or something to help prevent damage on the tank... Playing a healer is a constant ebbing and flowing maelstrom of chaos... very stressful and very fun...

    In PVP it is WAY worse... because people are constantly running all over the place, chasing after who knows what (rogues, mages, clerics, warriors, butterflies...) so you now have to add into watching the lives of an imperfect group of people that you most likely have never grouped with before, that you have to chase after them like a parent hauling after a kid gone crazy in a candy store... So, yeah, let me know when you have to bring that sort of skill, patience, tolerance, and luck to the table as a sab with their 6 cast fun-times (only gotta use a few skills, always the same rotations, can be macroed, and only have to worry about one enemy at a time)... sheesh... Yeah, Healers are WAY too powerful...

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts