+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Help needed] Assassin stun lock rotation?

Soulwalker

Default [Help needed] Assassin stun lock rotation?

Hi guys, i'm currently a lvl 44 sin (Sin/rift/blade) and was wondering how do other rogues stun-lock me in WFs for...forever.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...odbR.y0o.n0bzz (not maxed at still at lvl 44)

I was originally a sab but after hearing news of sabs getting nerfed i decided to change to sin and get used to it before the patch.

Sorry if this is a horribly noob rotation i just started sin knowing totally nothing about them but what i do is

Stealth>Expose weakness>Jagged strike>Puncture>Impale>Foul play>Savage x5>malicious and finishing blow then keep spamming whatever is available -.-

OR

Stealth>Expose weakness>Paralyzing strike>Puncture>Impale>">"

so yea...from what i have experienced do sins only have 1 stun in combat and 1 stun in stealth? how is that a stun lock when it is quite a short duration ):

Could anyone pls correct soul build and offer some rotation suggestions/comments at my build? Cuz i have totally no problem pve(ok who has them anyway) but totally fail at pvp lol.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by Nozomi; 03-30-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Plane Touched

IM pretty sure to stun lock you go like this

Stun ---> damage -> stun->damage

And one stun is on stealth the other not. Hmmmmmmmm

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Miestro View Post
    IM pretty sure to stun lock you go like this

Stun ---> damage -> stun->damage

And one stun is on stealth the other not. Hmmmmmmmm
    Yea i do stealth then paralyzing strike, using the time i have i apply another 2 more combo points and impale the guy then use foul play for another stun..but 1 thing is most people don't die or they somehow manage to break out of it somewhere or the stun does not last as long as it should.

i've been fighting everyone in WFs especially rogues since i always ninja the sourcestones in whitefall and end up encountering sins defending it who stun lock me till christmas...

the only time i manage to land kills is when i get tired of practicing my sin and just switch to sab and bomb the hell out of everyone

Telaran

Here's your answer:

Assassins cannot "stun lock". What you probably experienced was getting killed within the duration of Paralyzing Strike and/or Foul Play. That would be the result of high burst damage, not a bunch of stuns. It seems like forever when you're stunned so I think you're imagining things.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Here's your answer:

Assassins cannot "stun lock". What you probably experienced was getting killed within the duration of Paralyzing Strike and/or Foul Play. That would be the result of high burst damage, not a bunch of stuns. It seems like forever when you're stunned so I think you're imagining things.
    I hope i am...so how do i get my dps up the quickest way possible? I've had a 50 sin jagged me for continuous 180 dmg and i test my jagged on a mob i get...100? lulz....is gear really a critical factor? and Crit or AP?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nozomi View Post
    Yea i do stealth then paralyzing strike, using the time i have i apply another 2 more combo points and impale the guy then use foul play for another stun..but 1 thing is most people don't die or they somehow manage to break out of it somewhere or the stun does not last as long as it should.

i've been fighting everyone in WFs especially rogues since i always ninja the sourcestones in whitefall and end up encountering sins defending it who stun lock me till christmas...

the only time i manage to land kills is when i get tired of practicing my sin and just switch to sab and bomb the hell out of everyone
    Go Back to Wow.

Devs did not design this game so you can stealth ->stun lock and kill someone in 8 sec alone.

I'm glad you can't do this, because it's lame and just poor design. If you and a friend tag team the person then you could do this. Work like stealthers used too. In groups and ambush a lone person.

sheeesh.

Soulwalker

Go Back to Wow.

Devs did not design this game so you can stealth ->stun lock and kill someone in 8 sec alone.

I'm glad you can't do this, because it's lame and just poor design. If you and a friend tag team the person then you could do this. Work like stealthers used too. In groups and ambush a lone person.

sheeesh.
    i've never played wow and i dont plan to (: it's an over rated game IMO.

Telaran

I hope i am...so how do i get my dps up the quickest way possible? I've had a 50 sin jagged me for continuous 180 dmg and i test my jagged on a mob i get...100? lulz....is gear really a critical factor? and Crit or AP?
    Burst damage really depends on your spec. Nightblade does the highest burst damage right now.

As for gear... lmao... no. Gear hardly scales your skill damage. It's very disappointing. At level 50 in full T1 gear, my jagged strike crits for 213 each tick.

Telaran

I think it gets hit by the diminishing returns "hard", but in theory:

[stealth] -> [paralyzing strike] -> [disengage] -> [foul play] -> [slip away] -> [paralyzing strike]?

Plane Touched

i've never played wow and i dont plan to (: it's an over rated game IMO.
    Ok, Just roll with another stealther. Bard maybe for mez/heals/and buff/damage?

Telaran

Ok, Just roll with another stealther. Bard maybe for mez/heals/and buff/damage?
    He doesn't need another stealther if he's fighting people 1v1.

Soulwalker

Okay thanks for the helpful comments. To sum it all up

1.) Assassins cannot stunlock

2.) Button mash and throw everything at your opponent in the time you have and hope he dies while malicious striking him and chase him around in circles (:

Plane Touched

2.) Button mash and throw everything at your opponent in the time you have and hope he dies while malicious striking him and chase him around in circles (:
    Yes but understand this is not a Rogue > any class if stealth perfed game.

I've been attacked 4 times solo and won all 4 times verse him. They cannot get me to below half life after their two stun rotation.

As a bard a snare, plus blink means enough range to get 5 combo points and heal up, or destroy them. Hell just getting virtuoso doesn't require kiting anymore. Pop that and i can heal up in 2 to 3 casts and then in the next 3 to 5 GCD destory the rouge.

I've been 4-0 against rouges perfing me. My advice. Gank with numbers. We did this in DAOC.

Telaran

Yes. And after about a week of doing that, come back to the forums and make a QQ thread about how every other calling can do everything better than you can.

Telaran

Yes but understand this is not a Rogue > any class if stealth perfed game.

I've been attacked 4 times solo and won all 4 times verse him. They cannot get me to below half life after their two stun rotation.

As a bard a snare, plus blink means enough range to get 5 combo points and heal up, or destroy them. Hell just getting virtuoso doesn't require kiting anymore. Pop that and i can heal up in 2 to 3 casts and then in the next 3 to 5 GCD destory the rouge.

I've been 4-0 against rouges perfing me. My advice. Gank with numbers. We did this in DAOC.
    Lol are you really telling people to gank in numbers? If you couldn't be killed by an assassin as a bard, then i feel bad for that assassin as he was 5 levels below you, wearing full quest greens and hadn't upgraded his skills past level 30.

Your logic is one of a mindless zergfest. "If you can't beat him alone, bring all your friends and zerg him! That'll show him!"

You ever been on the warrior or mage forums? You ever see them talking about "Yo dude.. just roll with another clothie. That's how you win."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast