+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Was Murderous Thoughts really that OP that it needed a nerf??

Soulwalker

Default Was Murderous Thoughts really that OP that it needed a nerf??

INFILTRATOR [PvP]
    * Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Infiltrator will receive a free soul point respec.
    * Cloudy Poison: Ability should not break stealth when used. The debuff from this is now cleansable.
    * Murderous Thoughts: Now requires Prestige Rank 3. Now increases all damage against players by 3-6%.
    * Knock Knock: Now requires Prestige Rank 2. Increases critical damage against players by 2-10%.

as if melee rogues didnt need a damage reduction, thanks for dropping Murderous Thoughts from 2-10% to 3-6%...although.... 6% increase of crap damage is approximately the same as 10% crap damage increase...

LMAO can this get any worse for melee rogues...if they are evaluating rogues after this patch why reduce their damage in this patch????? oh and now you actually have to play your crap rogue to R3 before you can even do extra damage... what a shame

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ks View Post
    INFILTRATOR [PvP]
    * Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Infiltrator will receive a free soul point respec.
    * Cloudy Poison: Ability should not break stealth when used. The debuff from this is now cleansable.
    * Murderous Thoughts: Now requires Prestige Rank 3. Now increases all damage against players by 3-6%.
    * Knock Knock: Now requires Prestige Rank 2. Increases critical damage against players by 2-10%.

as if melee rogues didnt need a damage reduction, thanks for dropping Murderous Thoughts from 2-10% to 3-6%...although.... 6% increase of crap damage is approximately the same as 10% crap damage increase...

LMAO can this get any worse for melee rogues...if they are evaluating rogues after this patch why reduce their damage in this patch????? oh and now you actually have to play your crap rogue to R3 before you can even do extra damage... what a shame
    Technically, it's not really a nerf. Before, it was +10% PHYSICAL damage. Now it's 6% to ALL damage.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Technically, it's not really a nerf. Before, it was +10% PHYSICAL damage. Now it's 6% to ALL damage.
    as a melee rogue... would we be gettin a bonus from that? 6% of the extremely little serrated blades bleed and 6% of the tiny poison dmg we do would be buffed is what you are saying?.....woopee

Telaran

as a melee rogue... would we be gettin a bonus from that? 6% of the extremely little serrated blades bleed and 6% of the tiny poison dmg we do would be buffed is what you are saying?.....woopee
    Clearly you don't play a Nightblade. Which is sad because Nightblade is the strongest rogue soul right now.

Rift Master

This also buffs Nightblade damage and Sabo damage since it's now no longer pointless to invest points in the aggressive traits of infiltrator.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

LMAO can this get any worse for melee rogues...if they are evaluating rogues after this patch why reduce their damage in this patch?????
    Its because Rogues are currently destroying everything in PvP. They had to reduce our damage cause it was ruining the game.

lol =)
    "How many loaves have ye?" -Jesus

The thing that gets me is that the equivalent talents in the mage tree were untouched. Mages get +15% damage to players and +30% crit. Damage. That coupled with the wave of buffs 1.1 is bringing to mages (increased armor on cloth and damage boosts on all spells) coupled with no nerfs to the pyro Jesus circle make me wonder if all the devs rerolled from warrior to Mage.
    Legionnaire Sev R5 Defiant
    Let him who desires peace prepare for war.
    Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    (~375 AD)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Clearly you don't play a Nightblade. Which is sad because Nightblade is the strongest rogue soul right now.
    looks like im going to have to switch because there isnt much of a bonus for an assassin spec now... im asn/nb/infil something like 41/10/15

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    This also buffs Nightblade damage and Sabo damage since it's now no longer pointless to invest points in the aggressive traits of infiltrator.
    so we get penalized for going deep into the infiil tree by getting "chance to crit" for R3? id rather have bonus dps than another 10% chance... relying on that is weaker than a base amount of dps for sure... and considering our R4/5/6 gear has AP instead of Crit chance... why would we boost crit through this tree? maybe they should change it to boost our AP instead?

Champion

The more and more I think about how they ****ed rogues over this patch. The more pissed off I am getting. Who the **** is gonna spend that many points in infiltrator? Im sure somebody might, maybe a sin or something.>> ?????
    Originally Posted by Rawne
    Awww, are we resorting to insults?

And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

Ahh the choices.....

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FM101 View Post
    Its because Rogues are currently destroying everything in PvP. They had to reduce our damage cause it was ruining the game.

lol =)
    Wow, this devs have got to be some of the dumbeset most oblivious bunch when it comes to knowing what is going on in their own game and how to balance it.
    Originally Posted by Rawne
    Awww, are we resorting to insults?

And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

Ahh the choices.....

Telaran

Personally, as a Nightblade, I'm ecstatic about the changes.
    Aeternalis - Guardian Rogue
    <Deliverance> [Reclaimer]

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. -Ephesians 6:12 [KJV]

+ Reply to Thread