+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sabo Post Apocalypse Build

Default Sabo Post Apocalypse Build

Sup guys, back again after our first nerf. I figured I would try and aid the Sabo's in putting together another build to get us going again. I personally tried to avoid using the insanely high DPS ranged build, though I did last night just to remind myself how powerful it was. I didn't want to rely on it so that I wasn't crushed like so many are now because they got used to having a crutch. With that sad, and knowing we have to adjust or die. I'm doing the adjusting. So, here's my idea.. I'm going to try this build tonight. The thought process behind this build was based around the "Every Point Past 21 will do 15% more weapon dmg" so with that here we go again.

46 / 22 / 0 - Sab / AS / RS
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...bxkkRz.0VMcxcb

The idea with this build is maximizing our dmg. How do we do this you ask? Well the same way we did in the past but we have to give up some of the older spec goodies that Lexi had in the NB tree. I've shifted more points into the Sabo tree. In essence we should be getting 375% weapon dmg out of this build. 25 points in Sabo tree over 21 is.. 25 x 15% = 375%. I don't think it's a good idea to give up Assassin yet, the 20% more crit dmg is still far to good to give up, along with the poison dmg still adding in to our Spikey charges. I believe this is the best we can do for dmg at the moment. IMHO.

With this combo, make sure you have a good healer around because you will be leaving yourself vulnerable for short period of time.

Do your 5x Spike Charge of course to open. Follow up with your with your 5x Blast Charge. Make sure when you explode your 5 BC's your close enough to do your Last Stand. This will be a huge dmg spike. ( In Theory ) You should be able to get off another 5 point Blast Charge before the Spikey has worn off. Now simply reapply the 5 point Spikey.

5x Spikey > 5x Blast Charge + Last Stand

If your fighting against a group of mobs. It's a little bit different. I tend to do 2 Spikey 3 Shrapnel. The reason I do this is for Carpet Bombing. I really enjoy using that ability in several situations. One it helps the healer if you need to shut down the dmg on the tank for a short while to let the healers catch up. Or simply layeth down the smacketh. Either way it's fun, So I tend to go that direction when I'm opening.

2x Spikey > 3x Shrapnel > Carpet Bombing > Spam Annihilation Bomb till Carpet bombing is done > Det > Last Stand
    5x Shrapnel Charge > Det

Hope this helps some guys if it doesn't try a different way but don't give up on this class just because of a reworking of skills. I'm not sure why they lowered the distance of the bomb tossing but /shrug.

Almost forgot the most important thing here. Use stealth and drop your expose armor first. That is all

Telaran

I believe it's called 'Spike'

Soulwalker

please provide some spreadsheets and dps values singletarget, if you can.

at this point theorycrafting and especially manually calculating percent values doesnt seem to be very reliable

nice to see ppl looking for a solution. as far as I can sum the threads up right now, there is no reason to raid with DPS rogues. i really hope i oversaw some important things.

Rift Chaser

Default sab damage now in WF's..

Just logged in my toon on my lunch break - built the souls as I had them before. It was the ever popular sab/nb/sin build. I used the normal sets of rotations, 1 of each, 5 x blast, etc. I did this just to compare before/after damage. I do not have numbers, parses, or screen shots. If you play or have played a sab you will encounter the same results. My damage was reduced by 50-60% across the board. Keep in mind my sab is lvl 50 and just shy of rank 3 (to give you some idea of my equipment), I specifically targeted names that I have fought many times before so I know approx. how much their health bar should drop given my sets of rotations.

This is not a QQ post, just giving my observations. I'll either find a way to make sab work or I'll try another soul combo. No big deal. Although this patch was a significant nerf I shudder to think what it would have been like had they implemented the proposed range decrease.

For those of you who whined about sabs nerfs.....your lamentations have been heard and answered with extreme prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by KMFDM View Post
    Just logged in my toon on my lunch break - built the souls as I had them before. It was the ever popular sab/nb/sin build. I used the normal sets of rotations, 1 of each, 5 x blast, etc. I did this just to compare before/after damage. I do not have numbers, parses, or screen shots. If you play or have played a sab you will encounter the same results. My damage was reduced by 50-60% across the board. Keep in mind my sab is lvl 50 and just shy of rank 3 (to give you some idea of my equipment), I specifically targeted names that I have fought many times before so I know approx. how much their health bar should drop given my sets of rotations.

This is not a QQ post, just giving my observations. I'll either find a way to make sab work or I'll try another soul combo. No big deal. Although this patch was a significant nerf I shudder to think what it would have been like had they implemented the proposed range decrease.

For those of you who whined about sabs nerfs.....your lamentations have been heard and answered with extreme prejudice.
    Ya same here, I used to have the old Sab / AS / NB build myself was pretty good but I knew it would take a hit. I was also on my lunch fighting the same mobs I usually had no problem in the past killing had to do more then a 2x 5 charge rotation. Which in the past I never had to even without using the Famous SAN build. I tried with my build I posted earlier and found about the same findings as you did. Considerable drop in dmg across the board. I'm going to test out the old SAN build and see if I can use a old / new rotation to see if I can come up with something I'm missing. Maybe it's more important to add in Ember charges now. I'll have to do some research.

Edit: I'm also 50 have been for a while now, also I'm Prestige 2 with mixed blues and grapes.
    Last edited by -DK-; 03-30-2011 at 12:31 PM.

This is the build I was using for a while it relies on a lot of poison dmg to help boost the over all dmg. I will try this tonight when I get off work in a couple hours.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...b0kkRz.0VMcxcb

Rift Chaser

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___

This was the build I used before and after the patch. Not optimal I am sure but it was quite effective. Key word - "was".

I may try something along the lines of http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___ when/if I ever reach rank 6.

I kinda feel sheepish... I hope to God I just simply forgot to train and that's all the dmg problem was. I was in the field when I logged in today at lunch and didn't even bother checking if I needed to re-train my skills so after reading about the Motif's for the Bards some players were saying it ticked for far less. This could be the problem. Lol hopefully that's all it is

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___

This was the build I used before and after the patch. Not optimal I am sure but it was quite effective. Key word - "was".

I may try something along the lines of http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___ when/if I ever reach rank 6.
    I think you forgot to hit he Link button top right hand corner bud. It doesn't save your spec till you do that. :P

Rift Chaser

ooops.....so yeah the above was supposed to go a little something like this :

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0VMftcb0z.Vhx

I may try something along the lines of http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xb0R0b0x0o.V0x when/if I ever reach rank 6.

btw - I did retrain before I entered the WF.....I swear I did. haha!

Although after further reflection this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___ is how my rogue may end up in the future.
    Last edited by KMFDM; 03-30-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Soulwalker

Although after further reflection this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___ is how my rogue may end up in the future.
    Hehe you did it again

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    Hehe you did it again
    Actually this time I think he meant it lol, no spec in Rogue.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    Hehe you did it again
    Actually that was intentional. lol I may just have to give up on rogues for a bit until this patch works out. Soooo that would be my future build.

Sez

Of course we are doing 50% of the damage we used to with the 1 of each charge + detonate. Charge booster isn't making that rotation a total of 10 charges anymore, its only 5 + bonus.

OP had it right, we are back to Spike + blast. I want to see some numbers of adding in splinter and or ember charges, keeping in mind that they help group overall dps as well.

Hunter + Sab can drop armor value pretty heavily, I can't imagine raid groups ignoring rogues for long, if at all.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast