+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So rogues, is the game more fun now that everything is balanced?

Rift Chaser

Default So rogues, is the game more fun now that everything is balanced?

This is great right? My Marksman build is pulling just as much ranged dps as mages. Sabo was nerfed just a bit, but it's still doing as much dps as warriors. Oh and bladedancer is great now!
    Of course, for those fights where I can stand behind the boss a lot, nothing produces more dps then an assassin spamming backstab.
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

Marks got buffs? Marks had worse DPS then mages before the patch, and now after mages get buffed you say we have more dmg?

Soulwalker

can't tell if serious...

Shadowlander

Are you talking about level 20 or something? Prepatch warriors did more DPS, mages were about even with sabs. Post patch warriors do 2x rogues, mages almost the same.

0/10

/tenchar
    Legionnaire Sev R5 Defiant
    Let him who desires peace prepare for war.
    Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    (~375 AD)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
    Are you talking about level 20 or something? Prepatch warriors did more DPS, mages were about even with sabs. Post patch warriors do 2x rogues, mages almost the same.
    But everything is balanced now, so all classes are doing about the same amount of dps. Because everything is balanced after the balance patch.
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

Shield of Telara

people are not understanding the purpost of teh changes in this patch... the devs even said this patch was for fixing glaring bugs that made it impossible to adjust things for balance... now that some of teh gross bugs are fixed they can look at balance... things are not instant... just wait and things will get balanced...

and yeah Marks is a pile of donkey crap at a petting zoo... lots of kids play with it but its not a good idea to do it.

Sez

This is what happens in forums. Reality becomes distorted and no one can form any coherent thoughts, or understand simple statements.

You all have my pity.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Champion

I am glad that Sabo is not the only viable DPS spec now.

What sucks is that they did this by making Sabo bad, not by making anything else good.

We're still doing ~300 dps less than the "nerfed" BM/Champ spec. Once Paragon's Strike Like Iron is fixed, we'll be doing way less damage than them also.

So no, it's not balanced. They pulled Sabo back in, but they didn't address the problem.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    people are not understanding the purpost of teh changes in this patch... the devs even said this patch was for fixing glaring bugs that made it impossible to adjust things for balance... now that some of teh gross bugs are fixed they can look at balance... things are not instant... just wait and things will get balanced...

and yeah Marks is a pile of donkey crap at a petting zoo... lots of kids play with it but its not a good idea to do it.
    Thats nice, what should I do with my time while they take a deeper look on how to balance rogues, because it isnt obvious enough already.

Oh I know - cancel my sub (for now?) /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    This is what happens in forums. Reality becomes distorted and no one can form any coherent thoughts, or understand simple statements.

You all have my pity.

lol you are very funny!

Telaran

It's been less than a month since the game released, they're obviously trying to balance out souls, but you can't expect them to balance 24 souls in the first patch.

Obviously Mages and warriors were tweaked first, I expect tweaks to rogues and clerics next. 1 month into the game, on the cleanest release of an MMO I've ever seen, we've already seen 11 or 12 hotfix patches and now a major balance and content patch, and people are complaining and threatening to quit.....unbelievable.

In "that other game" you'd be lucky if you don't have to sit with balance issues for 4-5 months before they patch. Every other MMO I've played at release has had major game breaking bugs, massive balance issues, massive server stability and population issues and then spend the whole time playing catchup.

Trion's straight into balancing within the first month, you should be happy they're even paying attention to balance at this point.

Be patient, I've got every confidence rogues will be buffed soon.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOak View Post
    It's been less than a month since the game released, they're obviously trying to balance out souls, but you can't expect them to balance 24 souls in the first patch.

Obviously Mages and warriors were tweaked first, I expect tweaks to rogues and clerics next. 1 month into the game, on the cleanest release of an MMO I've ever seen, we've already seen 11 or 12 hotfix patches and now a major balance and content patch, and people are complaining and threatening to quit.....unbelievable.

In "that other game" you'd be lucky if you don't have to sit with balance issues for 4-5 months before they patch. Every other MMO I've played at release has had major game breaking bugs, massive balance issues, massive server stability and population issues and then spend the whole time playing catchup.

Trion's straight into balancing within the first month, you should be happy they're even paying attention to balance at this point.

Be patient, I've got every confidence rogues will be buffed soon.
    The issue is not that Trion isn't trying.

The issue is that Trion clearly aren't testing their own patches enough before they implement them.

Right now, a Cleric does more sustained DPS from range than a Saboteur. How does that even remotely make sense in terms of balance? Pyromancers were one of the strongest PvPers with the Ground Power skill, everyone lvl 50 knew this. Now they're even better. These are just two examples of all the things that are wrong with balance.

It shouldn't take the players on the live server to figure these things out. I don't know what Trion is doing in terms of in-house testing, but it needs... more work. Patches like these shouldn't be released, imo.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Soulwalker

LOL
    /10chars

Plane Touched

Since some devs here are from WAR, I hope rogues' fate wont be like shadow warriors in WAR, even after many months and balanced patches they are still DPSers who cannot DPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast