+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.1 Feedback

Telaran

Thumbs down Patch 1.1 Feedback

I play a rogue(50) main, I'm not the best rogue or the worst. I'm going to try and stay unbiased but at the same time I feel the recent string of nerfs have crossed the line. The changes have been sweeping changes that effect everyone. The classes should not be dichotomized as being OP so quickly. They do different things and should be treated as such.

I do play a rogue so I know more about it and can actually comment on it.

Firstly: AoE heals got hit hard, and this applies to other classes as well. Basically, you are punishing a class for doing what it was designed to do. Support classes should support the raid. Rogues could still make reasonable healing numbers due to the fact that they could heal everyone for a small amount. Now, we are limited to 5-10 depending on the spell. But it's op for PvP? Clerics are OP for healing tanks in PvE, I want them nerfed so I can heal tanks with my Rogue. That doesn't sound reasonable, and yet that the approach being taken with rogues and the like for their "OP" AoE heals. How is this fair?

Saboteur also got hit. I haven't run a parser on the dummy yet but I'm hearing bad things. I really don't understand the logic in this. IMO Saboteur was not overpowered in the first place, why nerf it? Sounds like a lot of people complaining that they got blown up. Somebody applied 5 charges and detonated you without you noticing. It seems more likely that some people are BAD, and dismiss that as someone else being "OP". Heres a tip; tick tick tick = kill the sab or **** of range.

Boosted recovery was also nerfed a little while ago. The excuse was to bring it in line with warriors. Well warriors have plate armor and a shield. Correct me if im wrong, but block scales much better than Rift Guard?

The more likely story is that it made killing rogues in PvP somewhat difficult and Trion caved to more crying. But reducing it by 80%? Why couldn't they just move it to the Riftstalker tree a little ways up, It could boost our HP and incoming heals while tanking at the same time.

It seems that stealth is also a target now. I imagine from more crying about being ganked.

TLDR, stop nerfing the bloody game and embrace the fact that all of the classes are different. Seeing as the pitch of this game was variety/versatility why is it becoming a cookie cutter class based game?
    Last edited by monkeyleader; 03-30-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyleader View Post
    I play a rogue(50) main, I'm not the best rogue or the worst. I'm going to try and stay unbiased but at the same time I feel the recent string of nerfs have crossed the line. The changes have been sweeping changes that effect everyone. The classes should not be dichotomized as being OP so quickly. They do different things and should be treated as such.

Firstly: AoE heals got hit hard, and this applies to other classes as well. Basically, you are punishing a class for doing what it was designed to do. Support classes should support the raid. Rogues could still make reasonable healing numbers due to the fact that they could heal everyone for a small amount. Now, we are limited to 5-10 depending on the spell. But it's op for PvP? Clerics are OP for healing tanks in PvE, I want them nerfed so I can heal tanks with my Rogue. That doesn't sound reasonable, and yet that the approach being taken with rogues and the like for their "OP" AoE heals. How is this fair?

Saboteur also got hit. I haven't run a parser on the dummy yet but I'm hearing bad things. I really don't understand the logic in this. IMO Saboteur was not overpowered in the first place, why nerf it? Sounds like a lot of people complaining that they got blown up. Somebody applied 5 charges and detonated you without you noticing. It seems more likely that some people are BAD, and dismiss that as someone else being "OP". Heres a tip; tick tick tick = kill the sab or **** of range.

Boosted recovery was also nerfed a little while ago. The excuse was to bring it in line with warriors. Well warriors have plate armor and a shield. Correct me if im wrong, but block scales much better than Rift Guard?

The more likely story is that it made killing rogues in PvP somewhat difficult and Trion caved to more crying. But reducing it by 80%? Why couldn't they just move it to the Riftstalker tree a little ways up, It could boost our HP and incoming heals while tanking at the same time.

It seems that stealth is also a target now. I imagine from more crying about being ganked.

TLDR, stop nerfing the bloody game and embrace the fact that all of the classes are different. Seeing as the pitch of this game was variety/versatility why is it becoming a cookie cutter class based game?
    +1 lol thats why i canceled my subscribtion :P

Champion

Sabo was OP in PvP. There is no denying that. In my Tier 2 purples, I would 1-shot almost any Mage/Rogue, sometimes a Cleric, even a Warrior if I was lucky with crits.

The spike damage of Sabo needed to be scaled back. Unfortunately, they did it at the expense of sustained DPS as well.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Champion

ROFL, this post and mentality is great.... see ya later boss, this game was clearly a little too lofty for you b/c you're clearly confused

PS. No, I won't hold your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyleader View Post

I updated and logged into the game today. Was out in the wilderness, so first thing I do is hit stealth. I was typing in chat to find out about the events supposed to start and had two mobs killing me. I died, rez'd, rebuffed and went back into stealth. I was checking the boards for more event updates, when a foothold took over my respawn point and I was dead again. I thought hmmmm, I guess I forgot to go into stealth, thats twice. So I was going to grind some mobs while I waited for someone in guild to respond to a question. I stealth up, approach a mob two levels under me, and he spins around and attacks me. I tried about 5 more times. Couldnt keep stealth up on a mob period. THis is with 40 points in assassin, improved stealth, silent footseps etc... Anyway, I find it hard to believe nobody noticed this in alpha,which means 1 of two things. 1. Its working as intended, or 2. Not one person plays rogue souls on the Dev team. Or if they did, they made a sab and a bard to make sure they fixed them enough.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vokan View Post
    I updated and logged into the game today. Was out in the wilderness, so first thing I do is hit stealth. I was typing in chat to find out about the events supposed to start and had two mobs killing me. I died, rez'd, rebuffed and went back into stealth. I was checking the boards for more event updates, when a foothold took over my respawn point and I was dead again. I thought hmmmm, I guess I forgot to go into stealth, thats twice. So I was going to grind some mobs while I waited for someone in guild to respond to a question. I stealth up, approach a mob two levels under me, and he spins around and attacks me. I tried about 5 more times. Couldnt keep stealth up on a mob period. THis is with 40 points in assassin, improved stealth, silent footseps etc... Anyway, I find it hard to believe nobody noticed this in alpha,which means 1 of two things. 1. Its working as intended, or 2. Not one person plays rogue souls on the Dev team. Or if they did, they made a sab and a bard to make sure they fixed them enough.
    Dev tracker buddy.... Dev tracker.

I want perfect game balance that WoW hasn't been able to achieve in 7 years, AND I WANT IT NAO!

Yea... sure. ok.

I have to agree on the healing nerf, I really don't see the point to decreasing an already small channeled heal. At best we could minimize AoE damage from the enemy, now it seems we're only helping the hardest hit 5 members, which is fine if you're in a regular group... but doesn't go all that far in a raid group.

Firstly: AoE heals got hit hard, and this applies to other classes as well. Basically, you are punishing a class for doing what it was designed to do. Support classes should support the raid. Rogues could still make reasonable healing numbers due to the fact that they could heal everyone for a small amount. Now, we are limited to 5-10 depending on the spell. But it's op for PvP? Clerics are OP for healing tanks in PvE, I want them nerfed so I can heal tanks with my Rogue. That doesn't sound reasonable, and yet that the approach being taken with rogues and the like for their "OP" AoE heals. How is this fair? <--

.. this annoyed me to no end, that you would nerf this.. Only an idiot would assume that huge number at the end of the game mattered.. Sure Im healing ' EVERYONE' for 40 or so damage a tick.. A cleric an easily throw up a 1.7k single heal.. Guess whats more usefull in PvP.. When people are dropping aoes that do 300+ a tick, a 40 points boost (that builds up to a 300 point single use heal that eats my combo points) its a drop in the bucket.. Its nice when you have a cleric spot healing to really keep people up, or when your fighting a group with no clue how to fight.. But in reality utter CRAP.. Just like trying ot heal in a instance, I stand ZERO chance of keeping someone up unless they are over-leveled or over-geared.. First ' oh crap moment ' an im stuck smashing buttons trying to get 5 combo points for my ' monster heal ' .. Meh

Dont be a crappy programmer an put a limit on targets, put a limit on the damn range.. So people are forced to group around you if they want the strum strum!
    Mordathikorinthia Rogue (bard/ranger) (signature test till I can fix something up)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    Sabo was OP in PvP. There is no denying that. In my Tier 2 purples, I would 1-shot almost any Mage/Rogue, sometimes a Cleric, even a Warrior if I was lucky with crits.

The spike damage of Sabo needed to be scaled back. Unfortunately, they did it at the expense of sustained DPS as well.
    This is pretty accurate. Even when I was 47, I was critting for 3700 with self buffs. If that didn't kill them, 1 more charge and a detonate usually would.The initial burst was a tad much, but they really screwed it up now.

The stealth bug/change is beyond infuriating though. All of the Sin's damage and survivability is based off that and they ****ed it up.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    ROFL, this post and mentality is great.... see ya later boss, this game was clearly a little too lofty for you b/c you're clearly confused

PS. No, I won't hold your hand.
    You are a troll and what is wrong with games like this, go back to 4chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
    I want perfect game balance that WoW hasn't been able to achieve in 7 years, AND I WANT IT NAO!

Yea... sure. ok.
    My point was actually the opposite, the game will never be balanced. DEAL WITH IT AND STOP SCREWING AROUND

Telaran

I am Glad to see other saying this As well Trion has DESTROYED Rogues and it makes me sick in early beta this game was Allot of fun and gm's/Trion gave a **** about u. now that they are live they are HAMMERING rogues into the ground making us a worthless class with no reason to play them i am on the verg of canceling my account too Trion Pull your head out of you butt (cant sware u know what u mean) and Realize your Going to lose people because your nerfing a very popular class.

-- and to those out there that post of there is nothing wrong, stop qqin, and glad to see u cancel your account i have this to say **** no one wants opinions like yours stop trolling and go back to your OP warrior and DONT comment on the rouge fourms!!!

And to Those that say well tell whats wrong Heres Whats Wrong
    -All Abilitys cost WAY to much energy (warriors use 10-20 for a ability we use 30-60)
    -Damage is WAY to low in ALL trees
    -The MM tree, The pedestal u stand on it 30% Buff to damage sweet but WHEN IN A RAID DO U EVER STAND STILL!!!!!! FAIL TRION (o and 30% boost and Dps still SUXS)

Soulwalker

Alot of people complaining about AoE heal being nerfed to the ground and asking why they should keep playing a support class with that nerf.... W.T.F.... Support doesn't means HEALER... it means support. A bard pre-patch 1.1 is able to outheal a cleric Warden while buffing everyone. Where's the support? All I see is a healer rogue... Now bard will be able to heal 5 people at the same time while buffing. If that is not support for you, then tell me your definition.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Heloryan View Post
    Alot of people complaining about AoE heal being nerfed to the ground and asking why they should keep playing a support class with that nerf.... W.T.F.... Support doesn't means HEALER... it means support. A bard pre-patch 1.1 is able to outheal a cleric Warden while buffing everyone. Where's the support? All I see is a healer rogue... Now bard will be able to heal 5 people at the same time while buffing. If that is not support for you, then tell me your definition.
    Bard can't main heal any PvE instance.

That is the definition of support. You support the Cleric, because you can't do it by yourself.

People need to stop freaking out at the big healing numbers Bards can get in WFs. It's just like early Warhammer when Magus was putting up insane DPS numbers because all of their USELESS DoT skills that literally did not kill anyone or help in any way, shape, or form.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Telaran

I FInd it so Funny people saying Sab was Op No It was not use your Head i know its hard for you trolls but it takes 8 second for me to place all my charges and detonate and yah i can burst u down to almost no hp but now here is the part where u have to think if a warrior. mage or any other rogue class could do all there damage over 8 seconds at once they would hit just as hard!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast