+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charge Booster: Redesigned. Using Detonate with 5 combo points will fire off a Booste

Soulwalker

Default Charge Booster: Redesigned. Using Detonate with 5 combo points will fire off a Booste

Good job ruining all of us PvE sabs dps because we were op in pvp. The blast charge nerf was needed but did you really need to completely **** our only viable ranged dps build. Not to mention bard got pwned. So because of ****ty fight design i have no dps specs because all of my ranged specs so **** now im forced to tank on my rogue? Because tanking is the only sum what viable build?

Rift Disciple

^ What he said

Plane Touched

Man so much drama from Sabs.

I love this nerf. Being killed in 4 sec with crits was ******ed.

Actually, if you use only blast charge, this new charge booster gives quite a large dmg boost for it.

Pre patch, it was only +20% with 5x blast charges, now it is atleast +50%

This was actually a buff

also if you get deeper than 21 in the sabo tree, that 50% will get +15% dmg increase from every point spent in sabo tree after 21 soul points.

e. ow, it is 50% off weapon dmg. Don't know how much that will effect...
    Last edited by Deityness; 03-30-2011 at 08:14 AM.
    Bloodiron EU PvP - Defiant
    Franklynot
    Northern Vanguard

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Miestro View Post

6 seconds and if you can't survive a 4-5k crit at max then you have a bad spec and **** gear... + Go find a healer to help you out.

Champion

I love this nerf too because they nerfed (and by nerfed I mean fixed a bugged skill) the skill that was allowing to kill in one rotation then nerfed the Sabs that were not killing in one rotation but were in fact maximizing their DPS by using 5 different charges!

Not understanding how sabs work is fun!
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 03-30-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Soulwalker

"dealing 50% weapon damage."

Okay I'm a little slow so what weapon are they talking about? Main hand melee? Offhand? Both melee weapons combined? Or my ranged weapon? Or am I misreading the description altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by KayJayEss View Post
    6 seconds and if you can't survive a 4-5k crit at max then you have a bad spec and **** gear... + Go find a healer to help you out.
    2 seconds with Rapid Setup.

And on a 1 min CD, you should be using that pretty often.

Quote Originally Posted by KRan View Post

Any Sab specced 51 is NOT going to kill a squirrel let alone another character. The reason why Sab was doing the sustained damage was not only because the so-called charge bug, but because smart players were speccing deep in one or two other souls to maximize damage. A fully specced Sab is gimp.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KRan View Post

LOL

The people who were getting the monster crits didn't have 51 points in Sab. Try playing one, then comment.

Yet, somehow, it is completely acceptable for Mages to one and two shot people...
    Dayblind US
    Legionnaire Sunrider (R4 50 Rogue) - Cadet Warcrown (R2 50 Cleric)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Draconigena III View Post
    LOL

The people who were getting the monster crits didn't have 51 points in Sab. Try playing one, then comment.
    i was doin around 750dps on my sab be4 the nerf so be intresting to see how bad it is now and if warriors are still out dps'ing rouges i will not be happy

i did crit sum1 on my sab for 5444 in port scion that was kinda fun but i do hav a ranger spec that is doin 630-650 dps sustained

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shademade View Post
    Any Sab specced 51 is NOT going to kill a squirrel let alone another character. The reason why Sab was doing the sustained damage was not only because the so-called charge bug, but because smart players were speccing deep in one or two other souls to maximize damage. A fully specced Sab is gimp.
    Just want to emphasize this. Speccing sab to the upper 20s with the rest in assassin/NB subspec provided me with consistently better pvp results in both warfronts and open world when properly mixing up charges (no 5x blast)

My issue with this change is not so much the nerf, but rather forcing us to simplify the skills we can use to perform optimally. I would have rather had charge booster left alone, and charge range reduced to 20 meters max. This change will just lead to more 5x charge spamming, which to me is less engaging gameplay.

+ Reply to Thread