+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NightBlade or Assasin For melee???

Telaran

Default NightBlade or Assasin For melee???

Im going to be dropping my Marksman spec to jump into the thick of it , would like to know from experience what others feel is a better melee *** or NB? Im thinking about PVE not so much PVP. Which is currently doing more Single target Sustained DPS? Aoe?

Thank you in advance for your Tested replies

Gromler

Rift Disciple

ASsassin does better with very hard rotation nightblade does about same with less complex rotation.. with assin u need feiry spikes bleed expose puncture lol nightblade is simple..

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Diebymyhands View Post
    ASsassin does better with very hard rotation nightblade does about same with less complex rotation.. with assin u need feiry spikes bleed expose puncture lol nightblade is simple..
    I can't tell if you're bad or trolling. You need all of those abilities with a proper NB build/rotation. Fitting expose in is a toss up as the GCD used at times does not equate to more dps.

@op While the initial Sin damage output at the opening fight may outdps NB builds, from parses I've seen, and my own testing, NB puts out higher PvE dmg consistently, especially on encounters that matter [read: Boss Fights].

I can't login at the moment but iirc, this is the build I use: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0cc.0VRcx0b.Vo
    Aeternalis - Guardian Rogue
    <Deliverance> [Reclaimer]

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. -Ephesians 6:12 [KJV]

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ggthnx View Post
    I can't tell if you're bad or trolling. You need all of those abilities with a proper NB build/rotation. Fitting expose in is a toss up as the GCD used at times does not equate to more dps.

@op While the initial Sin damage output at the opening fight may outdps NB builds, from parses I've seen, and my own testing, NB puts out higher PvE dmg consistently, especially on encounters that matter [read: Boss Fights].

I can't login at the moment but iirc, this is the build I use: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0cc.0VRcx0b.Vo
    Not trolling sir, My friend has ACT hit over 1000dps with assassin said rotation is very hard compared to nightblade build which does close to it with 860dps but his assassin average out to 900 when jaggede fell off maybe your bad ? can't play well ty

Quote Originally Posted by Diebymyhands View Post
    Not trolling sir, My friend has ACT hit over 1000dps with assassin said rotation is very hard compared to nightblade build which does close to it with 860dps but his assassin average out to 900 when jaggede fell off maybe your bad ? can't play well ty
    Anyone can make a claim with no basis to back it up, real men provide evidence to support there claims.
    Dayblind US
    Legionnaire Sunrider (R4 50 Rogue) - Cadet Warcrown (R2 50 Cleric)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taxcollector View Post
    Anyone can make a claim with no basis to back it up, real men provide evidence to support there claims.
    lol no need to lie it was on dummy were you stand dont move switch inst really going to happen in t1/t2 or raids so yes its true but i doubt its doable in any dungeon or raid unless the boss doesnt move or any aoe where melee can stand n dps

Rift Disciple

+ thisbuild loook correct for the nightblade i took crippling shot for a slow incase a add breaks from cc n targets the healer to slow it

Shadowlander

I found Assassin better but for levelling, i enjoyed playing it but also going stealth and hitting your opening stun by the time the mob got out of stun it was around 50% health plus final blow crits for quite a bit. but if you mean endgame i have no idea, and also a haven't played Nb much but thats because i enjoyed sin
    Last edited by Danny S; 03-30-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Rift Chaser

Why no Scourge of Darkness in melee DPS build?

Telaran

Default shuy

shameless bump still looking for info

Grom

Telaran

Why do people skip out on twilight force? It hits as hard as Dusk Strike for the cost of a primal strike with the same amount of CP generated as the PS. You can macro it into PS as well. Feels like free damage being passed up on.

Also, is enkindle really worth keeping up? My weapon flare is only critting for about 300, so best case scenario you're looking at 600 total damage from it, whereas using that energy on a primal strike would give you around 450-500 damage (figuring a rough average here with primal death factored in) but also give you a combo point. I'm not sure weapon flare is worth it even with enkindle unless you're AoEing or have a couple of mobs you can cleave.

EDIT: That's also not taking into consideration what you're giving up for those 3 points, which often means losing out on Twilight Force (already covered how its a DPS increase) and 2 other points (a lot of people seem to drop eventide for this which I don't understand at all either).
    Last edited by Footsz; 03-30-2011 at 10:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread