+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expose Weakness: A Cry for Help

Default Expose Weakness: A Cry for Help

So, been playing around on the training dummies in Sanctum, discovered something pretty awful regarding EW.

The damage is 16 per charge, for 20 charges, which is 320 damage total. What I've noticed is that this gets added onto your final damage after all damage modifiers, including crit damage, have been applied.

So, my SS was critting for 345 damage without EW. With EW, it was critting for 361.

With the 15% bonus from Stalker Phase, my SS was critting for 392. With EW up, it was critting for 408.

What this means, is that EW will only ever do 320 damage per application. It is incapable of critting, and therefore doesn't get the 20% increased crit damage, and doesn't gain any bonus from damage modifiers, it is simply damage that is tacked on at the end when final damage is calculated.

Given the fact that this doesn't scale either, this really needs to be looked at. It needs to be added into the damage before damage bonuses are applied. Although 320 is a decent amount of reliable damage now, it will gradually get worse as players get better gear.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Shadowlander

This will indeed become a big issue as rogues move forward gear-wise. I was already questioning whether EW was worth the GCD and the attention needed to keep it up - sad to see it will only fade in usefulness with time.

Maybe it would make sense to turn it into a %armor debuff?

Telaran

It's only benefit is pre-attack from stealth. Cast and then ignore it. It's not worth the timer otherwise (at 38 I crit Savage Strike often for 300).

Telaran

The only real usefullness for Expose Weakness now is for primary saboteurs (lol). Since every charge now does it's own damage calculation, and Expose Weakness has no cooldown, if you really, really need to spike (again: lol with the sabo nerfs) then use expose weakness before you detonate for an instant 16*6 (5x for charges, 1x for Detonate) extra damage. (Or maybe it's 16*7, I'm not clear on whether charge booster damage is now added to Detonate or calculated separately)

On the other hand, running those numbers myself: LOL. +96 damage if it's x6, +112 damage if it's x7. Trivial.
    Last edited by [LLJK]Kaane; 03-30-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Yeah. mayhaps this ability is sounding like it needs a boost of some sort.

+ Reply to Thread