+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Critiques? 27 Rang/ 31 Bard/ 8 NB

Default Critiques? 27 Rang/ 31 Bard/ 8 NB

Looking for more advice/critiques on a build I am playing around with and trying to fine tune.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oc.EId00qsk.Vh

Plane Touched

I started like this, but found out that I really enjoy the Ranger tree over the NightBlade trade.

You are missing key skills in pvp. Mainly

Snare
    Mez
    Blink

The increased damage of cadence (because of bow and ranger talents) almost makes up for the loss of Nightblade talents. The increased pet damage and better pet (raptor) makes more DPS than spamming cadence.

Snaring tanks, mezing, and blinking usually lets me never die in PVP. And While still topping healing (pre-patch) with 7 average deathblows because my ranger pet and line is increasing my crits and damage.

I would take out the 8 points, put enough into bard (34) for mez, and the rest into ranger, Get Riftstalker as third soul and enjoy.

I'm really enjoying it.

Edit: not to mention King of the Jungle gets better with every ranger point you add. Don't forgot that Pets are helping you dps. And in that 1 and 1 duel, You can spam cadence + coda of restoration all day, and out heal most classes while your pet widdles them down. Then after they're attempts are all failure they usually run. Then snare them and start cadence + coda of damage. Spam instant nukes and finishers if they continue to run.
    Last edited by Miestro; 03-30-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miestro View Post
    I started like this, but found out that I really enjoy the Ranger tree over the NightBlade trade.

You are missing key skills in pvp. Mainly

Snare
    Mez
    Blink

The increased damage of cadence (because of bow and ranger talents) almost makes up for the loss of Nightblade talents. The increased pet damage and better pet (raptor) makes more DPS than spamming cadence.

Snaring tanks, mezing, and blinking usually lets me never die in PVP. And While still topping healing (pre-patch) with 7 average deathblows because my ranger pet and line is increasing my crits and damage.

I would take out the 8 points, put enough into bard (34) for mez, and the rest into ranger, Get Riftstalker as third soul and enjoy.

I'm really enjoying it.

I will look into it and play-test it a bit. Thanks for the advice.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainYam View Post
    I will look into it and play-test it a bit. Thanks for the advice.
    Its all about your style though.

I run with 3 other close friends, and we usually handle ourselves well in 4 vs 8 situations in codex. Holding scope or vault (im gaurdian).

Im not saying Nightblade is bad, because its not. I always ran 8 or even 18 points into NightBlade. The only gaurenteed thing I found out in pvp, is Riftstalker's blink ability is priceless in pvp.

Blink + 20% run speed in combat is a god send to my small group.

Now taking a look at your build again, if you want to stay Ranger/Bard/nightblade. The only change I would make (because its a pretty good build) is to take one point from double shot and put it into your Ranger snare.

Snaring is really nice, when cadence spamming a target in a zerg. And doing it on any warrior just makes them a tad more weaker. And lets your team reaction time a bit more forgiving.

Plane Touched

Sorry for next post, but........

If you don't want the mez, then just make sure you get the snare in the ranger line. I think you will enjoy that build regardless.

+ Reply to Thread