+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Stealth broken?

Soulwalker

Default Was Stealth broken?

OK I log on after the world event patch, and I saw in there that mobs will be able to attack stealthed characters now, but come on. I can't sneak past a 1st level critter (exagerration but . . .). I have previously snuck through this whole game, I have Assasin through the points where you increase your stealth to normal speed even. It just seems as if the mobs have WAY too much stealth detection now.

Rift Disciple

The bug was that sometimes a mob would aggro but you hit stealth right after, the mob would follow you but not attack. I'm guessing this is what was fixed.

Shadowlander

Oh I hope they fix/ed that . A couple days ago I had 8 mobs chasing me while I was stealth. Really weird bug

Soulwalker

Pretty much if you are = mob in lvl or higher your ok. If mob > your level they attack.

Rift Chaser

Haha try stealth with a ranger pet on passive. The pet will draw agro but nothing would attack because of stealth. They just followed you around.

Seemed like there was a great opportunity for aoe there after pulling a pack of mobs together but never really explored it.

Mostly used it to trigger a slow spawning mob then stealth and when they appear, there would be a chance to get a jagged strike in before attacking.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbringer View Post
    Pretty much if you are = mob in lvl or higher your ok. If mob > your level they attack.
    Maybe but I am level 36 right now, doing level 37 quests and yesterday I could sneak up and use assasinate on one of the 37 mobs yesterday, just not today.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ellamonster View Post
    Maybe but I am level 36 right now, doing level 37 quests and yesterday I could sneak up and use assasinate on one of the 37 mobs yesterday, just not today.
    I'm sure you still can. Make sure you are behind the mob. That SHOULD make a difference in regards to it detecting you. And failing that, you always have Elusiveness.

Soulwalker

I apologize, I should have been more clear. Pre patch, I at lvl 48 could stealth past lvl 50 mobs. Now at lvl 48 post patch all mobs 49+ detect me and attack.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbringer View Post
    I apologize, I should have been more clear. Pre patch, I at lvl 48 could stealth past lvl 50 mobs. Now at lvl 48 post patch all mobs 49+ detect me and attack.
    Same issue. Not able to get off any stealth abilities on any mob over my lvl. I can understand chance to detect going up as the level gap widens, but this seems off.

Shield of Telara

I cannot get anywhere in front of a even level mob at 50 now!! And I am full +stealth talents..... They nerfed stealth with no say in patch notes.. good luck getting behind a mob if you have to walk anywhere close to the front of them now..

Thanks trion.. nerf stealth and leave us the lowest dps class in game... joke...

Shadowlander

Stealth is broken I have found. I have the Riftstalker tree with my sin tree to the point that I have Shadow Stalk, and I will use Shadow Stalk to get behind the enemy, and right after I do, it turns and faces me so I can't use assassinate, and it proceeds to attack me before I can try to get away/around it to attempt again. Hopefully they'll notice this and will fix it again, otherwise there'll be no point in trying to do quests 1 level over you because of this =/

Soulwalker

haha got the same problem, also i was in pvp and i incapacitated a mage to kill someone else then it pets started attacking me for using a non stealth breaking abilty on his master...... not cool

Soulwalker

positional attacks with no chance of getting in position..soon as i run up to do a back position attack they turn and face me..This cant be right..Hope they fix it soon or let everyone know its working as intended so i know if i am gona wait for a fix or cancel..

Shield of Telara

make us have to spend points in assassin and NB so we can mez pet since every mob now has stealth radar.....

Plane Touched

You want to know why this happened? I'll tell you why.

Crafting.

Crafting is overpowered you see. Oh, every single Apothecary thinks it is broken and useless, but that doesn't mean it isn't overpowered. Oh no. What do 100% of posters know? Even the fan-boys were mad.

Random, needed, 0.1% drop recipes. Plaque drop being completely random. Recipes requiring ingredients you could only get when you were 10 levels higher than the potion.

And most of all, they made it impossible to get resources.

But there was a flaw in the perfection of their attempt to make the useless potions require untold hours get the ingredients for.

Rogues in perma-stealth.

Now, mind you, even with the dungeon bug, even with no combat rogue collection there was still never even remotely enough plants on sale in the auction house to do high level apothecary. Sometimes there would be NO, NOT ONE SINGLE twilight bloom for sale. NOT ONE.

This was, however, a wildly over-supplied situation to the Apothecary team. Better to change a classes core mechanic, so they can't even sneak up and use their actual powers anymore, than to have the POSSIBILITY of twilight blooms on sale at the auction house.

New situation?

NONE. And you can expect Tempest Flower and Basilisk Weed to also be nearly unavailable as well.

Because Apothecary was an un-chained beast before. What with every single Apothecary, even the fan-boys, complaining.

But what does 100% anger mean? It means a job well done.

And now?

Well, they won't even be able to buy them AT ANY PRICE.

And they killed Assassin's even harder to do it. HA! HA! HA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast