+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motif of regeneration not healing ranger pet ?!!

Rift Disciple

Default Motif of regeneration not healing ranger pet ?!!

ah this seams like a massive hit for rangers as they level , i took bard just so i could heal my pet and keep them up . the single lame heal i am left with means then pet dies 90% of the time and i have to use my cadence non stop just to keep there health up.

my class is getting killed so much as it is , if my pet dies odds are my toon will die and thats so often now as it is.

i just cant see any reason why they would remove my ability to heal my pet ?!!!

Not saying it isn't a bug (in notes?) but balancing pets around a sub-class makes that soul required and goes against the whole customization gimmick Trion is pushing.

If this is intentional then it opens the pets (at least tank pets) for more tweaking towards personal survival.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Shield of Telara

Ouch! This directly effects me. Being a Bard/Ranger/?? this was my bread and butter for soloing 8 mobs (as well as my anthem and pet heal).

Not sure if mad or not...
    That's exactly what a hacker would say...

Quote Originally Posted by joen00b View Post
    ...soloing 8 mobs ...

Think I may have spotted the reason for the change
    Can't blame them,bard was so easy it was getting silly

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Agobi View Post
    Think I may have spotted the reason for the change
    Can't blame them,bard was so easy it was getting silly
    But, notice there is no nerdrage and threats to quit and demands for changes. I admitted it directly effects my playstyle and I am already devising new ways to play my class.
    That's exactly what a hacker would say...

Quote Originally Posted by joen00b View Post
    But, notice there is no nerdrage and threats to quit and demands for changes. I admitted it directly effects my playstyle and I am already devising new ways to play my class.
    If in doubt report it as a bug... often until they state that it is not a bug.

We need to start requesting (but not demanding) feedback as to what is intended and what is a bug.

Kind of like the bug that prevents us from drinking while anyone in our raid is in combat. We should leave combat 5-10 seconds after our last attack or the last mob (or player) attacked us personally.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Shadowlander

Well, that would suck it if it true.

I can see why pets would be taken out of the mix with the new caps for targets on healing. I would think that pets could still be on the list, just prioritized after all player characters have been exhausted as targets.

Rift Disciple

i could never take 8 npcs at once at best i could do 3 and only if they were at my level or below and i had to heal like crazy and redirect to the pet and if i got 2 on me blow a health pot and 20% pet would still die and i had to run for it with the last npc still up and me at under 20% health. now i am only 46 so not sure what its like for a 50 in far better gear but then everything should be easier if you are killing stuff well below your level.

i can change my play style to , i got a mage alt.

Parked my rogue for a while pending further updates. As is there is a ranger ability to heal the pet, but even the greater pets die pretty quickly as things stand today. The class is playable in a group setting but solo is now pretty rough compared to other classes.
    Go forth and do, just blogging about it is the same as inaction.

Rift Disciple

any change with this in the last little hot fix that went out ?

Soulwalker

Just logged in my bard to check this out. I found that the bard abilities are still affecting the pet, it's just not showing on the pet's status. In fact, none of the buffs are showing up under the pet. But, I saw the green numbers tick off my trusty boar as well as cadence healing and coda of restoration. Check your combat logs and you'll see the same results "Motif of Regeneration heals Tanklol for 0. (66 overheal)" It's just a graphics bug.
    Last edited by Darris; 03-31-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by lomax View Post
    i could never take 8 npcs at once at best i could do 3 and only if they were at my level or below and i had to heal like crazy and redirect to the pet and if i got 2 on me blow a health pot and 20% pet would still die and i had to run for it with the last npc still up and me at under 20% health. now i am only 46 so not sure what its like for a 50 in far better gear but then everything should be easier if you are killing stuff well below your level.

i can change my play style to , i got a mage alt.
    ya, i call bs on that guy also, unless hes a 50 in silverwood of course.

Motif of Regeneration was changed to be a buff the centers on the bard and heals within a radius around the bard. Kinda like a pbaoe.
    My guess is that the pets are out of the radius of the motif.
    Try standing next to the pet once he has aggro and see if the motif affects him.
    ----------------------
    "Motif of Regeneration is being lowered to 10 not 5. It's now a buff that sits on the Bard and pulses a smart heal to up to 10 targets every 3 seconds."
    -Sweet (dev)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...yers-quot-work
    ---------------------
    "* Motif of Regeneration: Now unlocked at 24 points. Now casts on the Bard and heals up to 10 raid or group members nearby with each tick. Uses smart healing to select targets those with the lowest health of available targets nearby."
    -Patch Notes

Soulwalker

Thinking this better be a bug related to the new 'smart' healing changes stated in the patch notes. I too was using this motif to keep the pet up. Not only do we have to now go deep into Bard to get the motif, but it doesn't affect pets? Gotta be a bug.
    Also, whoever said they keep their pig put with 8 mobs on them must have been grouping with a cleric or two.

Anyone else having issues with their pets? Like pig dragging mobs into the landscape, dropping through floors (and bringing back friends), losing the pet toolbar icons, unable to resummon due to the casting cost being greater than your total mana?

My Rogue is 48 and I've been having a slew of issues recently. My 50 Necro doesn't have ANY of these pet issues.

I'm a ranger/marksman/bard and my pet is holding its own very well. Plus, I use both the pet healing skill and the motif of regen. Just don't let your pet do all the work, you need to kill the mob, your pet is just a helper LOL Take on less mobs at once and you'll do fine.

Plus, once you have like 24 points in your ranger tree, you can summon a greater razorbeast. My Slayerpiggy is holding aggro again! yay!

(I need to go home, I read Motif of Refrigeration... I was like is that a new skill? LOL)

Yes, I also had that happen - loosing my pet toolbar. It mainly happens when I climb mountains or swim underwater. I've seen some mobs drop through the floor and I got the "no line of sight" message. Hmm I also think my pig is pulling more aggro lately too, when I just run through the country side.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 04-01-2011 at 11:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast