+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stealth broken???Trion please respond

Default Stealth broken???Trion please respond

I know someone started a thread like this already but it has turned into a name calling session between players...I'm looking for an answer from Trion

I believe stealth has been broken...here are my reasons
    Note i use an Assassin build with both perma stealth and the improvement to speed and detection

*I see nothing in the patch notes about changes to HOW the stealth machanic works
    *The only chance in the patch notes about stealth deals with a bug that allowed people to grief other players
    *Before the patch i could stealth and a mob my lvl or lower had no chance of seeing me..it didn't matter if i was infront of them or behind them
    *I'm a guardian player (lvl 37) and i've spoken to lvl 14 defiant players and they can see me from about 5 meters away if i'm moving (well outside of melee range) and from about 2 meters if i'm standing still
    *I know a higher lvl player will see you from farther away...but to see me from max skill range (35 meters) when i'm stealthed is crazy...This i have verified with a lvl 50 guild mate who dueled me
    *And finally for a lvl 9 mob to detect me from 2 meters away when i approch from behind him is also crazy (IMO)

Trion please respond...was this an unintended effect from fixin the bug or did you change HOW the stealth mechanic works...If so please put it in the patch notes

Thanks in advance
    www.sghq.com
    Rift Portal Duty Officer

Telaran

wow... and I thought their stealth was awful before the patch.

Man I hope they hotfix that mess.

Rift Disciple

This is almost a bigger nerf than the Sab one for me, if intended. I cancelled 4 days and have until the 4th before my time runs out. I was probably going to resub because the event sounds fun, but not if this stealth fix stays like this.

Too many death blows at once Trion. Now you are just costing yourself money.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by krispydude View Post
    This is almost a bigger nerf than the Sab one for me, if intended. I cancelled 4 days and have until the 4th before my time runs out. I was probably going to resub because the event sounds fun, but not if this stealth fix stays like this.

Too many death blows at once Trion. Now you are just costing yourself money.
    If they meant to do this then they'd have to be insane! Also, if they meant it, how could they forget to put it in the patch notes? (Unless of course I missed it while reading the notes)

If it is a bug... they will fix it...

I'm just trying to keep myself hopeful. Honestly though this is a bit upsetting.

Shadowlander

Irony...

In MMO lingo there is literally a term called "stealth nerf" which refers to a nerf that isn't documented in official notes, but is later discovered by players. So in this case there's a stealth nerf to stealth. Funny, yet sad irony at the same time. WTB an official post on this topic...

Quote Originally Posted by chriz2fer View Post
    Irony...

In MMO lingo there is literally a term called "stealth nerf" which refers to a nerf that isn't documented in official notes, but is later discovered by players. So in this case there's a stealth nerf to stealth. Funny, yet sad irony at the same time. WTB an official post on this topic...
    Good job skippy, feel free to call it a nerf when it may just be an unintended bug.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    There was a bug fix for an exploit regarding stealth players and aggroing (but not being attacked by) monsters.

That fix shouldn't have dramatically changed the player experience on Live, but we may have some un-intended consequences. We have sombody taking a look at it right now

-Gersh
    At least they are looking at it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanman0763 View Post
    I know someone started a thread like this already but it has turned into a name calling session between players...I'm looking for an answer from Trion

I believe stealth has been broken...here are my reasons
    Note i use an Assassin build with both perma stealth and the improvement to speed and detection

*I see nothing in the patch notes about changes to HOW the stealth machanic works
    *The only chance in the patch notes about stealth deals with a bug that allowed people to grief other players
    *Before the patch i could stealth and a mob my lvl or lower had no chance of seeing me..it didn't matter if i was infront of them or behind them
    *I'm a guardian player (lvl 37) and i've spoken to lvl 14 defiant players and they can see me from about 5 meters away if i'm moving (well outside of melee range) and from about 2 meters if i'm standing still
    *I know a higher lvl player will see you from farther away...but to see me from max skill range (35 meters) when i'm stealthed is crazy...This i have verified with a lvl 50 guild mate who dueled me
    *And finally for a lvl 9 mob to detect me from 2 meters away when i approch from behind him is also crazy (IMO)

Trion please respond...was this an unintended effect from fixin the bug or did you change HOW the stealth mechanic works...If so please put it in the patch notes

Thanks in advance
    When did you start playing? A couple of weeks ago, they did a minor patch which screwed stealth up.

Before that, you needed to use Elusiveness and approach the mob from behind, or else you could be detected and attacked before getting an opener in.

During the beta, I was using Lost Hope in the NB to sap mobs before attacking them, was easier than using Incapacitate, as wandering mobs have a habit of turning around at the last second and spotting you.

Chances are this is simply a return to the way stealth used to be.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

*Occasionally NPCs would be unable to attack stealthed players. Not anymore!

Working as intended from TRION. GTH.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

Looks like they are looking into this issue. When it went live some unintended things happened, and I think you know what they are lol (obvious)
    Last edited by Gojiraatomic; 03-30-2011 at 01:25 PM.
    I gank, get over it.

For the person who asked...I've been playing since Beta 3 or 4 don't remember which one specifically...but I've never had these kind of issues...the only times in beta I had to use elusive was on higher lvl mobs and I never had to use it on mobs almost 20 lvls lower....however I've seen postings that elusive is broken as well...I have yet to test that since I'm at work now
    www.sghq.com
    Rift Portal Duty Officer

Soulwalker

Default Stealth broken

It's not npc's that see my, it's just ordinary mobs. I have perma stealth and silent steps, I could walk through a mob and not be detected, now almost every mob is detecting me. This is nuts, makes the character unusable as I have half or less the dps when not attacking first from stealth.

Last page, scroll down to last post.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...oblivion/page8

They have spoken about it. You are welcome.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyna View Post
    Last page, scroll down to last post.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...oblivion/page8

They have spoken about it. You are welcome.
    Stop linking closed threads where Trion thinks they fixed the problem when it is still broken.

Quote Originally Posted by voidtek1969 View Post
    Stop linking closed threads where Trion thinks they fixed the problem when it is still broken.
    I guess you didn't read what they said then, did you?

There was a bug that was introduced around the 17th March that could result in mobs being unable to detect stealthed players. This bug was fixed in 1.1; so Stealth is once again working as it did at release and in Beta. However we’re still not entirely happy with how it is right now, and we plan to make further adjustments to the detection rules for stealth players vs. both NPCs and players to reduce detection range i.e. it’ll be easier to use stealth. These adjustments are currently in progress and we hope to have them patched soon.
    That last part? It means they are working on it. Chill. Patience. Rome was not built in a day, stealth will not get fixed in a matter of hours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast