+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question @ rogues after 1.1

Rift Disciple

Default Question @ rogues after 1.1

Question @ rogues after 1.1
    I see a lot of QQ (some legit some out and out whine) about how rogues didn't get buffed in this last patch. My question is were they really underpowered to begin with? Did rogues have trouble soloing content? Were they difficult to quest with? Or is it just that warriors where so OPed due to some buggs that rogues where being left in the dust?

What I mean is I see a lot of rogues talking baout doing DPS in the 700-900 range with parsers on dummies. Some of the most abused champ/para/bm specs where parsing in the 900-1500 range with the average consensus being in the 1100-1300 range. If warriors get brought in line with rogues (700-900) will rogues really feal the need to be buffed?

I mean if dps was similar then rogues would have more range speed and avoidence and warriors would have more mitigation, that seems balanced to me.

PS I posted this thread in general and then figured it was better asked in this forum.

Plane Touched

Warriors were just OP as hell.

And one rouge soul was OP as well.

They fixed both of those, so people are crying and not even understanding that every class besides the OP FOTM classes got a buff, not a nerf.

If you are a DPS class, there will be LESS AOE heal in battlegrounds. SO you just got better.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Miestro View Post

They fixed both of those, so people are crying and not even understanding that every class besides the OP FOTM classes got a buff, not a nerf.

If you are a DPS class, there will be LESS AOE heal in battlegrounds. SO you just got better.
    I keep seeing your posts in this forum and I have to say I'm beginning to dislike you lmao.

They did not buff every class.

Quit acting like everything is fine and dandy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Miestro View Post

Because PvP is the only thing that matters.

Did you not notice the part where only one rogue soul, saboteur, was parsing in that 700+ DPS range and that soul just got nerf-whacked? So even if Warrior are brought back down to the sub-1000 DPS range, they'll still be the top DPS by a very significant amount. Obviously we'll be doing lots of testing on the roles when the patch goes live, but from a purely mathmatical point-of-view, it ain't looking good for rogues now. We are not the best or even close to the best in any role.
    Last edited by Cormyat; 03-30-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sresk View Post
    Question @ rogues after 1.1
    I see a lot of QQ (some legit some out and out whine) about how rogues didn't get buffed in this last patch. My question is were they really underpowered to begin with? Did rogues have trouble soloing content? Were they difficult to quest with? Or is it just that warriors where so OPed due to some buggs that rogues where being left in the dust?

What I mean is I see a lot of rogues talking baout doing DPS in the 700-900 range with parsers on dummies. Some of the most abused champ/para/bm specs where parsing in the 900-1500 range with the average consensus being in the 1100-1300 range. If warriors get brought in line with rogues (700-900) will rogues really feal the need to be buffed?

I mean if dps was similar then rogues would have more range speed and avoidence and warriors would have more mitigation, that seems balanced to me.

PS I posted this thread in general and then figured it was better asked in this forum.
    Ask yourself this.. Should Clerics, Mages and Warriors ALL be able to out DPS a rogue? If your answer is yes, then no Rogues weren't OP to begin with.

But if you are not a ****** then your answer would have been no, which means yes they were all underpowered bar sab and now they are ALL underpowered.

Soulwalker

Personally, I'm not sure. As you apptly stated some are legit and some are not. One distinction I think its fare to make is that no one really worries about PVE content. Its all centered around PVP. But to make any real judgements on how this patch affects our class and the individual souls and their combinations I believe your going to have to give people several weeks to tweek, test, re-tweek, and so on before you see any REAL answers about this patch. Aside from a few Alpha testers perhaps this is all theorycraft based for the most part.

I will say for the record however there are several aspects that do trouble me about the rogues and i'm waiting to see what kind of envrionment these changes bring the classes into.
    Last edited by HenrytheLion; 03-30-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Rift Disciple

@miestro

I agree warriors where OP I play one and I was calling for nerf, no argument from there. But thats my points where rogues actually UP? Or did it just apear that by by compairing them to an obviously broken OP class?

Only sabs could parse anywhere near 700-900 single target. Every other soul is lucky to break 600, namely nightblade, others like marksman are just complete garbage. So with nerfing the only viable pve spec. Yeah were gonna be underpowered.
    Last edited by Sevyr; 03-30-2011 at 08:48 AM.
    Legionnaire Sev R5 Defiant
    Let him who desires peace prepare for war.
    Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    (~375 AD)

Soulwalker

well warriors got taken down to mages and clerics dps. We had sab that was our dps build that put us up there with mages and clerics but now thats nerfed and our other specs wernt buffed. So were either stuck with a ****ty dps role, a nerfed support role that isnt as good as chloro, or going our sub par tank build.

Telaran

Rogues doing 700-750 were sabs, sabs just got nerfed. The rest were doing 500-600, which is what we will be stuck doing now while everyone else is doing 700-900. Still sound fair?

Rift Disciple

LOL sub par tank build? You hsould see how many warriors are whining that rogues tank better than them

Shadowlander

No argument on the tanking, i think rogue tank is the best one, some of the bosses in T2 are walk in the park when they are tanked by rogue while almost impossible to tank by cleric or warrior.

At the other hand, isn't it funny that the only viable role left for Rogue class is a tank one? :/

Rift Disciple

Well warriors could make the same argument that since rogues are better warriors they should be better DPS. And let me tell you plenty of them have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sresk View Post
    Did rogues have trouble soloing content? Were they difficult to quest with?
    Not at all. I've never had trouble with a solo quest up to +3 levels on my sin/dancer--with the one exception of killing Gorvaht. (What the hell was up with a boss mob out of nowhere?)

Or is it just that warriors where so OPed due to some buggs [sic] that rogues where being left in the dust?
    Yes. Though now you have people saying "LF dps NO WARRIORS", which is hilarious. And I'm talking about yesterday.

No. Tanks should have more mitigation. Ranged dps should have more range. Don't make the mistake of thinking warrior = tank, rogue = dps.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    No argument on the tanking, i think rogue tank is the best one, some of the bosses in T2 are walk in the park when they are tanked by rogue while almost impossible to tank by cleric or warrior.

At the other hand, isn't it funny that the only viable role left for Rogue class is a tank one? :/
    They are the best, I think, but the problem is, it's a struggle and a half for rogues to get tank gear. Equivalent gear, they'll top other tanks...But getting the gear in the first place is more of a pain for the rogue than it is for warriors or clerics.

And...Bards are still viable, even with the nerfs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast