+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancer has rogue DPS while healing. Balanced?

Telaran

Default Chloromancer has rogue DPS while healing. Balanced?

We know DPS specced mages now do 50% more damage than DPS rogues on single target (over 100% more on AoE), and since I am sure Trion also knows this I can only assume its working as intended. And warriors do most (over 1000 DPS), while enjoying 3 times more armor and 2 times more health.

Anyway, I just saw this: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea....1-DPS-Testing, and I see that chloromancer does "rouge" DPS of 550, but when he does it he heals the whole group as well.

Pretty amazing, did Trion actually test all 4 callings when they developed the game? In what way could this even remotely be called balanced.

According to the Warrior forums they do around 750 DPS now with some people saying they can get up to 800ish.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Telaran

And Trion is silent, acting like everything is fine.

I don't know if rogues are supposed to be best single-target DPS, but I do know that we are supposed to be good at it. Right now, we do half the DPS that non-DPS classes do to single targets.

In fact, we are worst DPS in all ways. Now, if we had a lot of buffs, debuffs, utility, healing, god survivability and looked sexy (last is important), it would not be so bad. But we bring nothing to a group except DPS, and a little CC if assassin/nightblade specced.

I don't think I have ever seen a class this unbalanced in any MMO, ever.

By the way, I spent 2 hours looking for a group tonight, I wanted to test the new dailys for expert dungeon. I failed miserable :-(

Ive seen alot of groups looking for mage/warrior dps already
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

+ Reply to Thread