+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is the top single target rogue DPS build

Soulwalker

Question What is the top single target rogue DPS build

Hi guys:

I am struggling, certinly now post 1.1, with what build I should go with. Can someone please post their high single target DPS build. I am assuming it is NB/Sin/Sab (5 pts in the dex skill?) or similar. Please help I have spent alot of money in the last three days screwing around with builds and have yet to find one I am happy with...

Thanks

Let me just log on and check...

Soulwalker

@ work lol sitting in a presentation about load balencers....semi ironic.

After I don't know how many plat in respecs as of level 27 I am like my assassin/ranger/sab the best so far.

Basically I came to the conclusion if you want to play assassin you need to crit, without crits you suck, with them you can kill very fast. I only took sab for the +15% dex (and snare to help escape), ranger for the +5% crit. In assassin tree I use the rest and focus on anything that raises damage, crit chance or crit damage above all else. I don't bother with backstab yet because I get extra chance to crit with savage strike and can also boost that damage from behind as well. When I can spec advanced flanking I will. 30 extra damage for the finisher (at this level) wasn't worth 3 points to me.

Again this is just a level 27 spec and what has worked best for me to this point burst damage-wise which the assassin is not really great at. This is the best spec I could find to maximize it by maximizing crit chance. If I crit alot i drop anything fast as hell. I like the assassin soul despite its weaknesses so tried a lot to make it work.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MTMN.V.MAofx0coz.V
    Last edited by Mako482; 03-30-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slickwall View Post
    Hi guys:

I am struggling, certinly now post 1.1, with what build I should go with. Can someone please post their high single target DPS build. I am assuming it is NB/Sin/Sab (5 pts in the dex skill?) or similar. Please help I have spent alot of money in the last three days screwing around with builds and have yet to find one I am happy with...

Thanks
    Do you want a cookie, or just a cutter?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoutout View Post
    Do you want a cookie, or just a cutter?
    Come on man, he said he tried a bunch of combos and is having trouble, what the hell is the big deal with asking for some guidance? I finally went broke my last respec after trying so many combos it made my head spin, if I can help someone not have to go through that I will happily. Not only do you have to pay to respec but you have to pay to level up all the skills you have not trained in yet, it can cost alot of money to a leveling player.

I know it is "cool" these days to be a uberl33t rude *** but it really is getting old. The mmo community as a whole has gone to crap, thanks for contributing. Ask yourself if the world is a better place today because you were rude to someone asking for help on a mmo board. I mean really man, is it that big a deal? It's a game, have fun and help others do the same. Or you can continue with your internet rude guy routine, lord knows if people acted in real life as they do around here they would have a short life span.

/rant off

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Come on man, he said he tried a bunch of combos and is having trouble, what the hell is the big deal with asking for some guidance? I finally went broke my last respec after trying so many combos it made my head spin, if I can help someone not have to go through that I will happily. Not only do you have to pay to respec but you have to pay to level up all the skills you have not trained in yet, it can cost alot of money to a leveling player.

I know it is "cool" these days to be a uberl33t rude *** but it really is getting old. The mmo community as a whole has gone to crap, thanks for contributing. Ask yourself if the world is a better place today because you were rude to someone asking for help on a mmo board. I mean really man, is it that big a deal? It's a game, have fun and help others do the same. Or you can continue with your internet rude guy routine, lord knows if people acted in real life as they do around here they would have a short life span.

/rant off
    Finally, someone with some brains.

/rant off
    Well said bro......I think more than a few of us are tired of some of these morons.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Athis View Post
    Well said bro......I think more than a few of us are tired of some of these morons.
    agreed.
    moron is pretty much the best description for those so called haters.

on topic:
    tried out some speccs myself. right now everything is far (and i mean FAR) behind my old dps specc.
    would be happy to see someone going beyond 750 DPS unbuffed.

To the op:
    Your request is a little tricky to answer. Play style alone may not benefit the highest yielding dps build for you. If you want an honest suggestion....play what feels good for now. Something you just enjoy. Remember this game just came out, and there are a lot of changes and tweaks we will see to our class over the next year. Someone could post a build that is "the one"" for now, and next month it's garbage. Honestly....it's too early to worry about at this point.

Rift Disciple

/rant off
    +1

People think that just because this is the net that they can be mean and rude. This is so wrong

Soulwalker

Default I'm Assassin/Ranger/Nightblade

This spec is awful for pvp, but I've been having fun with it in pve. I'm level 26. I have no problem killing single targets with it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMNi.0VRcb.V.V0tMh

The survivability is kinda crappy, but that's why I use the ranger pet. I never have aggro on me.

I always have hellfire blades up for the +5% damage, and lethal poison for the crit %.

My rotation looks like this:

Splinter Shot, Expose Weakness, Fiery Spike x 3 (while running towards enemy), Final Blow
    Puncture, Dusk Strike, Twilight Force, Final Blow

Most mobs are dead by this point. Substitute in primal strike if any of your attacks miss to build points.

Anyway, this isn't the best spec I'm sure, but I like it. Let me know how it works for you. =)

Telaran

/rant off
    While I totally agree with your rant here, when someone is asking for help with what is clearly an end-game raiding dps build, posting specs for around half that level with nothing more than anecdotal evidence does not help in the slightest.

On topic: There was another thread discussing this very thing, and it appears that 44 NB/18 Sin/4 RS (or 4 Sab) will be the highest melee build. That build, being this.
    Last edited by Valadar; 03-30-2011 at 11:45 AM.

I'm really liking my NB/Sin/BD build for raids

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Moc.0VMcx0b.VV

You get Twin Strike and Compound attack for smaller pulls, which i enjoy personally.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Darknesse View Post
    I'm really liking my NB/Sin/BD build for raids

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Moc.0VMcx0b.VV

You get Twin Strike and Compound attack for smaller pulls, which i enjoy personally.
    It's all well and good that you enjoy it, but, in raids, you're generally going to be DPSing a single target. In the event AoE DPS is needed, Twin Strike and Compound Attack hit a maximum of 2-3 targets, while Weapon Flare hits 8, and is affected by Unstable State (+9% damage). The frequency with which you can use Weapon Flare compared to Compound Attack instantly makes it the better choice, despite the lack of gaining combo points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast