+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger Tested DPS???

Telaran

Default Ranger Tested DPS???

I am currently running a 51mm for ranged dps and it sucks pretty bad to the point of doing 560 dps sustianed on t2 bosses and Raid Rifts, What is a better Set-up for ranged dps ? not going into Sab right now.
    I hear alot of people saying if you go ranger you must be 51 for pet is this true? and what other calling do you put with the ranger?

Gromler

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gromler View Post
    I am currently running a 51mm for ranged dps and it sucks pretty bad to the point of doing 560 dps sustianed on t2 bosses and Raid Rifts, What is a better Set-up for ranged dps ? not going into Sab right now.
    I hear alot of people saying if you go ranger you must be 51 for pet is this true? and what other calling do you put with the ranger?

Gromler
    Rangers are only good on trash killing in dungeons for their AOE dmg.

go for this specc on bosses tbh.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Delekhan View Post
    Rangers are only good on trash killing in dungeons for their AOE dmg.

go for this specc on bosses tbh.

Why are you getting the aoe in Marks for boss fights? or the root/run speed break? I could see where the root break could come in useful but the aoe I would argue against and go with a 3% Sniper training. One missed shot can be alot of dps missed out on depending on the shot. I also noticed on the parse, that you never used the aoe anyway so going with Sniper training has the chance of helpping improve the numbers you are posting.

I could see crossfire as a way to manage energy tho in long fights. Channels are nice to get your engery back up.

I do like the build though and thank you for posting it with the numbers included. I still am trying to find a viable pvp MM build... I however keep failing : ( and I really want to be a marks.
    Last edited by Chapel; 03-30-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Telaran

560 DPS sounds about right for a 51 PT ranger, with good equipment and the other 15 point in NB tree you can reach a little above 600, but thats against a doll.

If you want to do more DPS, roll a mage. They can reach up to 1000 DPS after the patch.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Entreri View Post
    560 DPS sounds about right for a 51 PT ranger, with good equipment and the other 15 point in NB tree you can reach a little above 600, but thats against a doll.

If you want to do more DPS, roll a mage. They can reach up to 1000 DPS after the patch.
    i do almost 600 in mix t1-t2 gear. how do i do 1000? fully raid gear and ending parses on cd's i assume?

mage got an extremely small damage buff in 1.1 like 50dps.
    Last edited by zeroburrito; 03-30-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    i do almost 600 in mix t1-t2 gear. how do i do 1000? fully raid gear and ending parses on cd's i assume?

mage got an extremely small damage buff in 1.1 like 50dps.
    You can't hit 1k dps single target self buffed zeroburrito ;) They were talking about mages.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kinien View Post
    You can't hit 1k dps single target self buffed zeroburrito ;) They were talking about mages.
    i am a mage. with most specs i can do 500-600 if i don't end parses right after cd's.
    Last edited by zeroburrito; 03-30-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Shhh, we will not tolerate mages talking rational numbers in here, stay on topic about ranger dps.
    Last edited by MaxTwelve; 03-30-2011 at 12:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread