+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When will bards get a way to deal with motifs?

General of Telara

Default When will bards get a way to deal with motifs?

Where is our version of Everquest's /melody command? Does anyone at Trion understand how ridiculous it is to have to mash 5,6,7,8,9 every 30 seconds on top of our normal rotation? People can already turn all their motifs into a single keybind by buying a $150 gaming keyboard so why cant the rest of us do the same? I just dont understand why we cant either:

A) macro all our motifs together
    B) get a higher tier talent that lets us cast them all at once. Seriously change the 31 point talent to "lets the bard cast all motifs at once, usable every 30 seconds"

Also give players a short duration buff window that shows anything with a 1 min or shorter duration. When in an instance or raid its hard to see what the duration is on anything. I would rather look at whats going on than stare at my buff bar waiting to see when I need to refresh so usually I either refresh them with like 15 seconds left so I wasted a bunch of GCDs I could have been using to DPS or I let them drop off in which case the group is hurt.
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 03-30-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Or........ Learn to Keybind

Soulwalker

Honestly, I couldn't care less about motifs right now. There are other things that Bards need a lot more.

Here's a few to start with:

-Some kind of rez
    -Some kind of cleanse
    -Some kind of single-target healing
    -Bigger heals in general
    -Healing that doesn't go to **** the second you lose LOS on the enemy target
    -Healing that doesn't require you to constantly be within 20m of the enemy target

Because of the combination of these things, right now for endgame you want one bard in a raid for the stat buff gained by using 3 specific motifs, and that's it. For 5-man experts you want no bard, because the buffs aren't strong enough to make up for the lack in every other aspect compared to a chloro mage.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ix Harm xI View Post
    Or........ Learn to Keybind

L2 read maybe? The problem is you cant macro them so I have to manually hit everyone. Its not like im clicking them from my spellbook so obviously they are on my hotbar.

Also yea there are other things bards need but this one is a very very easy fix. Just let us macro them all together.
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 03-30-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    Also give players a short duration buff window that shows anything with a 1 min or shorter duration. When in an instance or raid its hard to see what the duration is on anything.
    This would be more useful for Riftstalkers, whose buffs get applied at different times. Quite useful, in fact.

For bards? I don't know why you wouldn't play all your motifs in a set sequence. That means you have 3-5 icons showing a single thing you have to refresh, since they have the same duration.

But really, why would you need a macro for this? It's not like bards have a huge number of abilities to use in most fights. And lrn2keybind. Alt-, ctrl-, and shift- are all viable modifiers. If you're really just complaining that you have to press a sequence of keys every so often... welcome to MMORPGs.

If they would just add something similar to "Castsequence" it would be nice.
    As a work around I used keybind to set 4 of them to my arrow keys and the 0 on my keypad so I can easily one hand it without having to pay attention to what number key im hitting.

Shadowlander

Honestly, only thing id like to have is a talent, that shortens the global cooldown of motifs and motifs only. Not like the rotation is too hard to keep track on and i rather have many buttons to push, than just a few. Ress would be pretty nice too and the range of spells should be just a tiny bit longer. Other than that, i'm more than happy of the perfomance of my bard.

Plane Touched

The real solution is to make them 10 min buffs.

Problem solved, trion doesn't have to worry about making special code for the Bard class on macros.

edit: with the exception of the Motif of Regen. Now that it radiates from you, this needs to be the only motif on a timer.
    Last edited by Miestro; 03-30-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Shadowlander

yes please. wtf is 30 sec?

5 min? 3 min? anything please

Soulwalker

It's really not that hard to time 30 second intervals. But to each their own. I will say that the motifs are rather simple and could use a little more variance OR ramped up in effectiveness to feel like a big difference.

But as for setting them on one button, I'd rather rotate them, it keeps me busy. Musicians are never really that simple. =)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Noobie Doo View Post
    It's really not that hard to time 30 second intervals. But to each their own. I will say that the motifs are rather simple and could use a little more variance OR ramped up in effectiveness to feel like a big difference.

But as for setting them on one button, I'd rather rotate them, it keeps me busy. Musicians are never really that simple. =)

If all you do is rotate 5 buffs every 30 sec, you are playing this class wrong. I 4 man it up with close friends and we manage to hold of full groups in codex.

We add a lot more than just rotating 4 buffs, and when there is the oprotune time to cast them I will. But mezing, or snaring (peeling tanks off our casters/healers). Using correct time heals. Assisting dps a target down. Debuffing. Armor penetration.

Having the buffs on the 10 min timer would make them much better. and people die in PVP, which means you will want to recast them for people that come back from the spawn.

Now that the regen motif is focused on us, and we heal those around us, This is the only motif that should remain on a 30 sec duration. And I would be fine only having to push 1 motif every 30 sec.

Soulwalker

I can easily keep up my motifs, play cadence, debuff with cowardice and distress as well as use my saboteur skills. That's just me though. I would really hate to see an EQ2 bard here so I am against the longer duration.

With saying this, I am all for making the bard more diverse. So I would love to see more motifs to mix and match as well as other abilities. Mixing in three souls to a class should open up much more diversity yet I don't feel that it is quite there yet.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Noobie Doo View Post
    I can easily keep up my motifs, play cadence, debuff with cowardice and distress as well as use my saboteur skills. That's just me though. I would really hate to see an EQ2 bard here so I am against the longer duration.

With saying this, I am all for making the bard more diverse. So I would love to see more motifs to mix and match as well as other abilities. Mixing in three souls to a class should open up much more diversity yet I don't feel that it is quite there yet.

It's not hard to do what you said. The question is, why? If we are a support class, why can't we have buffs? right thats what we do the best? buffs? We can heal and buff, thats what our definition is. I would much rather have the CC taken from tanks/mages/rogues and have all "support" souls have them added in. But until then, we are just buff bot crummy healers. So why must our main mechanic be so tedious? what fun does that add?

Quote Originally Posted by Conjh13 View Post
    Honestly, I couldn't care less about motifs right now. There are other things that Bards need a lot more.

Here's a few to start with:

-Some kind of rez
    -Some kind of cleanse
    -Some kind of single-target healing
    -Bigger heals in general
    -Healing that doesn't go to **** the second you lose LOS on the enemy target
    -Healing that doesn't require you to constantly be within 20m of the enemy target

Because of the combination of these things, right now for endgame you want one bard in a raid for the stat buff gained by using 3 specific motifs, and that's it. For 5-man experts you want no bard, because the buffs aren't strong enough to make up for the lack in every other aspect compared to a chloro mage.
    Here is the problem. Tron is pretty good at keeping with the chart they designed in Beta as to what classes do. On that little chart Bards were NOT listed as a healer. They were listed as support and the healer role was listed basically as, "you can focus on this but others will do it A LOT better."

Since we aren't healers, according to Trion, asking to basically be made a healer is probably a losing proposition. Just sayin

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Here is the problem. Tron is pretty good at keeping with the chart they designed in Beta as to what classes do. On that little chart Bards were NOT listed as a healer. They were listed as support and the healer role was listed basically as, "you can focus on this but others will do it A LOT better."

Since we aren't healers, according to Trion, asking to basically be made a healer is probably a losing proposition. Just sayin
    Furthermore, I don't want our class to be a healer.

I WOULD like to see more support, NOT in the form of buffs.

CC, or more debuffs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast