Howdy Rogues.

Since we have some downtime today, I'm trying to figure out the usefulness of some of our abilities. I've talked to other rogues on my server about them, but nobody has been able to give me much information regarding them, and I haven't figured out much use for them in PvE.

I'm curious about Hidden Veil.

I have tried using it during PvE thinking that I would be able to get off a stealth opener even if the mob hits me first, but it hasn't worked that way.

From a PvP perspective, I thought it'd help us get through the 5000 different AOE effects that are thrown around in order to get close to and pressure a high-priority target. Again, this doesn't seem to work.

I've also tried building a macro to cast it anytime I use stealth but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Any thoughts on this? I'm still getting used to the macro system so it's quite possible I have worded it incorrectly.

So how do you use Hidden Veil?

Is it a "good" skill to have?

I am redesigning my spec and am at 39 points in Assassin. I'd have to take something else in order to hit the 40 points required for the root 40 Hidden Veil ability.

Is it worth it?

Thanks for any insight. I'm 50, but still learning a LOT about the game and my chosen calling/soulset.