+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shrapnel charge nerf?

Telaran

Default Shrapnel charge nerf?

With the recent changes to the charges blasting individually in general, I was wondering how this could affect shrapnel, unintentionally.

Before this patch, say 5x shrapnel hit for 2k, then residual shrapnel would do +1k over time.

After this patch, 5x shrapnel would detonate for 5x 1x shrapnel. Question is, how would this affect residual shrapnel? Would the 1x on each shrapnel overwrite each residual until only the last one remains, say that 2k blast does 5x 400 + 200 residual?

If that is the case, is it even worth getting residual anymore?

That's a good question. Moreover how is residual calculated when some shrapnel charges crit and others don't?

wouldn't this also affect spike? If I'm reading your post correctly.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Muteki View Post
    wouldn't this also affect spike? If I'm reading your post correctly.
    Now that I think about it... in theory it would, wouldn't it. Can someone in the game possibly do a quick test on this?

Shadowlander

Spike and the DoT from shrapnel is just 1 number each tick, the shrapnel DoT debuff has a stack number for the number of charges used.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustuf View Post
    Now that I think about it... in theory it would, wouldn't it. Can someone in the game possibly do a quick test on this?
    I was using a different build then I normally do so that could be the main reason I was seeing a huge difference in numbers.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bxkkRz.0VMcxcb

I was hoping that the dmg increase to the the Charge Booster would help but it didn't appear to. Mind you I didn't get to thoroughly test it I was able to only kill about 15 mobs. However, it's the same guys I kill all the time. I know my normal dmg pattern. I can say it was significantly lower. probably close to 40%-50%. I'll go back to my old build tonight and re-apply the same tests. With this build..
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...b0kkRz.0VMcxcb

Hope it's just the wrong application of my rotation. I was doing 5x spike to start, following up with 5x blast charges. Groups it was the normal 5x Shrapnel.

+ Reply to Thread