+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Melee attack sound

Soulwalker

Default New Melee attack sound

what do you all think about the new melee attack sounds?
    to me it sounds more realistic in some ways... but the sound is so dull

a silent patch or a bug im not sure, hope Trion can put a reply for us.

Soulwalker

Yes, I noticed this too. The fighting is no fun anymore. It like having your sound turned off. Need to be fixed.

Yah! I miss the "hratch hratch" sound of my blades;}! The new sounds sound really meh and.. lacking tbh...Dunno I dislike to whine but they don't seem to be "intended".

Miss it too Hope it was a bug!

What are guardians?

An instrument of faith!

The sound is not as good as the previous IMO.

It seems there is something "off" with combat in general. It seems slower or something.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

Sounds like they sampled it from NES punch-out. Really really cheesy.

Soulwalker

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this, it now sounds like I'm fighting with a pair of dustbin lids !

The previous sound was perfect and needed no change, send Trion a support feedback ticket telling them your unhappy and would prefer the old sound back and maybe if enough of us do it the will bring it back.

Soulwalker

the sound is really really awful... It sound like I am hitting a pillow with a bat. For me it really kills the atmosphere....

I hope trion goes back to the old sound

Here is sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf1S8SlSUKc

Rift Master

It's horrible. Sounds like a dull "thud" sound. Please change it back Trion. Pretty please

Soulwalker

Angry

I completely agree that the new sound is absolutely horrible. I was going to say it sounds like it should be a kicking sound or something not a sound that should be associated with blades. I agree with the previous poster that its best explained as hitting a pillow with a bat.

If anything this should be the sound for hammers not and kind of blade. I can not stand the new sound its so uninspiring and bland that the sound isn't even fun to listen to anymore. Id rather play with it muted than have to listen to it.

PLEASE CHANGE THE SOUND BACK!

Soulwalker

Also to add didn't each skill have their own sound for the animation? I may be wrong in this assumption but every skill has the same stupid sound now so you can't really play with your ears when everything sounds the same.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Noho View Post
    Also to add didn't each skill have their own sound for the animation? I may be wrong in this assumption but every skill has the same stupid sound now so you can't really play with your ears when everything sounds the same.
    Yes, at first I thought perhaps they just changed the melee "hit" sound. I went on my cleric and noticed that ALL of the animation sounds, except the hit sound, were very faint. Must be some kind of bug. Make sure you report this in-game as well.

Soulwalker

Bump

Trion PLEASE fix the sound

I don't want to here a bat hiting a pillow

It may well be the sound in-game is being drowned out by the moans and groans of most of the rogue and warrior classes. That "bat hitting a pillow" sound my be those players slamming their heads into their keyboards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdertrain
    That this post found it to page three is reprehensible. It's the best one I've seen since I started playing Rift. "find some balance in your life..." Some people could learn from that. Not only is it an awesomely hilarious post, but informative too. +10 internets.

+ Reply to Thread