+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mages vs Rogues (PvE)

Telaran

Default Mages vs Rogues (PvE)

Quoting from http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea....1-DPS-Testing

Necrolock - DPS / Breakdown - 889 sustained. No burst

51 Archon - DPS / Breakdown - 795.8 sustained. Burst over 900.

Pyro/Ele - DPS / Breakdown - 899 sustained. Burst over 1500.

SC/Ele - DPS / Breakdown - 929 sustained. Burst over 1500.

Chloro/Archon - DPS / Breakdown - 550 sustained. No burst.
    As a reminder, best rogue DPS specs post 1.1 are doing around 680 dps as NB with mostly T2 stuff, on non moving non aoe'ing targets.

So to sum it up :

Mage DPS specs are 200 dps ahead the best rogue single target DPS spec.
    Full support spec is 100 dps ahead our best DPS specs.
    Support/Heal spec is 100 dps behind our dps Specs and like what...350 dps ahead bard specs doing DPS.

Could we get charge booster back ? a fix to MM ? and viable melee specs ? please ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sitar; 03-30-2011 at 02:32 PM.

LOL. Chloro, the mage HEALING soul, doing more dps than half of the rogue dps souls. GG Trion, GG.
    Legionnaire Sev R5 Defiant
    Let him who desires peace prepare for war.
    Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    (~375 AD)

Telaran

I still can't believe what I'm seeing with this patch

Nerf overkill i bet tons have canceled stupid mmos always listen to the ****ing nubs on forums crying at every skill you just really ****ed up a very good game but they wont listen G ****ing G trion
    Rorschach
    Briarcliff Sever(PvP)
    Rouge
    http://www.revogaming.org/index.php

Champion

I'm doing 750 sustained DPS with a 51 assassin build.

Granted, my gear is probably the best you can currently equip without getting Greenscale drops. I have ~33% crit.

And that still isn't as much DPS as the "nerfed" BM/Champ build. Just fyi.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 03-30-2011 at 03:06 PM.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Shadowlander

this is what happens when you have monkeys testing stuff and listen to whines
    Long time ago, on Daoc Caerleon cluster
    Sharteel, Hero <Legionaries>
    Zandes, Druid <Legionaries>
    Ybelid, Eldritch <Legionaries>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SharTeel View Post
    this is what happens when you have monkeys testing stuff and listen to whines
    They have monkeys testing balance because Trion is off playing wow and simply don't have enough time to do both. Duh!

I'm primarily a mage (pre-1.1) and I can say the current condition of rogues for PVE is stupid. I have a rogue alt which I experiment with builds on between the ranged and melee souls and I found them lacking too. Marksman hits for less then what my elementalist mage did at the same level (and I don't want to hear people say because MM has things like On the Double and Repelling Shot that this justifies poor sustained DPS and lack of burst in situations that warrant it.). My melee builds which are more or less cookie cutters from long thread debates here feel just as weak. And this is all in regards to soloing content (not instances, not dungeons, SOLO content). I can't imagine the thought processes going on in the heads of the developers at Trion, but I can take a guess that they don't have a dedicated Q/A testing team that actually takes the time to play the souls they're nerfing/buffing otherwise Pyromancer would've taken a hit in DPS just like Champion (it should and I hope it will, because it's a crutch in PVP and it's useless in PVE where sustained DPS counts).

So, all of you who keep playing RIFT and the rogue calling have my sympathies. I'm not going to be subscribing past April 6th, it's just not worth the frustration, seriously. I got a stack of single player games that aren't as borked as RIFT that I can complete with less of a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyr View Post
    LOL. Chloro, the mage HEALING soul, doing more dps than half of the rogue dps souls. GG Trion, GG.
    See you in 1.2.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    I'm doing 750 sustained DPS with a 51 assassin build.

Granted, my gear is probably the best you can currently equip without getting Greenscale drops. I have ~33% crit.

And that still isn't as much DPS as the "nerfed" BM/Champ build. Just fyi.
    The problem is that assassin is not viable on many fights, or should I say viable, but will loose a lot of damage if you compare even to the nerf'd saboteur spec, because of the moving / aoe'ing / switching happening.

+ Reply to Thread