+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Some post 1.1 dps numbers

Rift Disciple

Default Some post 1.1 dps numbers

Just to add some more numbers to the pile for consideration...

All of these were done with newly-50 blue items, mostly CC/AP/FH stuff. All against the "normal training dummy"

Sabo
    380 dps
    - tried several rotations, most were close in DPS, best one was 5 spike-5 blast.
    - this same gear gave me about 500 dps against the dummy pre patch
    - this is the build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bhk0Rz.0VMcxcb

Nightblade
    430 dps
    - this was a 5 minute fight using cooldowns (D2D, EF) every time they were up
    - this is the build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...gMso.V.0VMcxcb

MM/Ranger
    450 dps
    - this is with the raptor pet
    - this is the build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...rh.VMcfux0RoMz

Haven't tried deep assassin or bladedancer yet.
    Last edited by insodus; 03-30-2011 at 11:31 AM.

@!#&*^@# PETS /stab

thanks for the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by insodus View Post
    Just to add some more numbers to the pile for consideration...

All of these were done with newly-50 blue items, mostly CC/AP/FH stuff. All against the "normal training dummy"

Sabo
    380 dps
    - tried several rotations, most were close in DPS, best one was 5 spike-5 blast.
    - this same gear gave me about 500 dps against the dummy pre patch
    - this is the build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bhk0Rz.0VMcxcb

Nightblade
    430 dps
    - this was a 5 minute fight using cooldowns (D2D, EF) every time they were up
    - this is the build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...gMso.V.0VMcxcb

MM/Ranger
    450 dps
    - this is with the raptor pet
    - this is the build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...rh.VMcfux0RoMz

Haven't tried deep assassin or bladedancer yet.
    your NB build is horribly flawed IMO.

You have 2 points in Hellfire Blades, when 1 is enough in a boss fight, you have Flame Thrust, you have 3 in Enkindle, you inexplicably have no points in Night Stalker, and you don't have twilight force.

Just.. no.

Here's what a good PVE NB build looks like (assuming you are just hitting L 50 and you aren't hit capped yet) http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Moc.0VMcx0b.VV
    Last edited by Darknesse; 03-30-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Rift Disciple

BD/Assassin
    400 dps
    - this is a 5 minute fight using cooldown every time they were up
    - this is the build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bz.0VMfxcbVz.V
    - good thing about this build is you have fully improved stealth and 30% increase to dex which should make it scale well
    - bad news about this build, you have almost no AOE to speak of

Telaran

I don't know what you guys are doing with your sab builds, and granted, mine received a large nerf as well, but taking advantage of poisons and Hellfire blades, I was typically running 800 dps on the dummy self-buffed pre-patch, and I parsed at 600 post-patch.

Granted, there are other melee builds that *should* be better, but I only had about 5 minutes to parse before I had to leave for class, so I haven't been able to do a ton of testing.

I just don't understand how people are only getting 350-450 dps out of Sab build...stand in melee range, use your poisons, hellfire procs, and serrated blades. Not every boss can be attacked in melee range and you will suffer some dps, but many can.

I guess my gear has something to do with DPS, as I'm in full T2 purples with a Greenscale weapon, but I don't think that should account for a 30-40% dps increase...especially since it didn't make that large of a difference in 1.0

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Darknesse View Post
    your NB build is horribly flawed IMO.

You have 2 points in Hellfire Blades, when 1 is enough in a boss fight, you have Flame Thrust, you have 3 in Enkindle, you inexplicably have no points in Night Stalker, and you don't have twilight force.

Just.. no.

Here's what a good PVE NB build looks like (assuming you are just hitting L 50 and you aren't hit capped yet) http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Moc.0VMcx0b.VV

Your build is so close to mine... you took nightstalker instead of enkindle, both of which are useless on a dummy. I've been doing these builds just to get a ballpark.

Other than that, you took 10 BD for the +hit and +auto attack instead of my 15% dex in sabo. Based on the amount of dmg I was doing with auto's, thats maybe a +/- 3% difference in DPS.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Menzer View Post
    I just don't understand how people are only getting 350-450 dps out of Sab build..
    ... this ...
    I guess my gear has something to do with DPS, as I'm in full T2 purples with a Greenscale weapon

Soulwalker

I don't know what you guys are doing with your sab builds, and granted, mine received a large nerf as well, but taking advantage of poisons and Hellfire blades, I was typically running 800 dps on the dummy self-buffed pre-patch, and I parsed at 600 post-patch.

Granted, there are other melee builds that *should* be better, but I only had about 5 minutes to parse before I had to leave for class, so I haven't been able to do a ton of testing.

I just don't understand how people are only getting 350-450 dps out of Sab build...stand in melee range, use your poisons, hellfire procs, and serrated blades. Not every boss can be attacked in melee range and you will suffer some dps, but many can.

I guess my gear has something to do with DPS, as I'm in full T2 purples with a Greenscale weapon, but I don't think that should account for a 30-40% dps increase...especially since it didn't make that large of a difference in 1.0

please let us know about your rotation and post a spreadsheet of your DPS parse. this may helps a lot.
    i dropped down from 760 to 450 with my sab specc and would love to see, what you are doing different.

Telaran

I think gear may make more of a difference than you realize.

I can't speak for post-patch, but pre-patch my damage (both spike and dps) shot up quite noticably when I went from a 21dps blue to a 26.4dps purple weapon.

A GSB weapon alone will make that much of a difference compared to a fresh 50 with ~24 DPS weapons at best.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

I will still choose a rogue dps over clerics.

Rift Disciple

especially since it didn't make that large of a difference in 1.0
    Yes it did. You say you were doing 800 dps pre-patch and I was doing around 500, thats 35% difference. I was running the cookie-cutter build + rotation that have been documented several times on here as being optimal.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by StChoch View Post
    I will still choose a rogue dps over clerics.
    True enough. But at least clerics have a defined role as the best tank healers, and they can act viable as a tank or DPS in a pinch.

Same goes for mages and warriors now. They each have a best-of-breed spec, and then some other things they can do that are viable.

We have a bunch of specs that are just barely viable...

Soulwalker

I would rather have a bunch of options with similar dps than be forced into a single build to raid. There is something to say for being able to actually customize your toon, and not have to play community accepted spec.

As for the patch whining, every calling was nerfed, and if one ends up being OP it will get nerfed next patch, and if your calling is significantly underpowered, it will be buffed next patch. This is how MMOs work.

Also consider that this game has only been out, what, a month? There will be a ton of changes in order for Trion to get the game to play the way they intended it to. Personally, Im guessing they thought players were advancing too quickly so Trion put out a blanket nerf so players would actually be challenged by content.

Just my 2 cents.

Pre patch sabo/reng/sin dps was 750 on 1 target unbuffed (it was hard to reach, but it was real)
    Same build after 1.1 = 510 dps.

Best result on 1.1 after 4 hours of testing = 680 dps. In real fight 600-

War's and Clerics laugh in our faces... btw Mages too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast